PDA

View Full Version : HELP: MR2 Problem

QuiGonKen
11-09-2006, 09:57 PM
ok, so i bought my mr2 used a couple of weeks ago..and i was able to play with it for the first time today...it was working fine for a bit...then there was a problem...it would fire, but then it wouldnt recock...so i brought it to the fields proshop and got them to fix it...they went through it and i think the kid who owned it before took it apart and put it together wrong.. but the striker buffer was in the wrong place...so i said alright thats cool.. fixed it...and went on the field to play...it was working fine for like 3-4ish games and when i went back on the field for the 5th game it would fire but not recock....i thought i ran outta air, so i refilled me tank. but when i screwed it back in, and cocked it...it still fired one shot then wouldnt recock.....after that it wouldnt work anymore...the proshop techs said that the paint that was inside was causing too much friction and needed to be cleaned..so i dissassembled it and cleaned it, but it still didnt work....

i and me friends could not figure out what was wrong with it..

the gun is stock, and the only thing done to it was have the striker spring cut (which was probably done by a field when the previous owner brought it in, he was new so he probably let them do it...i did the same thing with my mr1...) but i know it isnt the striker spring b/c i took out my mr1's red spring from a spring kit and it still did the same thing...also the inline reg is clean and so is the steel braided hose....i was told by a spyder owner that seemed very knowledgable in spyders...that i could be the valve spring, that it was too strong/heavy.. is this the problem or is it something else?

im gonna bring it to a tech but i need to know whats wrong so i can tell them and not have to bring it back several times to get it fixed...

thanks!
-QGK

bamf-hacker
11-10-2006, 02:38 AM
Sounds like a lube issue. After you took the gun apart to clean it, did you re-lube everything?

new_Faction64
11-10-2006, 03:21 AM
Agreed, make sure you lubed the striker, and put a few drops in the ASA too.

QuiGonKen
11-10-2006, 07:24 AM
hmm..ill try it...if that doesnt work...anything else it could be?

Jarhead
11-10-2006, 07:53 AM
hmm..ill try it...if that doesnt work...anything else it could be?

Try it with just the air and no paint. That will eliminate feeding. If it still does it remove the bolt and take a rag and remove all excess oil from it. Kingman told me too much oil on the bolt will cause this problem. The reccomend oiling through the ASA port. Add a couple of drops of oil there and then dry fire it several times.

Have you checked and made sure the technician put the striker buffer back correctly? I know it sounds dumb but I had that happen to me.

Crazybert
11-10-2006, 10:12 AM
isnt there only one place to put the buffer? on the spring? how could you put in in wrong?

Jarhead
11-10-2006, 10:42 AM
isnt there only one place to put the buffer? on the spring? how could you put in in wrong?

You put it in first instead of last.

QuiGonKen
12-07-2006, 10:08 PM
^^^^^
the problem was solved with the lubing...

BUT.....

ok...have a problem with my MR2 again...

i went to play a couple of games....i was on the field and it was shooting fine..now right after the ref starts the game the same problem occurs...AGAIN..it shoots and then doesnt recock.....i cock it and try again...same thing.....very pissed i walk off and try puting lub into the asa and shooting...AGAIN..it doesnt recock....

???????? i am seriously starting to get really pissed off at it...i want to keep it but if its giving me so much problems i donno if its worth it :mad:

i was told that it might be the orings...that i need to replace them and they should be fine...is this tru? if not what else could be the problem????

-AnY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated

-QGK

Alien
12-08-2006, 04:20 AM
send it t kingman maybe they could do a check up on it...

Jarhead
12-08-2006, 05:26 AM
^^^^^
the problem was solved with the lubing...

BUT.....

ok...have a problem with my MR2 again...

i went to play a couple of games....i was on the field and it was shooting fine..now right after the ref starts the game the same problem occurs...AGAIN..it shoots and then doesnt recock.....i cock it and try again...same thing.....very pissed i walk off and try puting lub into the asa and shooting...AGAIN..it doesnt recock....

???????? i am seriously starting to get really pissed off at it...i want to keep it but if its giving me so much problems i donno if its worth it :mad:

i was told that it might be the orings...that i need to replace them and they should be fine...is this tru? if not what else could be the problem????

-AnY and ALL help would be greatly appreciated

-QGK

If you fire on full automatic you may have freeze burned the o-rings, check them to see if they are brittle or loose. My friend did that and replacing them frequently solved that problem