i think its fun but some people find it gay for some reason

vwjimmy
11-06-2006, 02:41 PM
Eagle
Troop 920
San Diego, CA

Moe
11-06-2006, 02:41 PM
I was a boy scout for 5 years. It was fun. I would recommend it.

pbfreak3221
11-06-2006, 02:53 PM
Amazin experience would recomend it to everyone, and no it deffinetly isn't gay all you boy scout haters...

Ace24
11-06-2006, 02:57 PM
I was in a christian version of that. It was called "Boys Birgade."

The two are very similar and we do alot of the same things. Some things more interesting then boyscouts... (I played paintball for the first time at Birgade Paintball camp 0.0) Everything has a christian twist on it. There is lots of bible learning and such.

Its not gay... People that call it gay are usually too scared of insult to join because they know there are others out there that insult the people who are in it, so they join in the insulting, making themselves look better in the insulters point of view.

calebh
11-06-2006, 03:05 PM
im a boy scout, and proud of it :D the one thing i would different about the whole BSA program thing is to make a paintball merit badge. apparently, its too "dangerous" even though the entire front half of every merit badge book is about safety it seems... even basketry... i work at a boy scout summer camp every summer, teaching merit badges to younger scouts. its an awesome job, even if the pay is low.

Hossy
11-06-2006, 03:08 PM
i was one for a few years, it didnt fit me well. Im an athlete. around me, people who do boy scouts are kinda nerdy, my vote is for gay.

but my dad was one back in the day, and of what i hear, around here boy scouts did sooo much, so there kinda heros.

Pop Culture my friend, pop culture

DRAGON
11-06-2006, 03:23 PM
2 of my boys are Eagle scouts and the other made it to life then bugged out. :o I've been to many, many weekly meetings, campouts, Klondikes and the whole shot. It was great watching them grow up around this environment learning things such as survival skills, swimming, canoeing, firearms training, rappeling, ect, that these rejects that call it gay missed out on because they were most likely wasting time on drugs or just hanging around doing nothing with their lives. I learned a lot myself being a participating parent. Sometimes you just have to look through that layer of negativity that others throw at you and be the person you really are instead of like them, trying so hard to be cool wasting time during the best portion of your life when you're young -

Moe
11-06-2006, 03:31 PM
i was one for a few years, it didnt fit me well. Im an athlete. around me, people who do boy scouts are kinda nerdy, my vote is for gay.

Way to feed sterotypes guy. It helps the world.

newkid
11-06-2006, 04:55 PM
I was in ti when I was younger and it was ok

vwjimmy
11-06-2006, 05:07 PM
There is nothing wrong about being a Boy Scout! I was an athlete and a BS.....and if you think learning about how to survive, help others, and be the kind of man that you can be proud of is gay....well, you have alot to learn about life...
A Scout is:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obiedent, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.

spyderpaintball
11-06-2006, 05:19 PM
Eagle Scout.

I enjoyed it until my troop was overrun by fat kids and their over protective mothers. We basically had to stop doing anything remotly dangerous due to the fact that thier mothers feared for their saftey. Im not talking anything dangerous stuff like sports, ect. That and the mothers decided to take over the troop and change it from a scout run troop to a mom run troop. I finally bugged out after a mom torn into me for reprimanding their son for (gosh forbid) doing something he wasnt supposed to,

durrell
11-06-2006, 05:20 PM
I was in Royal Rangers, which is basically the same. I earned my Gold Medal of Achievement which is equivalent to the Eagle Scout, got letters from the President, Congressmen, got a flag flown over the Capital in my honor..it was pretty sweet.

Gunny462
11-07-2006, 03:14 AM
There is nothing wrong about being a Boy Scout! I was an athlete and a BS.....and if you think learning about how to survive, help others, and be the kind of man that you can be proud of is gay....well, you have alot to learn about life...
A Scout is:
Trustworthy, Loyal, Helpful, Friendly, Courtious, Kind, Obiedent, Cheerful, Thrifty, Brave, Clean and Reverent.

And............. Hungry!

Geesh Gotta remind ya of the important one? ;)

silentpaintballfreak
11-07-2006, 04:05 AM
My town had Tiger Scouts. Basically a school run boy scouts. our school mascot was the tigers hence the name. It lasted long enough for a true boyscouts to start. Then that failed horrible because of the inresponsible leader guy. then my parents started one for my brother and it lasted 3years. Now there is none. But my Uncle runs one in Arkansas that i believe is pretty big.

splater18
11-07-2006, 05:05 AM
im a boy scout, and proud of it :D the one thing i would different about the whole BSA program thing is to make a paintball merit badge. apparently, its too "dangerous" even though the entire front half of every merit badge book is about safety it seems... even basketry... i work at a boy scout summer camp every summer, teaching merit badges to younger scouts. its an awesome job, even if the pay is low.

I have been to dallas where their headquarters is and talked with the guy who makes the merit badges. He told me there are literly thousands of letters asking to start a paintball merit badge. the only thing thats stoping it the insurance most councils insurance is not that great and thay just think its a bad idea.

This year my dad is going to run summer camp for our council that means Ill be in the booines 7 weeks straight helping out.

splater18
11-07-2006, 05:07 AM
And............. Hungry!

Geesh Gotta remind ya of the important one? ;)
you beat me to it :mad:

MadMan66
11-07-2006, 06:09 PM
I was in Royal Rangers, which is basically the same. I earned my Gold Medal of Achievement which is equivalent to the Eagle Scout, got letters from the President, Congressmen, got a flag flown over the Capital in my honor..it was pretty sweet.
hay, i was in that at my church! but they changed it when i was in the 5th grade. my best friend's dad is the leader of it at my church.

kidonfire
11-07-2006, 07:13 PM
I'm in a thing called the Aviation Explorers, that is associated with the boy scouts....

calebh
11-07-2006, 07:29 PM
I have been to dallas where their headquarters is and talked with the guy who makes the merit badges. He told me there are literly thousands of letters asking to start a paintball merit badge. the only thing thats stoping it the insurance most councils insurance is not that great and thay just think its a bad idea.

This year my dad is going to run summer camp for our council that means Ill be in the booines 7 weeks straight helping out.

sweet, which council?

i hadnt thought about the insurance issue, but it doesnt surprise me... oh well...

DRAGON
11-07-2006, 07:46 PM
Any time our troop had a paintball gathering, it was a non-scout activity for the same insurance reasons -

rowdyroper2003
11-07-2006, 08:07 PM
I'm an Eagle Scout, got it when I was 16...

It is a good program, but I disliked my time in it because my dad pushed me way too hard, and took all the fun out of it. I always had to do every possible merit badge offered, and always had to do other people's jobs when they didn't.

Plus, my dad picked out a troop that had its meetings on Friday nights, which totally sucked. I finally got enough "cajones" when I was a senior in high school to tell him I wasnt gonna waste anymore Fridays doing nothing at the meetings...

splater18
11-08-2006, 12:42 PM
Southeast louisiana council, Camp V- bar well we only have one

anyone trade-collect patches csp's ect.

Any time our troop had a paintball gathering, it was a non-scout activity for the same insurance reasons -

we have done that also as a group of "friends"

08Lud08
11-08-2006, 02:29 PM
Only reason I see it as gay because I see some kids at school (highschool) wearing uniform and they are loners. They dont talk to people and are afraid of everyone. If they talked to people and had friends and there were more people in boy scouts, people wouldnt see it as gay.

pbfreak3221
11-08-2006, 02:52 PM
I really don't see any reason to think that just because someone is wearing a peice of clothing representing a minority in the area, they are to be called gay. I mean in my school there in Massachusetts, people a kid wears a yankees jersey, and he doesn't get called gay.

DRAGON
11-08-2006, 03:16 PM
Only reason I see it as gay because I see some kids at school (highschool) wearing uniform and they are loners. They dont talk to people and are afraid of everyone. If they talked to people and had friends and there were more people in boy scouts, people wouldnt see it as gay.

I suppose you wouldn't notce but do you realize how absurd and that sounds? Scouts don't even normally wear uniforms anywhere else but to troop meetings or special events. If you never stopped to talk with these people, how do you know they have no friends? You sound like a real piece of work yourself lol - :rolleyes:

08Lud08
11-08-2006, 03:42 PM
because when They don't talk to anyone and when you try to get a conversation going they end it. and wander by themselves at lunch. I know some people in boyscouts that arent like that but most of them are like that in my school.

pbfreak3221
11-08-2006, 03:47 PM
Can you honestly say that you have attempted to have a conversation with them?