PDA

View Full Version : Weird LP imagine problem...

Hob Hayward
11-12-2006, 05:33 PM
Tell me this problem isn't weird and that its not entirely illogical...

I have LP 05 imagine with the following innies:
Palmer stabilizer
Maddman Rocket valve
Trinity Front block
IPS Sunbear Bolt
Dark Horizon titanium striker
and a 32* spring kit

It was working fine two weeks ago, I lit up a toy car with half a hopper, perfect accuracy and velocity.

I go to play with it on friday when my new cocker isn't working correctly, and for some reason velocity has jumped way up and its REALLY loud and sounds unhealthy(as far as a spyder sounds, almost liek a double fire, but its too fast to be that..). I lower the input pressure to the point just above where it won't recock and its still loud and shooting much faster than usual. Its running a silver main spring, I guess I'm gonna try to get a light main spring again ( I lent mine to a friend *slaps self*).

Now the only thing I did to the marker during that time was the magnetic trigger mod. I don't see how that could effect the performance of the gun, but what do I know.

Can anyone think of anything that would do this? I'm probably going to reverse the magnet mod because it didn't really work out too well anyways.

bracer028
11-12-2006, 07:09 PM
u change ur o rings?

DRAGON
11-12-2006, 07:19 PM
Using C02? -

Eaglelox
11-13-2006, 04:43 AM
change in temp?

Hob Hayward
11-13-2006, 12:16 PM
Using co2, I've stripped the gun down twice to check for somthing that could be doing it, but everythings fine.

The temp has stayed about the same betwen both times.

MVS1
11-13-2006, 12:20 PM
I had a similiar problem with my pilot right after I got it, tore it apart and put it back together again and it worked fine. From what I could tell the main spring didn't seat all the way into the striker, I think the bolt pin was obstructing it just enough. It shot uber hot, like 340ish. Probabaly has nothing to do with your prob, but maybe...ya never know.

Hob Hayward
11-13-2006, 12:34 PM
Definitely worth checking. I'm wondering if I accidentally put the stock main spring in, which some people say is even stronger tha nthe gold from a spring kit...

I'm gonna get my light main spring back and see if that helps. Hopefully its just a spring thing, because this just doesn't make sense.

Hob Hayward
12-03-2006, 01:35 PM
In case any of you were wondering I managed to fix the problem, and what a bizarre problem is was...

I realized that it was firing twice to each pull, every single time. Then, when it worked best at uber low pressures and occasionally fired once I realized that the sear was being activated for too long! I was using my brothers mongoose board at that time, so when I switched back to my board it worked fine. I find it somewhat amusing that my gun out cycles the sear activation time... Must be that 35ish gram weight of bolt and striker :P.

Tell me thats not entirely insane.

DRAGON
12-03-2006, 01:54 PM
It was prolly the difference in the output of the capacitor and also, don't the Goose's require just a 9v battery? Just sounds like the noid was underpowered so it wouldn't trip the sear completely for some reason -

Hob Hayward
12-03-2006, 01:58 PM
Neh, I thought the same thing at first. I tried a bunch of different batteries before I switched boards. I had a half charged kingman battery, a fully charged kingman battery and a brand new energizer 9v.

DRAGON
12-03-2006, 02:01 PM
Did you compare the output capacity of the capacitors? I'm sure you know but that's the large round cylinder at the top of the board -

Hob Hayward
12-03-2006, 02:06 PM
Both are 6800uf 16volts. Must be slightly different board circuitry.