PDA

View Full Version : Nexus is gone......New Guns!!!!!!

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 03:11 PM
Nexus didn't fit my shooting style after playing with it, couldn't keep a consistant rope going. Thats the only reason i got rid of it.

I really wanted to get a DM6 and cash but I found a local trade last night and met up with him today, came home with all this and a pretty high stack of $20's :

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140189.jpg

2006 stormtrooper empire 2 timmy
-hybrid grips
-XSV on/off

2005 Shocker
-nerve board
-aftermarket trigger, forgot what he said it was
-hybrid grips
-q-lock
-cp reg with SP guage
-cp rail
-cp on/off

Cocker threaded barrels
-stock timmy barrel
-Warped sportz 14" lucky 15
-CCM barrel kit
-6 backs
-14" carbon fiber front
-12" aluminum back

shocker threads
-AA back
-14" AA front

shocker pics:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140191.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140197.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140192.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140195.jpg

Empire 2:
http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140201.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140206.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140204.jpg

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y41/muddytaco/PB140205.jpg

I am in love with the empire 2. It is lighter and smaller then the nexus I had and I can flat rip on this thing. It fits me perfectly. I can't waiting to play with it now. I will probably be holding on to this one.

I usually hate shockers but when i went to look at the guns i actaully don't mind this one, i still don't like it but its better then ones i have used in the past. Probably don't expect this one to stay around very long.

whos wants a shocker?:p

durrell
11-14-2006, 03:20 PM
Wow both of those and cash for a single gun..crazy.

colonel_moo
11-14-2006, 03:28 PM
pics of said nexus?

marvin-martian
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
that empires hot, but im sorry you didnt like the nexus.

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 03:29 PM
Wow both of those and cash for a single gun..crazy.

The guy wanted it really bad and basicly added a crap load of stuff without even thinking about it, all i know is i came out way ahead.

maybe timmyshoota can help me on this one, why did he not have the front two bolt orings on?

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 03:31 PM
pics of said nexus?

http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7367

Hob Hayward
11-14-2006, 03:50 PM
LoL. That was fast enough...

I like the timmy.

Hossy
11-14-2006, 03:53 PM
soo your getting rid of the shocker eh?
you may just want to PM me.:)

you ripped the heck out of that guy, and i must say, you have the best picture takeing ability for guns on here.

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 04:04 PM
you have the best picture takeing ability for guns on here.

thanks

and you have pm

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 04:22 PM
maybe timmyshoota can help me on this one, why did he not have the front two bolt orings on?

First of all, I think I love you now.

Here's the skinny - Those o-rings wear the HELL out of the detents. If you put the o-rings on and move the bolt and back forth you feel the resistance. Take em off, and the slots in the bolt are functional and there isn't a blowback issue anyways. I just took mine off after wearing out my hard detents. I just bought 5 sets of detents, so its all good.

The trigger on the Shocker is a Dynasty Trigger. Nice shape, but it doesn't have a bearing. :(

We both have Empire2s and Stock body Shockers...and are both getting rid of the Shockers. :) Get a new trigger for the Empire2, I like the 05 CPs because they fit and have both a scythe style and rake style, whichever you prefer. Both fit excellent with no side to side slop.

I am jealous because you have the curve at the bottom of the frame. Its SOOO comfy, but people didn't like it so they got rid of it. Make sure you have a brass poppet. If you have the delrin poppet, call BLAST and get a replacement. The delrin ones had problems.

Any questions you have, just hit me up.

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 04:38 PM
First of all, I think I love you now.

Here's the skinny - Those o-rings wear the HELL out of the detents. If you put the o-rings on and move the bolt and back forth you feel the resistance. Take em off, and the slots in the bolt are functional and there isn't a blowback issue anyways. I just took mine off after wearing out my hard detents. I just bought 5 sets of detents, so its all good.

The trigger on the Shocker is a Dynasty Trigger. Nice shape, but it doesn't have a bearing. :(

We both have Empire2s and Stock body Shockers...and are both getting rid of the Shockers. :) Get a new trigger for the Empire2, I like the 05 CPs because they fit and have both a scythe style and rake style, whichever you prefer. Both fit excellent with no side to side slop.

I am jealous because you have the curve at the bottom of the frame. Its SOOO comfy, but people didn't like it so they got rid of it. Make sure you have a brass poppet. If you have the delrin poppet, call BLAST and get a replacement. The delrin ones had problems.

Any questions you have, just hit me up.

Thanks for the info. I didn't notice it shooting weird or anything just wondering why they weren't on there. He said he got the brass poppet but i will check later on just to make sure. I am happy with the stock trigger for now and will probably only switch it out later on for a techna, if i can even find one.

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 04:56 PM
Thanks for the info. I didn't notice it shooting weird or anything just wondering why they weren't on there. He said he got the brass poppet but i will check later on just to make sure. I am happy with the stock trigger for now and will probably only switch it out later on for a techna, if i can even find one.
Good luck on the Techna. I was gonna order one, but its almost a year wait and they hardly pop up on PBN. The CPs are really nice alternatives. If I still have a Gen4 when Jason catches up on Techna orders, I'm gonna order one, but for now the CP will do just great.

DyNasty9
11-14-2006, 04:58 PM
wow you got a sick deal. good job.

thats one clean looking shocker, and that empire timmy is the secks. pure secks. the stormstrooper look is sick, im jealous.

o and whats the weight difference between those two? im just curious, cuz ive never held the empire timmy and i have my shocker to relate it to.

ShadowX
11-14-2006, 05:03 PM
Very nice Markers! I am really liking the White Timmy, super cool.

Oh, and You have a PM about that Shocker.

stylinbeaver
11-14-2006, 05:07 PM
I'm liking the guns. I'm really liking the shocker.

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 05:19 PM
Good luck on the Techna. I was gonna order one, but its almost a year wait and they hardly pop up on PBN. The CPs are really nice alternatives. If I still have a Gen4 when Jason catches up on Techna orders, I'm gonna order one, but for now the CP will do just great.

Jasons local is my local field, 5 mins from my house:D

o and whats the weight difference between those two? im just curious, cuz ive never held the empire timmy and i have my shocker to relate it to.

The timmy is little lighter not by much but you can tell a difference if you pick one up right after the other, going off of the gun without barrel, hopper or tank.

vwjimmy
11-14-2006, 05:28 PM
Sweet deal! I really liked the Nexus but who could refuse a deal like that!
Congrats!

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 05:29 PM
wow you got a sick deal. good job.

thats one clean looking shocker, and that empire timmy is the secks. pure secks. the stormstrooper look is sick, im jealous.

Timmy is definately lighter. I was holding both just a few minutes ago. My Timmy is MUCH lighter than my Shocker, but thats because of the Stiffi. Stock Gen4 Timmy weight out of the box(reg, barrel, no asa) is 2lb, 1oz. With my Stiffi and an ASA, I'm thinking I'm around 1lb 8-10oz.

bamf-hacker
11-14-2006, 05:55 PM
I will probably be holding on to this one.

Sure you will :)

Nice guns as always what is this number 12 and 13 this year :)

FredPo
11-14-2006, 06:17 PM
That empire 2 is really nice. I don't blame ya for the trade.

Fred

claustrophobia9
11-14-2006, 06:24 PM
hows it feel ripping people off? ;)

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 06:26 PM
Gen4 resale = 600

Stock body SFT resale = 450

06 Nexus resale = $1100

Not really ripping him off. Unless he added over $150.

claustrophobia9
11-14-2006, 06:35 PM
hence the wink :dodgy: all of you guys are so uptight about things

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 06:39 PM
The wink insinuated he really ripped the guy off. Learn to use smilies better, noob. :dodgy:

marvin-martian
11-14-2006, 06:39 PM
The wink insinuated he really ripped the guy off. Learn to use smilies better, noob. :dodgy:
agreed

MVS1
11-14-2006, 07:19 PM
Nice markers... (no smiley, can't handle wrath of using the wrong one)

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 07:41 PM
Gen4 resale = 600

Stock body SFT resale = 450

06 Nexus resale = $1100

Not really ripping him off. Unless he added over $150.

you forgot ccm barrel kit, lucky 15 barrel and it was over 150***cough***double***cough***

timmyshoota
11-14-2006, 08:00 PM
Nice markers... (no smiley, can't handle wrath of using the wrong one)

You learn quickly young padawan. :dodgy:

Muddy, you straight raped him. The barrels really don't do much for value, but the cash is where you really raped him.

MVS1
11-14-2006, 08:03 PM
you forgot ccm barrel kit, lucky 15 barrel and it was over 150***cough***double***cough***

Well you traded the guy a really nice marker that I am sure he is extremely happy with so that can't be considered "ripping him off", however you made out like a bandit.

For all you that have PM'd about the shocker...are you insane...he showed you what he got from the previous trade and you guys are all excited to be next.

Props Muddytaco, you are one incredible salesman. :bow: :D

Muddytaco
11-14-2006, 08:18 PM
I just got lucky, it was exactly what he wanted. I probably would of passed up that trade if he had not added that much, I knew I didn't like shockers was only to resale it. It all worked out for me though:D

thechubbss12
11-15-2006, 04:42 AM
Slick man.... I though i was the only one who could get that good of a deal.... My money is on, that the guy who traded Taco had no online forum surfing experiance... Thus he thought the resale of the Nexus was higher then it actuly was...

TheRedBarron
11-15-2006, 06:31 AM
Small, light, fast, accurate etc. you cant go wrong with this Timmy, and you ccant go wrong with a trade that leaves you with 2 great guns and some cash....

Nice guns, I love my 06 Timmy, I am pretty sure you will too.

08Lud08
11-15-2006, 07:37 AM
That was the perfect trade. I love those guns alot and he ripped himself off. lol. How about you donate that shocker to me if you dont want it.

Muddytaco
11-15-2006, 12:05 PM
That was the perfect trade. I love those guns alot and he ripped himself off. lol. How about you donate that shocker to me if you dont want it.

I would be happy to if you could donate $450 to the Ineedanewcomputerforvideoediting fund:D

Muddytaco
11-15-2006, 12:19 PM
shocker is now in b/s/t

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 02:29 PM
wink means j/k or like im just messing around/ the opposite. who winks after something they actually mean(to a dude)... thats just retarded.

or take the alternative and keep thinking i really meant it.... then reread below and see he really did rip him off.

either way i win... who's the noob now? :dodgy:

timmyshoota
11-15-2006, 04:33 PM
either way i win... who's the noob now? :dodgy:
Tim, he always has been.

claustrophobia9
11-15-2006, 06:32 PM
Tim, he always has been.
good answer. :D

bamf-hacker
11-15-2006, 06:45 PM
No more bickering about smileys please

:) :( :confused: :mad: :p ;) :D :o :rolleyes: :cool:

timmyshoota
11-15-2006, 07:13 PM
:dodgy: ?

bigred76
11-15-2006, 09:48 PM
Tim, he always has been.
That's a low blow. :dodgy: At least I have improved somewhat, unlike others... (AKA Andy and Doug...) :D

EDIT: Don't make useless posts, nube! :ubberdodgy:

yamaha cow
11-15-2006, 10:24 PM
they are perty!!!!!!:D :D

claustrophobia9
11-16-2006, 03:25 AM
:D <-sarcasm
:) <-sarcasm
:( <-sarcasm
:confused: <-sarcasm
:mad: <-sarcasm

TheRedBarron
11-16-2006, 06:32 AM
:D <-sarcasm
:) <-sarcasm
:( <-sarcasm
:confused: <-sarcasm
:mad: <-sarcasm
dont forget...

:smirk:
;)
:rolleyes:
:cool:
:dodgy:
Okay so just about all of them can be used for sarcasm.

PBBUM892
11-16-2006, 06:47 AM
put a price on that shocker and pm me

Muddytaco
11-16-2006, 10:39 AM
put a price on that shocker and pm me

you got pm