PDA

View Full Version : Cant Find a Job

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 01:31 PM
well, i applied at wal-mart, a few restaruants, a movie theater, a couple gas stations and every fast food joint in the area, and still dont have a job. do you guys have any ideas of where else i could apply? i donno where else to look.

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 01:45 PM
How about at your school? I worked for the school district when I was in high school. I cleaned halls, took out trash, did some maintenance for about an hour after school, then in the summers mowed grass, painted, maintenance, etc.

Santy
01-12-2006, 01:47 PM
yeah, i do the same thing as vike did over the summer, and then when they need me i help after school on fridays before like alumni weekends and events when the school needs to look good :wink:

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 01:47 PM
hotels

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 01:48 PM
Also, check with your local roofing companies. They always need strong help, if for nothing else but to clean up after the crews strip a roof. How old are you, anyways? It might make a difference...

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 01:57 PM
im 16, and kinda weak, so that roofing thing is probably out, along with alot of manual labor.

and was thinking about that school thing over the summer, cause my friend got a job there. however, i cant do it now because the school is currently under construction, and they dont want students there any longer than they have to be.

and the hotel thing is out because i live in the middle of nowhere, and there are no hotels.

i do paint and junk over the summer for my relatives, but that does me no good during the winter etc.

thanks for the suggestions, and lets keep 'em commin!

Santy
01-12-2006, 02:18 PM
you live in MA, you know how much snow we get, go shovel. and you ever think about getting a reffing job at Fox4? Playboyz is also looking for people to work like 1 day a weekend in the spring as beginner refs, too.

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 02:24 PM
shoveling isnt a bad idea, but most people around here either have their driveways plowed, or have beastly snowblowers. fox4 and playboyz are too far away for me to ref there. i actually got offered a job at mill city paintball in lowell, but thats too far away too. im also not a beginner ref, i reffed at hoops paintball in clinton in return for my sponsorship, but i stopped playing tourney ball, so i stopped working there. also, most fields dont pay you directly, they either pay you in paint, free entry/other benefits, or in a sponsorship deal, and im looking for just cash.

mill city paid cash, but im 40 minutes away from lowell, so id be spending half my paycheck on gas.

thanks for the suggestion though!

Starbucks Larry
01-12-2006, 02:27 PM
Pizza Parlors are fun to work at.

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 02:28 PM
yeah, i applied at papa ginos and papa johns as well. forgot to mention that.

Team Ramrod
01-12-2006, 02:34 PM
golf course? i work at one and it was the easiest job.

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 02:36 PM
yeah, i plan on applying to all of them near me when the season starts back up. i applied to one last year, but i never heard from them.

Hoppy11
01-12-2006, 03:40 PM
Def apply to all the golf courses around you.

phatphil
01-12-2006, 06:34 PM
Wow, you really have tried everywhere, grocery store maybe?

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 06:40 PM
you can try Craigslist. They have job postings there all the time.

Here is a link to the main site and then search around for something close to you

Craigslist (http://www.craigslist.org/about/cities.html)

HacKeR

Recon by Fire
01-12-2006, 07:53 PM
Bust open the yellow pages and start looking for places you can apply at. Being underage limits what you can do because of safety laws and such.

Besides applying for the job (that is only the first step), you have to follow up! Call back and speak with the HR manager or manager of the place and inquire about your application. Let them know you are very interested in working there!

maximus100389
01-12-2006, 08:59 PM
yeah definitly call back...

colonel_moo
01-13-2006, 11:59 AM
yeah, ive called back at most of the places where you would think they would want you too. i havent done that for fast food restaurants, mostly because i dont know their numbers. i have looked through the yellow pages, but didnt really find anything.

grocery stores isnt a bad idea, i havent tried those at all.

ill also look around on craigslist, thanks hacker.

bamf-hacker
01-13-2006, 06:33 PM
NP and good luck finding a job...

HacKeR

Recon by Fire
01-13-2006, 08:56 PM
Go to the Gulf Coast that was hit by the hurricanes! My wife told me todat she saw that BURGERKING was hiring at about $10 an hour plus a $1500 signing bonus! Everyplace has Help Wanted signs up and they are desperate for workers.

bigred76
01-13-2006, 09:08 PM
:yeahthat: On the side you can work for constuction. They need help building houses down there too. ;)

WhatThaSmurf
01-14-2006, 12:09 AM
im 16, and kinda weak

means no construction

colonel_moo
01-14-2006, 06:53 AM
haha, plus im nowhere near the gulf coast. i think thats a bigger problem than strength :)

Recon by Fire
01-14-2006, 04:53 PM
Hmm...seems like you soend too much time makinge excuses why you cannot do something. It is like a Hispanic friend of mine told me: "Be a Mexi-can and not a Mexi-can't." LOL

Just one thing left to do then, become a man whore.

colonel_moo
01-14-2006, 07:12 PM
yeah, because i'm making so many excuses :rolling:

the only excuse i see in this entire thread is that im weak, and cant do construction. its not like a construction company is gonna hire a 16 year old with barely any work experience anyway, even if they are jacked.

claustrophobia9
01-14-2006, 08:04 PM
maybe you should apply LITERALLY everywhere. and maybe you should just get stronger.

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 03:22 AM
You don't have to be bulking strong to work for a construction contractor, many of them hire younger kids for clean up work and such. Just be persistant wherever you look and you will get one :)