PDA

View Full Version : spps feedneck help

QuiGonKen
11-14-2006, 10:57 PM
...ok maybe im doing this wrong...i have 2 of them...
now the problem is i bought red thread locker, though not loctite, the brand is Permatex, and put a couple of drops like spps said and left it for 24 hrs...and when i put my hopper on and turn it a little (to make sure the hopper isnt rotating and that the clamp is tight enuff) the feedneck turns with it....

so i thought maybe i didnt put enuff or leave it long enuff so i put a lot....and left it for 32 hrs....same thing......

now from my understanding of "Red" thread locker...this bloody thing shouldnt move even if i was trying to take it off..but im not tryin and its turning with ease...

now is it that im doing it wrong..or is it the thread locker im using? is there a big difference?

i picked up the permatex because i couldnt find loctite in my local canadian tire...i figured out that rona has it..but i dunt wanna go buy it if its me thats messing up....

-help ....im quite the confused...:confused:

-QGK

pbgrandpa
11-15-2006, 04:38 AM
Did you clean the threads before? I used the Permatex brand and it worked fine for me. Try cleaning the the threads on both parts w/alcohol and q-tip and reassemble it.

QuiGonKen
11-15-2006, 07:59 AM
hmm..ill try that...thanks..

Philly_Dog
11-15-2006, 09:55 AM
OK, here is the more important question:

How the heck did you get that feedneck if you are in Canada???

I want one!

Phil

QuiGonKen
11-15-2006, 10:29 AM
ebay it ;)

Alien
11-15-2006, 01:52 PM
cool how much does it cost in total?

Taillo
11-15-2006, 02:06 PM
I cant find it on ebay, and why the hell sundragon dont ship to canada?
Do you have the seller's id so i can check if he still sell those?

Hob Hayward
11-15-2006, 02:51 PM
...ok maybe im doing this wrong...i have 2 of them...
now the problem is i bought red thread locker, though not loctite, the brand is Permatex, and put a couple of drops like spps said and left it for 24 hrs...and when i put my hopper on and turn it a little (to make sure the hopper isnt rotating and that the clamp is tight enuff) the feedneck turns with it....

so i thought maybe i didnt put enuff or leave it long enuff so i put a lot....and left it for 32 hrs....same thing......

now from my understanding of "Red" thread locker...this bloody thing shouldnt move even if i was trying to take it off..but im not tryin and its turning with ease...

now is it that im doing it wrong..or is it the thread locker im using? is there a big difference?

i picked up the permatex because i couldnt find loctite in my local canadian tire...i figured out that rona has it..but i dunt wanna go buy it if its me thats messing up....

-help ....im quite the confused...:confused:

-QGK

My brother had the same thing happen, he got red permatex brnad loctite, and it doesn't seem to harden :(, did you get yours to work after cleaning the threads with alcohol?

DRAGON
11-15-2006, 03:49 PM
People do this with even Loctite brand thread locker, they forget you're supposed to shake the container before applying it so the chemicals have a chance to properly mix. If you don't, this is the results -

Hob Hayward
11-15-2006, 03:56 PM
Eh, mine was shaken, tried three times, didn't work.

DRAGON
11-15-2006, 05:15 PM
Eh, mine was shaken, tried three times, didn't work.

Well you know what they say about people that shake it more than 3 times don't you? - :cool:

QuiGonKen
11-15-2006, 07:10 PM
i shook and cleaned..now i wait...

QuiGonKen
11-16-2006, 10:16 PM
ok it still didnt work...im confused...should i try using loctite?

mtmichaelson
11-17-2006, 05:21 AM
There are 2 types of Permatex Red. One is High Strength, and one is High Heat. The High Heat is no where close to as strong as the other. Make sure you have the right one.