PDA

View Full Version : SP epiphany......its a ion!

Muddytaco
11-08-2006, 01:14 PM
Its basicly a upgraded ion with some new features:

http://www.compulsivepaintball.com/mmCP/Images/SPEpiphanyWht.jpg

All Metal Structure – As has become standard for high-end markers, the Epiphany's grip frame, receiver, body, feedneck and all major components are of all-metal construction.

Adjustable Volume Fire Chamber - The heart of the Epiphany is the all-new adjustable volume fire chamber - a technology first. Utilizing sized inserts much like The Freak barrel system, a player can tune the volume of air staged behind the Epiphany's bolt. Higher regulator settings and faster valve recharge rates virtually eliminate rapid fire velocity drop off. The result is rock-steady velocity consistency whether the Epiphany Ion is taking a snap-shot or laying out a rope of paint at 15 bps or more.

Super-Light, Fast-Acting Bolt – The Smart Parts Firebolt is a standard feature of the Epiphany. Its light weight allows for super-fast reciprocal operation, increasing potential rate of fire while decreasing vibration. Its efficient design baffles the gas flow delivered to the ball for a gentle push against even the most fragile shells, while allowing a high flow volume for maximum efficiency.

Improved Solenoid Valve and Hosing – An improved solenoid valve keeps the Epiphany Ion consistently responsive over a wider pressure range at both low and high rates of fire.

Magnesium Alloy Body, Grip Frame and Trigger – Olympic class racing bicycle designers utilize magnesium alloys to deliver fantastic strength with minimal weight, and that is what our engineers have done with the Epiphany. The Epiphany grip frame, trigger and body are all manufactured from a state of the art magnesium alloy, making the Epiphany incredibly light with a super-hard chrome based finish. Rubber accent overlays enhance the Epiphany's finished look while providing better grip friction at key points.

Conical Trigger Bearing – The Epiphany Ion's conical trigger bearing is suspended between a pair of adjustable lock screws. This configuration provides a silky smooth trigger pull that is virtually free of side to side movement from start to finish.

Rigid Power Button – A rigid power button in the Epiphany grip frame makes power and Vision mode selection easy, even with gloves on.

Break-Beam Vision – Smart Parts proven break-beam Vision technology protects against paint breakage from mis-feeds.

Epiphany Freak Barrel – The Epiphany version of The Freak barrel is included with its own sculpted back section matching the smooth lines of the Epiphany body. Optional inserts and fronts allow this factory included barrel to adapt to changing paint and game conditions.

Advanced Ergonomic Trigger Position – Extensive research and field testing led to the final shape of the Epiphany grip frame. With its slender profile and thin-wall wraparound grips, this frame places both trigger fingers at a 90 degree angle from the firing plane, within the bounds of an expanded trigger guard for optimal walking.

Three Point Adjustable Trigger - The adjustable Epiphany trigger can be dialed-in to suit any taste. Settings for trigger pre-travel, activation point, and post-travel, may all be fine tuned.

Low Profile Positive-Grip Friction Feedneck – The Epiphany Feedneck is equipped with internal o-rings that give it a positive grip on a wide variety of loader neck sizes. Its solid aluminum construction gives it the durability needed for serious paintball competitors.

Integrated Air Rail - The Epiphany grip’s integrated rail system allows standard dovetail air system accessories to mount directly to the grip frame or use traditional inline mounting screws.

Rail Mounted on/off ASA - Positive air system control means longer o-ring and solenoid life for screw in gas supplies. The easy to clean and rebuild design of the Smart Parts on/off ASA means a lifetime of reliable operation. The integral dovetail mount matches perfectly to the Epiphany grip frame’s integrated air system rail for solid, adapter free mounting.

Standard Barrel Threads – The Epiphany uses the Smart Parts standard barrel thread found on the Shocker NXT, Impulse, Nerve, Ion and SP-8.

Strengths From Its Heritage – The Epiphany is not a replacement for the Ion, it is an advancement of the Ion design philosophy into a new higher performance marker, this means it also has the best features from the Ion:

• Seal Forward Technology – This Smart Parts innovation places the breech seal o-ring in the breech instead of on the bolt, providing a perfect seal against blowback without producing rate of fire limiting bolt-drag.
• True Electropneumatic Design – Just like the original Ion, and all of the Smart Parts lineup, the Epiphany is built on a true electropneumatic design. A precision, fast acting solenoid valve drives the bolt and valve system for unbeatably quick operation with minimal vibration.
• Simple 9-volt Powered Operation – Because of the very low power consumption that true electropneumatic operation provides, the Epiphany's electronics are able to achieve a long operating life from a standard 9-volt alkaline battery.
• 17+ BPS Performance – The standard Epiphany circuit board will deliver rates up to 17 balls per second, while the Blackheart and aftermarket boards can take it to 20 and beyond.
• Most Ion and Epiphany assemblies are interchangeable. Ion owners can upgrade to Epiphany performance by replacing their circuit board, hoses, regulator spring and fire chamber.

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 01:15 PM
they said that in the OTHER thread about this. it said "uses ion platform", "made of metal" :dodgy:

btw these use NXT shocker boards and humphrey noids.... no mac capabilites like the ion

that white barrel is *****in'

marvin-martian
11-08-2006, 01:16 PM
i like it with exception of the VA/reg

Muddytaco
11-08-2006, 01:17 PM
all the colors:
http://www.pbloverz.com/images/uploads/Black_Epiphany.jpg

http://www.pbloverz.com/images/uploads/White_Epiphany2.jpg

http://www.pbloverz.com/images/uploads/Red_Epiphany.jpg

http://www.pbloverz.com/images/uploads/Blue_Epiphany.jpg

Nader
Looks nice except for the reg.
I'd hit it. I love the new grips too.

Price?

marvin-martian
the only colors it should be are white and black...

Nader
11-08-2006, 01:20 PM
Found the price. Four hundred smackeroos.
Just like all the other new guns lol.

pbfreak3221
11-08-2006, 01:22 PM
Yeah, the blue and pink just look hideous.

JMotioN
11-08-2006, 01:23 PM
i like it upped ion basically. just wish they had the whole body available in black. i think its a redid nerve since it didnt sell. Wish they would just be smart (hehe SP be Smart) and make it stock ramping or stock BH.

marvin-martian
11-08-2006, 01:25 PM
after reading all the new stuff it has, im in love

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 01:30 PM
colors made me pee. blue is sick! the white back is agg! i cant decide!

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 01:33 PM
i like it upped ion basically. just wish they had the whole body available in black. i think its a redid nerve since it didnt sell. Wish they would just be smart (hehe SP be Smart) and make it stock ramping or stock BH.
blackheart boards have ramping :dodgy:

Maxx-Damage
11-08-2006, 01:52 PM
I like it, but i wish they made some of the bodys all black.

Oscum Guy
11-08-2006, 02:05 PM
dude, thats shweet.

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 02:32 PM
I like it, but i wish they made some of the bodys all black.
cant anno magnesium alloy

leed
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
cant anno magnesium alloy
But you can powdercoat it.

The Frame and VA remind me of a Matrix..

xtraking
11-08-2006, 02:49 PM
blue looks better then sex.

ross * pilot
11-08-2006, 02:54 PM
what??!! the pink is sweet!

stylinbeaver
11-08-2006, 03:17 PM
I'm liking it. It is nice. I'm really liking the silver and white. This might be a gun I have to look into in the future.

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
But you can powdercoat it.
powdercoat would never sell.

08Lud08
11-08-2006, 03:43 PM
now the hard choice for me is the proto rail or this because Im getting a new gun for christmas

durrell
11-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Proto Rail probably would be the better choice.

That gun is secks though.

SharpObjects
11-08-2006, 04:17 PM
Looks nice, but *yawn* still an Ion. I was thinking it was a new gen Nerve or something, although I don't know why.

calebh
11-08-2006, 04:21 PM
thats a pretty sweet looking marker, in all colors. only thing i dont like is the foregrip.

leed
11-08-2006, 04:58 PM
powdercoat would never sell.

How do you think they did the SS Freak back? Certainly didn't anodize it, despite the fact that you can, it costs so much to do.

newkid
11-08-2006, 05:31 PM
nicccce

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 05:48 PM
How do you think they did the SS Freak back? Certainly didn't anodize it, despite the fact that you can, it costs so much to do.
2 ways.

1. they've annoed SS freak backs before. (chemically added dye to the mixture), they didn't turn out the exact color planned, but after 3 years of expirimenting id expect they could have found the right mixture to make the right colors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Freak-Colored-Stainless-Backs_W0QQitemZ7135871782QQihZ015QQcategoryZ16046Q QcmdZViewItem

2. Maybe its not stainless steel. consider the possibility they used the same specs for the SS backs on slabs of aluminum.

besides, the sheen it gives off is clearly anno
so j00 l00z lol

kidonfire
11-08-2006, 06:01 PM
Very nice. White is my fav. I might get pink just to say I have a pink gun...

conradl
11-08-2006, 06:15 PM
this is very nice but white is by far the best color. I might get this or the mini over the promaster

leed
11-08-2006, 07:30 PM
2 ways.

1. they've annoed SS freak backs before. (chemically added dye to the mixture), they didn't turn out the exact color planned, but after 3 years of expirimenting id expect they could have found the right mixture to make the right colors.
http://cgi.ebay.com/Freak-Colored-Stainless-Backs_W0QQitemZ7135871782QQihZ015QQcategoryZ16046Q QcmdZViewItem

2. Maybe its not stainless steel. consider the possibility they used the same specs for the SS backs on slabs of aluminum.

besides, the sheen it gives off is clearly anno
so j00 l00z lol

They've anodized them before, yes. But they costed a ridiculous amount of money to have it done, and would definitely not be a fit price for this marker.

The reason why the stainless steel freak back specs are different from the original aluminium freak back specs is because the stainless steel can be made that thin without having to worry about it bending or snapping. The aluminium backs, however, can not be made to that extent. Again, even the new ones are relatively thick, but have a lot of holes. With that, there is no way that the anodizing could be that rich white. You can't even anodize aluminium that way! You can get close, but no where near that close! And I'm sure that powdercoating would sell, after all, the ion frames were powdercoated.

Jeeze claus, you're such a nub!
:rolleyes2:

Oh, and a real picture (not mine)
http://img166.imageshack.us/img166/2442/dscf2397bf5.jpg

marvin-martian
11-08-2006, 07:35 PM
i stand by me say ing that the black and white are the only two colors worth while

claustrophobia9
11-08-2006, 07:57 PM
They've anodized them before, yes. But they costed a ridiculous amount of money to have it done, and would definitely not be a fit price for this marker. notice the ebay price. 50 bucks. the 100 buck "normal price" was the listing a couple years ago, i gauruntee price has gone down due to production speed and/or sp is taking a minor loss in profit.

leed
11-08-2006, 08:14 PM
notice the ebay price. 50 bucks. the 100 buck "normal price" was the listing a couple years ago, i gauruntee price has gone down due to production speed and/or sp is taking a minor loss in profit.

As far as I know, Smart Parts has been trying to sell those on eBay for quite a while, so of course their prices are going to deflate, simply because there is not much interest for them. Take a look, they have 89 for sale, and they have been trying to sell them for quite some time, as I mentioned.

I mean, it's just the property of things getting old. Take a look at their Impulses for sale, they're only 300 BNIB, but they used to run for 900+! However, the prices for anodizing stainless steel remains the same, or has not deflated enough to lower the price that much.

Claus, we're going to get in trouble. :(

RomeNYRR
11-09-2006, 05:52 AM
thats looks really good. i'd buy the red one :)

bamf-hacker
11-09-2006, 06:10 AM
I may look into getting one just to play with. I like the idea of the adjustable volume in the firecan. I wonder how long until all the 3rd parties make new firecans like the one in the Epiphany

tCLiSEm
11-10-2006, 12:49 PM
Its like an ION on super roids...

I just don't know which one to get a SP Epiphany or PMR....

claustrophobia9
11-11-2006, 07:14 AM
As far as I know, Smart Parts has been trying to sell those on eBay for quite a while, so of course their prices are going to deflate, simply because there is not much interest for them. Take a look, they have 89 for sale, and they have been trying to sell them for quite some time, as I mentioned.

I mean, it's just the property of things getting old. Take a look at their Impulses for sale, they're only 300 BNIB, but they used to run for 900+! However, the prices for anodizing stainless steel remains the same, or has not deflated enough to lower the price that much.

Claus, we're going to get in trouble. :(
ill honestly say i have no idea how they did that white. powder coat is just a horrible idea because youd have to spray it in a way so that contact zones on the barrel dont have it on them (or else it will chip eventually) which would look really crappy. they may have annoed with a new type of dye like some milky mixture that functions like dye and makes the silver more opaque rather than a colored dye to tint the silver.

claustrophobia9
11-12-2006, 10:26 AM
they can anodize titanium white (they use it for tooth implants)

wbpaintball
01-14-2007, 01:51 PM
the freak body kit looks amazing especially that barrel

marvin-martian
01-14-2007, 02:08 PM
freak body kit?

Theheroguy
01-14-2007, 03:40 PM
way old and freak body kit?

Silent Prodigy
01-18-2007, 08:05 AM
yea, im going to wait a while for the Proto,Epiphang, and mini are out for a little longer, i got a VS2 and i evntually want to get a better marker before the summer, so im looking into this Proto and mini

Edit-guess im not the only one thats doing it to =P

DFSniper
02-10-2007, 06:28 AM
wow, looks 1000x better than an Ion... IMO

Backmanshooter
02-10-2007, 06:43 AM
Looks better, but its still JUST an ion.

And I've owned an Ion. So I'm not one of those people who think Ions suck when they never owned one. I just traded it for an Xbox.

samus129
02-11-2007, 07:19 AM
they are parts from lucky paint ball to make your ion close to an epiphany.

leed
02-11-2007, 03:36 PM
DF, Why'd you raise this dead thread? :(

WhatThaSmurf
02-12-2007, 01:54 PM
It wasn't that old.

Oscum Guy
02-15-2007, 08:52 AM
i raise again...
i held one at the local proshop and i can say that it was the most comfortable gun i have ever held.

newkid
02-15-2007, 12:57 PM
It wasn't that old.
claus was still around and thats been forever