PDA

View Full Version : Wat r barrel kits?

WANTaRODEO!
11-10-2006, 07:55 AM
Ive been thinking of getting a new barrel for my spyder Rodeo. Mabe a 14'' or 16.'' Should i get a new barrel or a barrel kit. I really just want to add on a feww inches and not get a new barrel. What do i do?

bamf-hacker
11-10-2006, 08:07 AM
A barrel kit consists of a front (tip) and a back with or without inserts.

A barrel kit will allow you to better match your paint to the bore of the barrel. For example the Freak barrel kit has a front (tip), back and 8 inserts that slide into the back. With the inserts you can match the paint you are using the barrel. There are also kits that use different backs instead of the inserts, an example of those would be something like the CP barrel kits.

The biggest advantage to the insert type kit is if you get a new gun or have more than one type of gun you can get a back for each one and reuse the inserts and the fronts.

You really can not just "add" a few inches to the stock barrel. You best bet would be to get a kit, but that will cost you more. If you don't want to spend a lot look at a CP 1 piece barrel or a J&J Ceramic barrel. They make both in Spyder threads and they come in 14 and 16 inch lengths.

so all that clear as mud?

as questions if you have them.