PDA

View Full Version : MR2 valve spring

Crazybert
11-10-2006, 11:14 AM
Is it me or is the valve spring on the MR2 different from every other spyder? I went to change mine and none of the springs in my 32* spring kit would work. Whats with the springs?

darth massacre
11-15-2006, 10:22 PM
Hi crazybert,

I've been taking apart my MR2 regularly for a class project recently and got to know my MR2 a little better.

The 32degrees spring kit comes with 9 springs - heavy, medium and light in 3 lengths.

The mid-length, conical shaped springs are the valve springs. The wider end goes onto part 254 (resevoir adapter plug) and the narrower end goes onto the valve pin/cup seal side. I'm sure you'll figure it out after flipping it around a few times.

I tested it a couple weeks ago and it worked great.

Crazybert
11-16-2006, 03:08 PM
yes but arent those springs a bit short? the ones for my valve are longer and the same diameter all the way through

darth massacre
11-16-2006, 05:06 PM
32 degrees spring kit. I am assuming its all the same. Original valve spring is the vertical one.
http://www.massivebias.com/sketchbook/spring_kit_lengths.jpg

Original valve spring on valve assembly
http://www.massivebias.com/sketchbook/original_spring.jpg

Replaced valve spring with the 32 degrees valve spring. Note that the length remains the same.
http://www.massivebias.com/sketchbook/spring_replaced.jpg

Hope it helps.

DRAGON
11-16-2006, 05:46 PM
Though that looks like it will work, it looks like it might cause inconsistent velocities due to the spring hitting the edge of the front round area of the adapter plug. Just an observation -

darth massacre
11-16-2006, 06:18 PM
Yeah the picture doesn't do justice to how tightly it fits around on the adaptor plug. Pretty much gotta squeeze it in. So far I've been getting very consistent FPS when I chronoed during setup. I'll be going this coming monday night and I'll check back again if I see any velocity spikes or drops.

Crazybert
11-16-2006, 07:49 PM
ok well let us know if it affects your velocity at all (i cant get mine over 242). but yeah it helps

darth massacre
11-20-2006, 02:36 PM
Hey bert, no dice on paintball today. So couldn't get you a readout. There's a research paper due tomorrow and most people (not me I've done mine) are working all night for it. I'll update you again when I do get a chance to go. @!$@%#@$%#$

Crazybert
11-20-2006, 09:33 PM
ill be waiting....

darth massacre
11-27-2006, 11:09 PM
Hey bert, just got back from today's session. Didn't play much coz the ACS bolt pretty much works like an anti-anti chop :D For the first time I was chopping balls every 3rd shot on semi auto.

But I did get a few good chrono reads while I was testing it. With a clean gun I was getting consistent 240-250fps. I had a cut mainspring and I adjusted the velocity screw 5 full turns in and I got constant 280fps +/-10fps. The 32 degrees valve spring were installed the way I posted before and it works fine. It worked fine 3 weeks back and it was also doing great today - until I started chopping balls.

Hope its helpful to you. Try out the different strength valve springs and main springs and see what combos give you the best FPS.

And in case you were wondering, I'm using CO2 with a remote kit. I don't know if that would make any difference, but just so you know I had success with it.