PDA

View Full Version : Politics in my opinion

SharpObjects
11-15-2006, 12:32 PM
I know I have no real authority on the subject-matter, but I really don't like seeing political threads being posted anymore. Almost everytime I see one, its turns into a flame war. People have different views on political matters, and what was once an intelligent discussion becomes a total argument. If I say something bad about one of the polictal leaders, someone gets mad and says something bad back. Flamethrowers out and ready.

When I read about scandels and jokes that went wrong and other bad news in the paper, and I think, "Are we suppose to be fighting each other?" Either you're all red or all blue, for or against, patriotic or unpatriotic, right or wrong, left or right. I see people my age either for one or the other, with no middle ground at all, no thought for themselves other then its what their parents are, or what the media says.

I'd like to see people talking about politics in a civil manner, here on our humble forum and in general. I know I have no right to control any of that, but I'd be a nice change.

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 01:54 PM
I'd like to see people talking about politics in a civil manner, here on our humble forum and in general. I know I have no right to control any of that, but I'd be a nice change.
**** right we're humble. we're the humblest mof's on the whole internet

vikingshadow
11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Internet politickin' is worthless. Like you said, it always turns into a flame war because the computer comandos are safe behind their monitors at home. The true test of patriotism is going out and voting and standing up for their government and troops, and too often people are quick to speak crap and support their beliefs with what they've heard mommy and daddy say, or what they've read in other forums like this one or *gasp* the politics forum at BSnation.

Personally, I would prefer if NO politics ever came up, but who am I to say what goes on here?

Recon by Fire
11-15-2006, 06:59 PM
You always have the option of not clicking your mouse on a political thread. It is like internet voting :)

UKwithPride
11-15-2006, 07:27 PM
I stay out of politics. Enough said.

durrell
11-15-2006, 08:02 PM
You always have the option of not clicking your mouse on a political thread. It is like internet voting :)

FTW. Some people enjoy discussing it. If you don't enjoy it, no one is forcing you to be there..I do think we have had too many lately though..

SharpObjects
11-16-2006, 10:55 AM
I enjoy discussing it, but as I scroll down, I see the comments get more disrespectful. And I don't want to post my opinion, since it will get me against some people. I do enjoy a good political talk, its just no one can keep things that might start something to themselves.

Recon by Fire
11-16-2006, 05:34 PM
I like politics, but it is usually best to avoid discussions of politics and religions when possible. Usually on the internet, it is always a train wreck...LOL

xtraking
11-16-2006, 06:09 PM
Internet politickin' is worthless. Like you said, it always turns into a flame war because the computer comandos are safe behind their monitors at home.
I disagree... politics usually turns into a flame war whenever, wherever, unless you are in a real debate.

phatphil
11-16-2006, 07:02 PM
I like politics, but it is usually best to avoid discussions of politics and religions when possible. Usually on the internet, it is always a train wreck...LOL
QFT

durrell
11-16-2006, 07:11 PM
I've pretty much came to the conclusion that it's worthless because you're not going to change the other person's mind, and they're not going to change yours. So why do it? Let's just all be friends and forget arguing. :up: