PDA

View Full Version : Thoughts on new generation of guns

sprocket
01-12-2006, 05:15 PM
I'm sure you guys already know about the new Tippmann C3 paintball gun, so I'll spare you the details. Just a question....what do you think about the feasability of using propane tanks in paintball? I mean, I've heard it's a moderately loud gun, but no more than a stock blowback. Do you think propane and all-electric only markers will take over? IMO I think it'll be quite a while before they do, but just a thought.

marvin-martian
01-12-2006, 05:19 PM
using propane is a horrible idea for any marker

spyderimagine01
01-12-2006, 05:25 PM
I personally don't like the fact that it uses propane, seems to me that if someone lights a match near your marker....well you get the rest. I think that all-electric will be very popular, but the mechanicals will still be up there

Ares
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
ill stick with my mags

QAZ123
01-12-2006, 05:30 PM
Ok being a pump enthusiast and enjoy seeing the pump community grow (as long as the right people pick up pump play) and also seeing and picking up a C3 at a local field I would have to say that it was a bad idea!

Pump stroke is pathetic (coming from a guy that usually could care less about the stroke)!
Feel's like plastic!

(and to answer the real question posted)There's is no way I would ever dive into a bunker with a propane tank attached to my marker!

JB.

maximus100389
01-12-2006, 05:30 PM
i hope they come out with a cheap way to make paint so we dont have to pay $50 a box.

Hoppy11
01-12-2006, 05:38 PM
:yeahthat:

spyderimagine01
01-12-2006, 05:42 PM
i hope they come out with a cheap way to make paint so we dont have to pay $50 a box.

Yes, I hate paint prices

bigred76
01-12-2006, 05:51 PM
I fourth that idea. $50 case is really high...hopefully someday it will be as cheap as BBs.

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 05:52 PM
yeah but can you imagine how many shots you would get off of one of these?

http://www.ashomecenter.com/propane%20tank.jpg

Plus if you get hit you can make a quick burger in the dead zone

HacKeR

sprocket
01-13-2006, 07:10 AM
Yea I fifth the paint-prices statement! Definitely gotta make them cheaper. I think the all-electrics will eventually rule, but wouldn't they be unusually quiet? I mean that'd make some interesting scenario stuff for all the people who can't legally use silencers, but what about tournament-ball?

geeZus
01-13-2006, 07:14 AM
I dunno what the problem with paint prices is...I never paid for paint. :shrug:

Nothing made by Tippmann or NPS will ever take over. Period. Both of those guns are retarded, along with the people who use them.

spyderimagine01
01-13-2006, 07:38 AM
I dunno what the problem with paint prices is...I never paid for paint. :shrug:

Your a lucky man. I spend almost as much on paint as I have on my marker

DRAGON
01-13-2006, 07:48 AM
For all of you complaining of paint prices consider this: in the 80's, paint cost $10 for 100rds. Almost as much as some of the rip off fields that charge an arm and leg for fpo paint -

shunut
01-13-2006, 07:50 AM
I think that the propane idea is worse than the 100% electrically marker that was put out not too long ago. Especially in a electronic marker. What if you had a short in a wire and it sparked as some gas was being release, now you have a flame thrower instead of paintball gun.

As for paint prices I have seen them coming down. A couple months ago Marballizers (paint I normally shoot) was up around $65. I was at the same shop a week ago and its down to $43 a case. So its getting there. It'd be nice if it got down closer to $20 a case for good paint, guess we'll just have to keep waiting for that.

bigred76
01-13-2006, 08:01 AM
For all of you complaining of paint prices consider this: in the 80's, paint cost $10 for 100rds. Almost as much as some of the rip off fields that charge an arm and leg for fpo paint -
But you also must remember you were shooting pumps. Those 100 rounds would last you a day of play.

Xecutiv3
01-13-2006, 08:34 AM
Back on the C3 propane subject, If you had a pin sized leak and you left it in you house, imagine what would happen if would light a candle after the gas has been leaking for a while.

*EM1-Master*
01-13-2006, 09:33 AM
WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH WOAH!?!? High paint prices!? HAHAHA!!! We need to get some old-timers in here to knock some sense into you! We're down to the point where you can pay 2 cents a ball for decent paint!!! Even less for budget stuff!!! Look back to when people were paying up to 40 cents per ball; the price is now twenty times lower!!! Some manufacturers are even wondering how long they'll be able to maintain these low prices! I'll try to find the article, but kind of a preemptive tl;dr, it's an interview or article with or by an insider in the paint production industry... The term he uses is, "artificially cheap" and says that companies are having trouble sustaining these low prices. He also says that some companies are even loosing money!

tl;dr: Don't complain about paint prices. Shut up, pay up, and play... :love:

Drefish99
01-13-2006, 09:43 AM
Actually the C3 and the usage of propane are safer than the usage of your average HPA bottle. http://www.warpig.com/paintball/technical/paintguns/tippmann/C3/

That is why Propane is so ready available in the consumer market compared to HPA.

bigred76
01-13-2006, 10:04 AM
All it takes to stop production is one little kid hearing about making it into a flamethrower, going out and trying to do it, and blowing himself up in the process.

Drefish99
01-13-2006, 10:09 AM
Well anything you can purchase anything on the consumer market and mod it to become a weapon. I am stating that if you use the C3 as the manual prescribes it is safe to its approved standards. With the laws the way they are I am sure Tippman has taken to consideration its legalities to this marker. Also a lot of places won’t sell paintball/ propane to minors.

colonel_moo
01-13-2006, 10:55 AM
yeah, propane is actually extremely safe. you guys seem to think that these things are going to be a time bomb. its not like they are spraying propane everywhere, its using the combustion to propel the ball. and even if you do have a small leak, propane dissipates so rapidly, that even if you light a match/candle/anything else near it, its not going to ignite.

covert24
01-13-2006, 05:24 PM
yea its like like a propane tank is going to spring a leak and has soon as u turn on ur stove ur house is gone. but hey making that into a flamethrower would be amazing. u gotta admit. well anyway f that. cause then i gottas buy new propane tanks everytime i run out. oh and also Tippman can kiss my :butwiggle:

colonel_moo
01-13-2006, 06:05 PM
yea its like like a propane tank is going to spring a leak and has soon as u turn on ur stove ur house is gone.

no, it wouldnt. the only way your house would blow up from propane is if an entire full sized tank leaked into a single room, in a matter of minutes. a little tank like that wouldnt do anything, especially if it was a slow (normal) leak, and not just like the valve comming off and you lighting a match right next to it as itsleaking.