PDA

View Full Version : Democrats, Rumsfeld, what next?!

xtraking
11-08-2006, 01:57 PM
Today has been an interesting day. The Dem's pwn the Republicans, i find out today in history that Rumseld resigned, i got a 76 on physics test today, what else is goin to happen!? :confused: :confused:

Dave

Jimmyd24
11-08-2006, 02:07 PM
rockon democrats

durrell
11-08-2006, 02:17 PM
Democrats are no surprise really, and neither is Rumsfeld. The Democrats won't get anything done. They still have to push their bills through Congress, and if they can get them through, then GW can veto them, and they'll have to have a 2/3 decision which they don't have enough power for. And this is saying if somehow they manage to have 100 percent Democrat voting on a bill, which hardly ever happens. :up:

Now when Bush leaves, that's another story.

Drefish99
11-08-2006, 02:24 PM
Cool now lets see some change for the better. :D Now they can stop blaming everything on the current administration.

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 02:38 PM
minimum wage got raised here in ohio... you know what that means? im fired.

the irony burns

big_daddy_d
11-08-2006, 02:42 PM
Today has been an interesting day. The Dem's pwn the Republicans, i find out today in history that Rumseld resigned, i got a 76 on physics test today, what else is goin to happen!? :confused: :confused:

Dave
Zapped by alien death ray...

spydr
11-08-2006, 02:47 PM
Democrats are no surprise really, and neither is Rumsfeld. The Democrats won't get anything done. They still have to push their bills through Congress, and if they can get them through, then GW can veto them, and they'll have to have a 2/3 decision which they don't have enough power for. And this is saying if somehow they manage to have 100 percent Democrat voting on a bill, which hardly ever happens. :up:

Now when Bush leaves, that's another story.
Assuming only democrats will vote for a democrats bill.

pbfreak3221
11-08-2006, 02:48 PM
Sorry to hear about your test score, but the rest of the day sure was great!

Hob Hayward
11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
Eh we stand a good chance of taking the Senate aswell. :)

Best part about that would be that we can prevent bush from getting nutcase right wing Justices.

Drefish99
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Eh we stand a good chance of taking the Senate aswell. :)

Best part about that would be that we can prevent bush from getting nutcase right wing Justices.

You mean the ones that have saved millions of babies? Yup those nutjobs... I hope they do away with them. :rolleyes:

durrell
11-08-2006, 02:51 PM
Assuming only democrats will vote for a democrats bill.

Most of the issues Dems push are so far Left that no Republican in his or her right mind would support them..

But I'm not here to bash the Dems, if they can do a better job and get things done and work with Republicans then more power to them. :up:

edit: lol@dre. It's not like they can fire the justices we have now anyway, so we're still good in that department.

calebh
11-08-2006, 03:00 PM
Most of the issues Dems push are so far Left that no Republican in his or her right mind would support them..

not so much D. a lot of the dems that got voted in this year are pretty conservative. i think ppl wanted a change of leadership without so much of a change in stated morals. granted, the republicans werent always the best examples of good morals... "do as i say, so i can fondle pages and get free golf trips," right? not that the dems will be any better now that they have control of the house. the leadership is pretty far left, so they may try to put up some lefty bills for vote, but i dont think many will pass.

even more important than being able to propose and vote on liberal bills, the dems have control of the house, and therefore, control of the budget.

durrell
11-08-2006, 03:13 PM
I agree with you Caleb, we needed a change of leadership without the huge swing of moral/ethic changes. But the question is..will the Dems abuse it or not?

Jimmyd24
11-08-2006, 03:18 PM
its good bush has only every used one veto, the lowest of any president, does that have to do with the fact that he dosent do ****, maybe

durrell
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
its good bush has only every used one veto, the lowest of any president, does that have to do with the fact that he dosent do ****, maybe

Dude. Honestly. I have held back thus far from saying something to you, but if you can't contribute something intelligent, then PLEASE..for the sake of the rest of us, DON'T POST. We know you hate Bush. We know you hate Republicans. We also know you obviously have no idea what you're talking about when it comes to politics, based on your poor grammar and your posts thus far. I already warned you once.

Drefish99
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM

Again with Bush not doing anything :D Shall I post my TL, DR again that I got from the White House?

calebh
11-08-2006, 03:27 PM
I agree with you Caleb, we needed a change of leadership without the huge swing of moral/ethic changes. But the question is..will the Dems abuse it or not?

we'll find out. more likely, the senate and the house will be too busy :argue: or if the senate does go to the democratss, congress and bush will be ready to :whackhead:

i would be amused

durrell
11-08-2006, 03:29 PM
lol Yeah. The Democrats did nothing but filibuster this last term, so what will the Repubs do? We shall see..

Gunny462
11-08-2006, 03:58 PM
Definitely will be an interesting next 2 years. Dems only now coming out with what they have planned on economics and not the war. So yeah it's going to be real interesting. Also... watch pay raises for service members in Nov 2007 and see if it goes above 3.BS

xtraking
11-08-2006, 04:08 PM
What i dont get is alot of people voted democrat becuase of the war. Well okay i understand for senate... but alot of dem governors were using the war to their advantage and won by doing so. So basically they were just saying vote for me cus im democrat, not what i will do for the state since the governor has nothing to do with the war. Or am i completley wrong in thinking this?

Gunny462
11-08-2006, 04:14 PM
What i dont get is alot of people voted democrat becuase of the war. Well okay i understand for senate... but alot of dem governors were using the war to their advantage and won by doing so. So basically they were just saying vote for me cus im democrat, not what i will do for the state since the governor has nothing to do with the war. Or am i completley wrong in thinking this?

Why I've always liked ya Xtra, you think.

durrell
11-08-2006, 04:17 PM

Troof. Every Dem rode the anti-war platform this election because so many people are against it. The same people that were for it back in 2001 and 2003 are now completely opposite.

xtraking
11-08-2006, 04:36 PM
And i always liked you Gunny becuase you do something about it :-P.

Troof. Every Dem rode the anti-war platform this election because so many people are against it. The same people that were for it back in 2001 and 2003 are now completely opposite.
*cough* John Kerry *cough* before he started losing against Dean and Edwards. YOu might be talking about other stuff, but taht was definatly *cough* kerry *cough*

durrell
11-08-2006, 04:38 PM
Well he's an obvious one, and I know in my state the Dems rode hardcore on some anti-war campaigning.

xtraking
11-08-2006, 04:50 PM
Oh yeah O'malley milked that for alllll it was worth.

silentpaintballfreak
11-08-2006, 05:43 PM
Well today... I passed my spanish test with a 60... Which is good. I passed my History test with an 87... Which is also good. I got 200 spanish questions because of my test grade... Better than last weeks 300... Ahh... Lets see... Im a Pimp. Yea todays been pretty weird...

xtraking
11-08-2006, 05:57 PM
60 is passing? Jeeze

calebh
11-08-2006, 05:58 PM
taxes too. we had an ad in our local paper for a county judge who promised to lower taxes... such is politics, xtra.

xtraking
11-08-2006, 06:02 PM
such is politics, xtra.
what?

silentpaintballfreak
11-08-2006, 06:04 PM
60 is passing? Jeeze
Me+Spanish=50's. A 60is a D- and that in spanish, for me, is passing. Last test score=47. See?

calebh
11-08-2006, 06:32 PM
bringing up nonissues or making empty and impossible promises that sound good to uneducated voters.

xtraking
11-09-2006, 11:48 AM
bringing up nonissues or making empty and impossible promises that sound good to uneducated voters.
if your commenting on what I said about the governors, then what they were saying was no promise. Alls it was, was a statement " I disagree with the war". And i guess it is politics, people should have to pass a test on the U.S. government before they get to vote.

vikingshadow
11-09-2006, 01:02 PM
I got this in an email and thought it was great (in the war discussion area, that is.) Whether it's a true quote or not, I like it!

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... and how many want out."

Only two defining forces have ever offered to die for you:

1. "Jesus Christ"
2. The "American G. I."

One died for your soul, the other for your freedom.

AMEN..

Now, let's support our new government officials, just as we should be supporting our soldiers, and hope they either make it better or keep it the same, just nothing worse!

marvin-martian
11-09-2006, 01:13 PM
wow...thats powerful

snotrocket
11-09-2006, 01:17 PM
Democrats. What can you say. I agree with vikingshadow. I hope the don't do anything worse than the Bushmeister has done so far!

xtraking
11-09-2006, 01:25 PM
i hear minimum wage is "going up" here in maryland to like 6.95... or at least those are the plans. If thats so, say good bye to thousands of jobs. Good job O'Malley.

timmyshoota
11-09-2006, 01:25 PM
I got this in an email and thought it was great (in the war discussion area, that is.) Whether it's a true quote or not, I like it!

In case we find ourselves starting to believe all the anti-American sentiment and negativity, we should remember England's Prime Minister Tony Blair's words during a recent interview. When asked by one of his Parliament members why he believes so much in America, he said:

"A simple way to take measure of a country is to look at how many want in ... and how many want out."

1. "Jesus Christ"
2. The "American G. I."

AMEN..

Now, let's support our new government officials, just as we should be supporting our soldiers, and hope they either make it better or keep it the same, just nothing worse!

This thread should be deleted and just leave this one post. Its without a doubt the best post in the thread.

SharpObjects
11-09-2006, 01:27 PM
The Democrats pwning the R's is a sign that the people don't like whats going on and want change.

Rumsfeld resigning is a great thing too.

But I still think that there is too much bias against both parties.

calebh
11-09-2006, 05:27 PM
people should have to pass a test on the U.S. government before they get to vote
and who would administer the test and decide who passes? a test would be nice, if it were possible to make it completely unbiased. theres only one kind of test i can think of that i think should be given if any test is given...

But I still think that there is too much bias against both parties
perhaps, but its their own fault.

1. "Jesus Christ"
2. The "American G. I."

wow, no kerry-esque uproar from the 36 other nations that currently have or have had troops serving in iraq?

Britain
S. Korea
Italy
Poland
Ukraine
Netherlands
Romania
Japan
Denmark
Bulgaria
Dominican Republic
Honduras
Hungary
New Zealand
Nicaragua
Philippines
Spain
Thailand
Australia
El Salvador
Georgia
Mongolia
Azerbaijan
Portugal
Latvia
Czech Republic
Lithuania
Slovakia
Albania
Estonia
Armenia
Tonga
Macedonia
Kazakhstan
Moldova
Norway

and i find it sad that the military is compared to christ in the name of patriotism... one spreads death, the other life... one spreads hatred, the other love... and some wonder why ppl are sick of politics. for such a "christian" nation, we sure are arrogant. for all the trying to get god back in government, even religion isnt safe from political manipulation. it makes me sick

vikingshadow
11-09-2006, 05:53 PM
and i find it sad that the military is compared to christ in the name of patriotism... one spreads death, the other life... one spreads hatred, the other love... and some wonder why ppl are sick of politics. for such a "christian" nation, we sure are arrogant. for all the trying to get god back in government, even religion isnt safe from political manipulation. it makes me sick

Note to self - never argue politics.....

Please read my post again. WE didn't say this. A person from ANOTHER COUNTRY said this. Sure, it's a person from our greatest ally. Read the post again - there's some good stuff in there, even if you feel jumpy and itching to argue politics. This isn't about our silly politicking in America. Also, those other countries you mentioned aren't under a verbal attack from the rest of the world - note the use of the term "Anti-American" in the very same post. And once again, this was not a quote from an American....

Now, if you want to see the quote in the context it was used in - he said that there were two entities that offered their lives for the world - one being Christ (by the way, he's not at all linking us to him in any other way) who died for our sins and thus saves our souls, and the American GI who goes out and fights not just for YOUR freedom to believe the way you do, but for the fact that possibly someone else in the world will get that freedom as well. How is that so arrogant? I feel it's VERY giving and provides hope for the world that there are still people willing to die, and not just bluster, for what they believe in. Now, if there are other groups out there that are willing to die for the world, let me know, because I certainly can't think of them.

Who's the negative person here? You see it as hypocrisy. I see it completely different. Rephrase it however you like - I saw that quote as this: One spreads love, hope and peace, the other spreads the idea of freedom, the hope of an entire country of people and the possibility of growing up in a world that is free to allow people like you (and me) to say and do pretty much what we want, no matter whether the other can or can't tell there isn't an argument here. I see it as a positive thing.

Are we arrogant? Yes. Do we deserve to be? I don't know, maybe, maybe not - why should we be any different than any other cock-sure country out there? We give the world a lot, sometimes too much, in my opinion. We do, however, in my opinion, have the best thing going IN THE WORLD, and others hate us for it. Unfortunately, I see that many people in our OWN COUNTRY seem to have carried some of that very same hatred toward our own country/government. I think that places like this thread and the crap that's being spewn in the BSNation politics thread is spreading like a wildfire. It's mostly ignorant, one sided, interested in themselves dissent, plain and simple, and plain ol pain in the ass talking. We have NO national pride anymore, no sense of belonging, no sense of anything, and people still want to argue that they know better than everyone else without even attempting to listen to each other and quite honestly, this makes me sick. This is NOT a debate with most people - it's a chance to hide behind their computers and talk trash.

I don't like it however when "Christianity" starts getting talked about in these types of threads. The very people that want to belittle those who believe in Christ also want to have separation of church and state, yet bring it in to play in politics "discussions" as often as they can, most of the time more than Christians themselves.

calebh
11-09-2006, 07:51 PM

blair's quote, in its entirety, as i understand it. the rest, presumably, was written by an american. emails are notorious for being embellished and exagerated as they are passed on. find proof blair said the rest, and ill... send you money or something :P

It's mostly ignorant, one sided, interested in themselves dissent, plain and simple, and plain ol pain in the ass talking. We have NO national pride anymore, no sense of belonging, no sense of anything, and people still want to argue that they know better than everyone else without even attempting to listen to each other and quite honestly, this makes me sick. This is NOT a debate with most people - it's a chance to hide behind their computers and talk trash.
better dissent than conformity. either way, im amazed by how innaccurately you pegged me. you know you were thinking it :P i have a habit of saying what i want to say without trying to defend myself from future attempts (direct or not) at discrediting me.

I don't like it however when "Christianity" starts getting talked about in these types of threads. The very people that want to belittle those who believe in Christ also want to have separation of church and state, yet bring it in to play in politics "discussions" as often as they can, most of the time more than Christians themselves.
i never belittled christians, nor do i ever plan to. i am a christian. and i do want a thorough separation of church and state. whether the state controls the church or the church controls the state, the end result is the same: theocracy. i did not try to bring christianity itself in as part of the discussion, i was commenting on political methods, kind of a subtopic of this thread almost since it began. the religion ploy set me off. as a christian, it makes me pretty mad when i see my religion abused, especially by "christian" politicians. maybe yall remember tom delay...

again, i say what i want to say without trying to defend myself against future attempts (direct or indirect) at discrediting me. maybe i should more thoroughly explain myself whenever i give a "dissenting" view, so i dont get stereotyped as an "ignorant, one sided, interested in [myself] dissent[er]" who "still want[s] to argue that know better than everyone else without even attempting to listen to" others?

Now, if there are other groups out there that are willing to die for the world, let me know, because I certainly can't think of them.
ooo, right here (http://www.vhemt.org/):rolleyes:

also, i have [I]nothing but respect for servicemen. i know quite a few personally, and there are plenty from my own family and town. dont make the mistake of confusing my negative stance towards the war with a negative stance towards our toops. i support our troops, but i will not support the invasion.

Nader
11-09-2006, 09:44 PM

1. "Jesus Christ"
2. The "American G. I."

AMEN..

Whoa! My dad read that EXACT same quote to me as I was reading what you posted.....whoaaaaa.

I second the motion by Timmyshoota to close the the thread and leave it at that quote.

And caleb....whether or not that email was added on to or not....it still roxxors your soxxors off. Admit it.

calebh
11-10-2006, 04:39 AM
And caleb....whether or not that email was added on to or not....it still roxxors your soxxors off. Admit it.
:thinking: :rolleyes: