PDA

View Full Version : Problems after new tank, chopping

Scott7M
11-08-2006, 10:12 AM
Ok, I have shot a lil over 1000 paintballs through my gun. I have had it apart once to clean and oil everything. I had my new tank filled with co2 and took it out to try it out again. And well it's doing what it done when the gun was first new. It's chopping balls and shooting wildly. I backed the velocity adjuster way out and it still shoots so fast that at 65 feet I'd be lucky to hit someone 1 out of 4 shots. They are curving wildly. The previous 400 shots before the new fill up were going great, I thought the gun was finally just broke in and shooting well.

Also, it has more recoil with a full tank and I get trigger bounce and then it chops balls. Made a big mess. what do you reccomend? Should I run the trigger adjustment in or out to help this.. Tell me all you can about this problem it sucks. Can't get off 20 shots with out chopping a ball, and those 20 shots are zooming everywhere. My barrel is a 14" j and j ceramic so I don't think it is the problem

Halucin8
11-08-2006, 10:42 AM
make sure the paint matches the barrel and yes you may need to lengthen the trigger pull a little to get rid of the bounce. I have been gettign alot of blow back in to my hopper lately on my pilot. I believe it is my fault for trying to mod the bolt with orings. But it is causing me to chop paint when my zeggy is low onpaint. just a few thoughts maybe onw will work for you

JMotioN
11-08-2006, 11:41 AM
i would take the thing apart and clean it dry. and then apply fresh oil. also what are you shooting? doesn't sound like your chronoing your marker, that can cause troubles with shooting

Hob Hayward
11-08-2006, 12:18 PM
Buy a spring kit 32* makes a good one. Toss the Black main spring in and see if its any better. Sometimes people end up with higher output pressure from full or slightly overfilled tanks which results in high velocity which can give you wildly curving shots and bad stuff.

08Lud08
11-08-2006, 02:37 PM
I think your chopping because your hopper is too slow.

Scott7M
11-08-2006, 04:57 PM
Ok, I only chop when the trigger bounces. The paint I'm using is practice paint, but still that is not the problem. There is no paintball places within 100miles of where I live. So no place to do the chronographing or anything like that. It is shooting so fast you can't even see the ball until it's practically 60 feet away, and with that I get recoil which causes my gun to jump and double fire. It is true the hopper can't keep up, but I could care less about shooting 20 balls a second. The thing is, the problem I'm having only occurs when the tank is full and the problem goes away slowly as the tank is emptied.

There is a tree in my yard about 60 feet from my porch, about 100-150 paintballs before my tank was empty. I shot 6 shot group that only covered like 5 inches, and four of the paintballs hit the same spot. So it was like hey it's shooting great and now it's like hey I can't even hit the damn tree. It is wicked fast!

I am going to go in the gun this evening and clean it and re-oil my o-rings. But I don't think that it is going to cure it because it didn't before.

Also does turning the trigger screw in or out help my bounce problem.

nbishop66
11-09-2006, 04:41 AM
Where are you getting your tank filled? Could they possibly be over filling it? Do they actually weigh the thing or just guess?

I making some assumptions here because I'm not exactly sure, but if it is overfilled that would create a higher pressure in the tank (greater than 800 psi), which would in turn make the gun shoot hot until the pressure drops. Does any one know if there is some kind of regulator on a CO2 bottle? I don't think so, but someone enlighten me if I'm wrong.

Scott7M
11-09-2006, 07:08 AM
I get my tank filled at the only place within 100 miles from here that does so. A local hardware store, they sell a lot of paintball stuf and yes they do weigh the tanks. usually they put about 18.0 - 18.4 oz in my 20oz. tank. I also cleaned my gun last night but still havent shot it, still wonderng which way the trigger adjustment needs to go. I checked my paintballs and they do fit the barrel well they fit snug, and if you get one in the barrel and look down it you can see just a tid bit of light around it in a few places.

Halucin8
11-09-2006, 08:12 AM
the adjustment on the top of the trigger parallel with the ground should be turned out to lengthen the trigger pull.