PDA

View Full Version : Which Bolt?

Darkh2o
11-13-2006, 04:52 AM
I'm thinking of getting a new bolt for my Pilot ACS, but was wondering which one to get or just keep the stock ACS bolt. My setup is all stock and I'm using both compressed air and CO2. I do not plan on converting to LP.

If I decide to go with the Bandit Bolt, which bolt do I need to use, "with o-rings" or "without o-rings"? What would be the difference?

List advantages/disadvantages if possible.

Please post (& vote) only if you use or have used the aftermarket bolts or have another suggestion.

Thanks in advance!:)

08Lud08
11-13-2006, 01:12 PM
If your not going LP then there is really no point in a new bolt that much.

Darkh2o
11-13-2006, 01:55 PM
After talking with MSV1, I'm thinking of switching to a rear cocking bolt. That is the main reason for going to a new bolt.

Hob Hayward
11-13-2006, 02:57 PM
I'm an ACS fan, I'd say stock with that. There is one way to keep the cocking pin from ejecting, thats to mill out the cocking slot to the back of the body, that way it doesn't impact the body every time you fire, and its also easier to take out because you can leave the pin in.

Darkh2o
11-14-2006, 03:44 AM
...There is one way to keep the cocking pin from ejecting, thats to mill out the cocking slot to the back of the body, that way it doesn't impact the body every time you fire, and its also easier to take out because you can leave the pin in.

I have one of sidekick's "new and improved" cocking pins and it works great! I just don't want to take a chance and lose it or break it. I think it would be easier to not have to mess with the cocking pin all the time.

MVS1
11-14-2006, 06:03 PM
If your not going to lp I'd stick with the stock ACS bolt. As far as o-rings on the bolt, they reduce the amount of blow-by and maximizes efficiency (amount of air pushing the pb out the barrel).