PDA

View Full Version : Mag Owners... Question...

silentpaintballfreak
11-10-2006, 05:31 PM
Ive came across a deal... A classic mag. All stock. Slant feed. And Warp Feed. for $125. Is this a good deal? Other question is can i run a mag off of a LP tank? An output of 450 or 650 cant remember. And how hard are they to tech? More questions but i dont need to know them until i know this. Thanks.

bamf-hacker
11-10-2006, 05:33 PM
I am new mag owner, but I can give you some info.

VERY EASY TO TECH!!! You need an HP tank they run at 800psi and $125 is a good deal

:)

silentpaintballfreak
11-10-2006, 05:41 PM
is there anyway to run a lp tank on a mag? And seeing as i could just spend 60 bucks on the reg for the tank to run hp. hmm. then it would be 185. Still worth it?

Moe
11-10-2006, 06:24 PM
Nope, I don't beleive that LP will work with mags. Their valves are intented to have an input of atleast 800. You will starve your valve if you give it less than that.

silentpaintballfreak
11-10-2006, 06:36 PM
aight. ive been checkin AO and found a imag (ion board in a mag.) how are they doing this? they ion board only allows 250psi AT MOST into the gun. Wouldnt they starve the marker?
http://www.automags.org/forums/showthread.php?t=189803&highlight=Low+Pressure+Mag

bigred76
11-10-2006, 09:51 PM
I wouldn't sugest thinking further about that. It COULD work, but it's not worth the effort IMO.

I'd say just get the "HP spring pack" for the regulator you're getting. Contact the manufacture of the reg via email and ask them about it. ;)

As far as Mag maintenance goes, I'd sugest taking apart the valve and completely lubing it every... eh... 160,000 shots or so. Just run oil thru the bottomline (eh, about 1-3 drops) every other day of play, and you should be good. That is, unless you manage to get dirt down inside the marker's body (highly improbable and difficult to do).

Seems like a good deal on the marker, how many stars on the valve? It sounds like there are none, but check anyways!

Gee Tee
11-11-2006, 09:39 AM
I think classic valves were originally designed to run at a lower input pressure - around 650psi. They used to cope pretty well when we ran them remote on Co2 (20oz) back in the nineties, but they needed some flow work on the valve/reg unit to prevent shoot down. The bottle pressure couldn't have been much more than 600psi in cold weather, and it was a real struggle to keep velocity up on a chilled bottle. Obviously running HPA systems avoid this problem in winter now.

The later Mag valves (Level 10 & X-Valve) are designed to run at higher pressure 800-850psi, but won't run on Co2 just HPA.