PDA

View Full Version : Disabling the Anti-Chop?

Philly_Dog
11-08-2006, 07:11 AM
Hi All, New to the forums. Here is a question for you:

How many chops could an Anti-Chop stop if an anti-chop could stop chops?

Mine doesn't stop any chops, so I have had to disable it.

I was getting chops in my elbow so I replaced the "stopper" with a black one from kingman, bought a Ricochet Apache (20bps) agitating hopper. Still chopped. Then I looked at the elbow and noticed there was a jagged edge in there so I filed that down a bit. It was still chopping. Then I played with the velocity spectrum, still chopped no matter what any time I was going three round burst or rapid semi-auto. Then finally I had read somewhere about disabling the Anti-chop feature. Originally I used a cut down drinking straw and that was working great until in the cold made the straw brittle and it broke.

Everytime I got a chop, I would take gun apart and voila, the straw was broke and anti-chop was enabled. I missed a few rounds because of it this weekend. This time, I am using a cut down pencil. I plan on getting a new bolt after christmas.

Just wondering what everyone else who has to disable it uses?

nitrobassboats
11-08-2006, 07:50 AM
excuse me for this
WHAT IN THE HELL ARE YOU TALKING ABOUT??????
disabling antichop >>>>> the marker has an ACS bolt to disable this would mean changing the bolt out ........
sorry for my dumbassness but what the hell you talking about
(me thinks detent but who am i)
nitro:rolleyes:

new_Faction64
11-08-2006, 08:29 AM
http://spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=3756&highlight=disabling

My older thread on disabling the ACS bolt

Philly_Dog
11-08-2006, 08:46 AM
OK, here is how I disabled the antichop:

-Disassemble the gun and remove the bolt (256)
-Using the smallest allen key, remove the small bolt that holds bolt pin (257) in place
-Remove the bolt pin
-Remove the bolt anti-chop parts (piston and spring)
-Reinsert the spring into the bolt
-Install a small short tubular piece inside the spring that will prevent the ACS piston from moving forward, thereby disabling the anti-chop system. As mentioned, I tried a 1"+/- long drinking straw and now I am using a piece of a pencil so it won't break. My only worry is the new weight of the bolt itself.
-Install the silver piston back inside the bolt, it should be flush with the back of the bolt and should not be allowed any forward movement
-Install the bolt pin and the bolt that holds in in place
-Reassemble the rest of the gun. The marker how has a disabled anti-chop system.

I understand the irony here, I had to disable the Anti-chop to get my marker to stop choping. Until I get a new bolt and a stronger ball stopper (not called detents) then this is the only way I can use my MR2.

Philly_Dog
11-08-2006, 08:59 AM
OMG, thanks New Faction, I read that post.

I understand what they mean with how they disabled it. If you remove the Bolt pin and roll the bolt over from 12 o'clock to 3 O' clock, there is a hole there that can be used to put the bolt back down through. Then retighten the pin and voila, the ACS feature is disabled. That is a much better solution then mine because the pencil would have made the bolt heavier. I will check my bolt again tonight and make sure I am able to do this. I have been pretty intimate with my bolt lately :rolleyes: so I am pretty sure it has this option. I still need a new one anyway so I will probably order it after christmas. Thanks again.

Jarhead
11-08-2006, 09:31 AM
Hi All, New to the forums. Here is a question for you:

How many chops could an Anti-Chop stop if an anti-chop could stop chops?

Mine doesn't stop any chops, so I have had to disable it.

I was getting chops in my elbow so I replaced the "stopper" with a black one from kingman, bought a Ricochet Apache (20bps) agitating hopper. Still chopped. Then I looked at the elbow and noticed there was a jagged edge in there so I filed that down a bit. It was still chopping. Then I played with the velocity spectrum, still chopped no matter what any time I was going three round burst or rapid semi-auto. Then finally I had read somewhere about disabling the Anti-chop feature. Originally I used a cut down drinking straw and that was working great until in the cold made the straw brittle and it broke.

Everytime I got a chop, I would take gun apart and voila, the straw was broke and anti-chop was enabled. I missed a few rounds because of it this weekend. This time, I am using a cut down pencil. I plan on getting a new bolt after christmas.

Just wondering what everyone else who has to disable it uses?

The reason you may be chopping is the The Apache is a agitating hopper, it just isn't fast enough, you need a force fed one. I found the Halo B to work great.

Also what caused mine to chop was the velocity was set too high, you said you played with it but what did you do? I set mine on 275 fps and after that almost zero chops.
Also did you break in the bolt as reccomended? If not there may be your problem.

One other problem is what paint are you using? Some cheap paint will break no matter if the gun is working properly or not.

There are many threads devoted to these issues, before you spend a lot of time a money, please red them.

new_Faction64
11-08-2006, 11:03 AM
Philly_Dog,

I own a Halo B, but I also own an Apache myself, it wasn't fast enough, and after using the Halo B shooting 200 rounds, it seemed a bit better, but I still had one mysterious chop, and a bunch of jams (because of the ACS mechanism not fully resetting itself).

What I may just do, if I can't disable the bolt (The pin is stripped), is get a new bolt from Alamo City Paintball, they have o-rings too which should improve efficiency.

Philly_Dog
11-08-2006, 03:36 PM
The reason you may be chopping is the The Apache is a agitating hopper, it just isn't fast enough, you need a force fed one. I found the Halo B to work great.

Also what caused mine to chop was the velocity was set too high, you said you played with it but what did you do? I set mine on 275 fps and after that almost zero chops.
Also did you break in the bolt as reccomended? If not there may be your problem.

One other problem is what paint are you using? Some cheap paint will break no matter if the gun is working properly or not.

There are many threads devoted to these issues, before you spend a lot of time a money, please red them.

I bought my MR2 second hand due to availability, thinking that paintball guns were reliable and functional out of the box. Boy was I wrong. The bolt is already worn, and I have tried both cheap and expensive paint, still chops. I just tested my theory with turning the bolt and it was totally off so scrap my last post. The pencil idea to disable the bolt was working good, but it sprays lead everywhere and it was starting to crack, so it is too soft. I tried a small bolt in the pencil's place but I think that is too hard on the bolt itself for weight. This is getting so frustrating!!!

Maxx-Damage
11-08-2006, 04:09 PM
Well if u have some $ now. Id get a Alamo city bolt Its $20 (http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html)

new_Faction64
11-08-2006, 04:45 PM
BTW most markers do function fine out of the box...just not this one :(

Well if u have some $ now. Id get a Alamo city bolt Its $20 (http://www.alamocitypb.com/MANUFACTPAGES/kingman.html)

That's also what I may be doing soon.

Note: don't get the Low Blow bolt unless you are pretty interested in it. It does work as advertised, but it's very inefficient w/ gas.

DRAGON
11-08-2006, 05:17 PM
I disabled mine the easy way, I got an MR1 bolt from Kingman. Slots in the right place, just pop it in - ;)

new_Faction64
11-08-2006, 05:46 PM
I disabled mine the easy way, I got an MR1 bolt from Kingman. Slots in the right place, just pop it in - ;)

Was it free?

Philly_Dog
11-09-2006, 05:42 AM

Do they ship to Canada? I am in Nova Scotia.

Phil

Philly_Dog
11-15-2006, 09:28 AM
ok, well this past weekend, I used a pen cap to disable the anitchop. It worked fine all day until close to the second or third last game when it started acting up. I took it apart and the little torque that holds the bolt pin in place was gone, chewed up. I fixed that with a small metal twist tie, but it only worked for a round or two so I used my brothers A5 for my last round de jour.

I have since called kingman and ordered a new MR2 Bolt and an MR1 bolt. This should allow me to continue using my Apache until after christmas. Then I may upgrade to a qloader, or get a halo b with rip drive and vboard. According to Kingman, that will solve my chopping problems. Excuse me for not being enlightened that I have to spend two hundred more dollars to get my MR2 working reliably. And then there is the question, "what if that doesn't work?"...

Nuwisha
11-15-2006, 10:47 AM
Philly Dog, if you get a Qloader (I have one, very nice), the MR2 bolt won't work, the qloader can actually push the bolt back and double feed.... the MR1 bolt shouldn't give you any trouble, though it is heavier...mind you you'll notice the increase in velocity and range with it!

I'm going to be ordeing the bolt and striker from alamo, I'll post how it is when I get it.

new_Faction64
11-15-2006, 12:00 PM
Philly Dog, if you get a Qloader (I have one, very nice), the MR2 bolt won't work, the qloader can actually push the bolt back and double feed.... the MR1 bolt shouldn't give you any trouble, though it is heavier...mind you you'll notice the increase in velocity and range with it!

I'm going to be ordeing the bolt and striker from alamo, I'll post how it is when I get it.

Kingman has actually told me that this isn't true/possible, but I dunno.

Nuwisha
11-15-2006, 04:30 PM
Kingman has actually told me that this isn't true/possible, but I dunno.

Whats not true, the velocity increase, or the problem with the qloader?

My friend and I both had the exact same problem with the acs bolt, we both switched to mr1 bolts, problem solved.

The Booth Man
11-15-2006, 10:50 PM
Hi all. I'm relatively new to this forum, but I've been reading your posts for several months now. I've had the same chopping problems that many have had.

After lots of reading and thinking, I decided that the culprit was the blow back (or Blowby) going into the feedneck after each shot. Most of my breaks weren't in the chamber, but right in the middle of the feedneck.

It didn't matter how fast or slow I shot. Balls would pop up into the feedneck like popcorn and break. I could be wrong, but I think most Mr2 chops are related to this. Next time your marker breaks paint, check and see if it is breaking in the chamber next to the bolt, or in the feedneck.