PDA

View Full Version : Now What?

Hitman_101
11-07-2006, 09:32 PM
Hey everyone:)
Still new only been to the park three times....
Three weeks ago I bought a Spyder Pilot ACS $130, Viewloader hopper $23, and a 14in barrel $15.00. So I go out to Hollywood Park and what do you think happen? Yep thatís right my hopper could not keep up with my gun and to make matters worse it was loud and not stay on my elbow adaptor causing me to lose probably over 100 balls that day. So today I went to I&I sports in Carson ( kinda pricy) to buy a Evolution III hopper for about $93 when I saw the Spyder Electrica with Eyes and rocking trigger for $249. So I got that as well is there any recommend upgrades or part that I will need before I head out to the park because field paint is kinda expensive?
Also is it true that a Spyder can be crono at 350 by simply removing a chip by the bolt?
I was thinking:
Halo B with rip $125
SP freak $90
PMI 20oz on/off $50
Cp Reg $90
PE Rem $45
Bolt??

rafb86
11-07-2006, 10:25 PM
"Also is it true that a Spyder can be crono at 350 by simply removing a chip by the bolt?" - lol no its not true

but IMO for upgrade you should get :
1) halo b (you can get one used for cheaper, like 60-80$)
2) An HPA tank (compressed air is better then CO2)
3) Freak kit ( good choice i have one and love it )

everything else is not really necessary unless you are going low pressure here is a link where most of your questions about spyder will be answered. http://www.ottersccustoms.com/spyder.html

rafb86
11-07-2006, 10:26 PM
ps. welcome to the forums

Foxfire
11-08-2006, 04:08 AM
Chrono at 350 by moving a chip? No, but my AMG did chrono at around 360. I fixed that by changing the spring. If I were you just keep the stock gear and get a fast hopper, ether a halo b or evlution 2. Compressed air is another good choice, but only if you plan on going into tournament play.

shunut
11-08-2006, 05:11 AM
All your decisions are good ones except the co2. Like rafb said HPA is way better, it might be a little more expensive but its better for your marker. Also you might want to check out the VLocity or the new Pulse loader.

Hitman_101
11-08-2006, 09:12 AM
Thx...
Say what about nitro is it cheaper than going lp and better than o2 and cop air combined.

Hob Hayward
11-08-2006, 12:09 PM
Nitrogen is the same thing as HPA. They're just inert gasses that can be compressed in a tank.

You don't at all need to go LP to have a good spyder, but the LP will give better performance.

08Lud08
11-08-2006, 02:36 PM
I would also consider getting a good mask.

Oscum Guy
11-08-2006, 03:22 PM
wow, you baught a pilot, 2 veiwloader hoppers and an electra in one day!

CareBear-Killer
11-08-2006, 07:39 PM
get a couple good masks and he and a buddy are ready to terrorize the neighborhood with a game of paintball. :D

welcome to the forums.

HPA/N2 is a great choice.. If you go this route, depending on your state laws and such... you may be able to pick up a scuba tank & a paintball fill-station to fill your marker tanks from. a lot of dive shops will fill scuba tanks for free or pretty cheaply. or course you can do the same with C02 in most palces as well... but HPA is better. :)

Also, the freak kit is probably the most or atleast one of the most accurate barrel systems out there. I do think they are worth the money.