PDA

View Full Version : LP woe's

Nenkitsune
11-11-2006, 02:39 PM
well, i went to the feild today and was chrono'ing my gun, and i had to run my torp reg all the way up to 600psi to get it to shoot 280fps. i have a very strong feeling that it's my VA causing the problem, since my gun has pretty good parts in it (recently put in a NDZ HP valve) i've got an aka lighting bolt, stock striker, ndz valve/pin, torp reg, light valve and medium main (my gun can't use the heavy, i think i need a new batt) but it just annoys me that i can't get the pressure down. i'm going to start drilling that va the most i can and see what happens. any other ideas?

MVS1
11-11-2006, 03:29 PM
Open the v/a up as far as you can, also, what are you using for an LPC? Sounds like your not getting enough volume.

Nenkitsune
11-11-2006, 05:11 PM
i'm just using the stock lpc. it recocks fine down to like 250-300psi

Hob Hayward
11-11-2006, 05:39 PM
Probably the VA like you thought. The main thing is not how much air is getting from the Reg to the va. Its how big the hole coming from the va to the valve chamber is. I drilled out the entire bottom plate of my stock VA, but it didn't help at all. I needed to drill the hole from there to the valve chmaber, but theres the whole risk of running into the screw hole which was what kept me from doing it bigger.

Nenkitsune
11-11-2006, 06:20 PM
yeah, i'm gonna drill the va out for all it's worth and teflon tape the screw

08Lud08
11-11-2006, 08:38 PM
I did that but when you drill the part to the valve big remember to leave some metal left so the valve spring can hold.

Nenkitsune
11-11-2006, 09:20 PM
oh yeah XP. thanks for reminding me. besides my gun not working how i'd like, it did great. i didn't get one chop the entire day (600 rounds) even when i dove over a bunker to get to the one in front of it, diging the gun into teh sand, then ripping a ton of paint at the other team. all the sand blew out without any problems. it was a lot of fun, but hell on my left knee since the knee of my jeans is torn there, which made it get pretty torn up from sliding around the speedball field

shunut
11-12-2006, 07:10 AM
I had the same problem with my LP project back in the day. I too drilled my VA out. I drilled it out probably more than anybody should and still had problems. I got a 32 degrees/BL VA, problem solved. I say save yourself the time and trouble and just buy and aftermarket VA.

Jobberwocky
11-12-2006, 09:47 AM
ya know what really helped me along with swiss-cheesin my va, was milling my striker down. I have a tornado valve and those are notorious for having recocking issues, especially when trying to get to real lp. I cupped my striker face and cut off some excess metal, so it pretty much looks like the SPPS Dragonfly striker. SPPS and Dark Horizons say that with the cupped/lightened striker you could easily gain an extra 30-40fps! If you don't have a lathe to mill down your own, then see if you can buy one from SPPS or Dark Horizons...or even used off forums or ebay.

Nenkitsune
11-12-2006, 10:33 AM
well i hav ea dh striker, but i couldn't use it since the pressure was too high (so it had issues since it didn't have enough mass) anyways, internally how is the assaultblock diffrent. i know it has two holes in it, and the 15* angle, but i was wondering because i was thinking of maybe trying to drill the asa side at the most angle i can going to the valve

Hob Hayward
11-12-2006, 11:15 AM
The screw that holds the assualt block on is shorter so the hole can be larger than the stock VA.

LowTrunkOzz
11-12-2006, 11:30 AM
you lookin to get rid of that striker then, nen? let me know....

nate

Nenkitsune
11-12-2006, 07:57 PM
lol i'm gonna keep the striker. i'm usin the stock one till i get a new va

MVS1
11-12-2006, 08:22 PM
I did that but when you drill the part to the valve big remember to leave some metal left so the valve spring can hold.

also be real careful how you drill it. be sure to drill from the valve side and don't drill any further than you have too once your through to the LPC side or you might damage the area that the oring seats in...
http://aycu18.webshots.com/image/6657/2004489456199374807_rs.jpg http://aycu01.webshots.com/image/6800/2004414177441318314_rs.jpg

Nenkitsune
11-12-2006, 08:54 PM
yeah, i already drilled the lpc side and hit the threads a little XP, it still seats fine. next time i drill it, i'm gonig to drill the asa side at the most angle i can towardrs the valve chamber
i went from the valve, side, but i didn't expect it to give so much once it went through XP. aluminium is way to easy to drill through

MVS1
11-12-2006, 09:02 PM
you can thread tape the LPC to make sure your air tight. won't hurt a thing.

Nenkitsune
11-12-2006, 09:24 PM
i could. i don't have to caus ei got very very lucky haha. somehow even though i managed to drill partially into the threads, i didn't damage a thing. anyways, next time i drill, i'm going from the asa to the valve chamber at the sharpest angle possible. i'm hoping that that will give me more flow. any idea on what the internals of an assaultblock are like? because if the main diffrence is just those 2 15* ports, i'm gonna see what i can do to mine XP

Jobberwocky
11-13-2006, 11:27 PM
For my stock va I chopped off the aft portion that holds the second oring, theoretically that increases the volume of the chamber with the valve in it allowing pressure decrease. The va hasn't leaked once with just one oring, just make sure you don't cut it so short the valve spring can't seat...

Nenkitsune
11-15-2006, 08:19 AM
yeah, my reg is temporarily out of commision till i get teh screw out of it (got stuck, i jbwelded an allen wrench into it so it can't move, then i'll get a new screw) anyways, when i hooked my co2 tank directly into the va (it was the spyder va, ran out before i could test the rebel's) i got 40cps out of it (goldwave) i put the xchamber on it and i'm going to test it when i get some more co2. at 400psi, it gets about 30cps with either va (the db levels with the rebel va however, was higher, testing conditions for both were the same) i'm going to see how fast i can get my gun to cycle. btw, before i did any va mods (just your basic drilling) at 600psi it would only hit around 25cps. i'm going to see what diffrence it makes to use my dh striker in it instead of the stock striker. maybe fiddle around with the spring combos, and test the rocket valve in it. i'm gonna see if i can hit 50cps with the sear tripped, then run the same test with my qloader set at 16prewinds (the max) i had to make a new striker buffer (since the bolt would go so far back without it, that it would actually have enough gap to let several balls go into the breech) the buffer only allows the bolt to move just far enough back to catch the sear, with maybe a few mm of play in between. i tested it to see if it would have any problems with double firing, and none what so ever.

Nenkitsune
11-16-2006, 03:47 PM
well....i think i might have a problem. has anyone had a NDZ HP valve stick open? XP
i think mine has premature wear from my liek 2-3 second 40cps rounds on it, and it actually jammed open. i had to take the valve out, and sand it to get the pin to move 100% freely. and i had to sand the pin a bit to get it to work. i have a feeling that i should add oil to it, but it appears my oil is GONE. i had an entire bottle....oh well, i have something else that'll work

MVS1
11-16-2006, 06:51 PM
just a crazy question...from your signature I see you plan on upgrading to a t-board. Without a board that will enable you to go that high ROF, how do you know you are hitting 40 CPS (which I am guessing you mean cycles-per second), which follows with, why would you try and fire at that high of a rate? Not trying to rain on your parade but what hopper do you plan on running at that speed? Can a q-loader really feed that fast. I'm all for experimenting but 40 cps. If you get it to work let me know so I can buy it for my backman. :D

Nenkitsune
11-16-2006, 07:24 PM
lol, i'm using goldwave. i trip the sear, and run goldwave while recording the sound. my gun is able to fully cycle too (you should've heard it before i made a buffer for it) there is only one hopper that can keep up with a gun that fast. a qloader has been proven to be able to fire at 34 bps.now, 40cps doesn't mean 40bps. i'm actually having problems trying to sort out all the issues with running a gun at that speed. right now, it's teh fact that at 800psi (unregulated co2 through xchamber, which is how i can get 40cps right now) teh tank is gone extremly fast. i actually found smething out about my gun. without an xchamber, there was no snow. with it, i was gettng massive amounts through teh feedneck. i'm giong to do a lot of work. for now, no more LP, i'm gonna see just how fast i can get it with what parts i have right now. i might even risk running my rocketvalve at that unregulated pressure. but right now, the problem i'm having, is my valve/valvepin had so much friction, that it actually damaged it and locked. i had to sand them smooth again. i need to find my gun oil. i'm sure that it didn't get lubed enough. i'm going to try polishing the pin, lubing the gun, and retesting. anyone know anythign else i could do to get high cps? i put in a medium valvespring instead of the light, but i'm out of air again. i'm sure that the light one had such a high dwell that it was slowing it down a bit. oh, there is another catch. i'm consistantly hitting 39-40cps on CO2. throughout my sound files (3 seconds or so) it's fluctuating +-2cps