PDA

View Full Version : Speedball with a remote?

RomeNYRR
11-06-2006, 08:08 AM
so does anybody here play speedball with a remote (the line that connects to your tank hooked up to a harness)? Is it comfortable? just wanted to get a feel on how people feel about remotes.

bamf-hacker
11-06-2006, 08:29 AM
I use a remote for my woodsball gun, Sara, but I would not recommend it for speedball.

You can not play switch easily with the remote on the gun, since the hose come out on one side of your body.

silentpaintballfreak
11-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Remote+Speedball=NO NO. Harder reload shoot at the same time. Harder to Walk trigger.

bamf-hacker
11-06-2006, 05:51 PM
Remote+Speedball=NO NO. Harder reload shoot at the same time. Harder to Walk trigger.

Just wondering, how does the remote make it harder to walk the trigger. I can walk just fine on my Sara with the remote.

Just wondering what you mean, no demining here.

silentpaintballfreak
11-06-2006, 05:56 PM
i mean that when i ran remote with my imagine it was harder for me to walk the trigger because it was more wieght resting on my hand. with a tank i can use my left hand to push the tank into my shoulder and not have to support any weight with my right hand.

bracer028
11-06-2006, 05:58 PM
yea how many of you guys use remotes...i just bought one...will i regret it...i don't play speedball

vwjimmy
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
I use a remote on my milsim....
it works great :)

bamf-hacker
11-06-2006, 06:03 PM
i mean that when i ran remote with my imagine it was harder for me to walk the trigger because it was more wieght resting on my hand. with a tank i can use my left hand to push the tank into my shoulder and not have to support any weight with my right hand.

Gotcha....

yea how many of you guys use remotes...i just bought one...will i regret it...i don't play speedball

Nope a remote is not a bad thing. I like mine for my Woodsball gun. The stock is what I used to shoulder the gun and it takes the weight of the tank off the gun. Just make sure to maintain the remote like you would the marker. Keep the o-rings lubed and if you have a slide check on your remote, put some dow33 on the slide to keep it moving smooth.

Now back on topic> Speedball and Remotes.

Muddytaco
11-06-2006, 06:47 PM
IMO people use remotes to take the weight off for long woodball games, therefore it is not needed in a game that lasts 2 min.

badlandsrox
11-06-2006, 06:52 PM
i use them for speedball, it just keeps the bulk on the gun down, and makes it easier for running, plus it looks good too, which never hurts :)

Ace24
11-06-2006, 07:03 PM
i use them for speedball, it just keeps the bulk on the gun down, and makes it easier for running, plus it looks good too, which never hurts :)

You dont switch hands often do you?

I find a remote pointless in speedball... mainly because the initial point of a remote is to get the bulk of the gun down for long games. Speedball is quick. You have a break inbetween games and you dont have the gun in your hands constantly. If I had a tank on my gun while playing a 24 hour scenario game, my arms would be puddy.

Speedball w/Remote = No
Scenario/Woodsball w/Remote = Yes

Hossy
11-06-2006, 07:13 PM
IMO people use remotes to take the weight off for long woodball games, therefore it is not needed in a game that lasts 2 min.

i agree with what Muddytaco said.

i need the room for pods on my back, 4 pods wont do anything, i play backman, so i go through soo much paint in some games its incredible.

Im not saying i can afford to shoot 1000's of rounds of paint a game, im not a pro. i do tho shoot quite a bit in some games, not as many in some other games, and that my tank isnt all that heavy, its easier for me just to put the tank on the gun

badlandsrox
11-06-2006, 07:37 PM
if your playing front (or with a bunch of noobs for that matter) it makes the gun alot more manouverable in between bunkers

silentpaintballfreak
11-07-2006, 05:03 AM
noobs with remotes= big trouble with the refs. over shooting, blind shooting, even pointblankin the refs without knowing there there.
I play long 8+hours games with my tank. But it doesnt phase me. Im a big boy.

RomeNYRR
11-07-2006, 05:33 AM
thank you for all your replies, and now i know the pros and cons of a remote. i dont have a mil sim marker yet, but i'm planning on buying myself a remote for my vs3 because this weekend i'm going woodsballin. yay or nay?

Ace24
11-07-2006, 09:59 AM
if your playing front (or with a bunch of noobs for that matter) it makes the gun alot more manouverable in between bunkers
I dont see how. I play front. I wouldnt be able to stand a remote screwing me up when switching hands and trying to move fast. It just doesnt work. IMO you look really stupid and noobish with one too.

noobs with remotes= big trouble with the refs. over shooting, blind shooting, even pointblankin the refs without knowing there there.
I play long 8+hours games with my tank. But it doesnt phase me. Im a big boy.
When I reff, I get shot by that alot. Only most of the kids are doing it with tanks on their guns... :dodgy:

As to buying the remote for the VS3 for woodsballing, go for it! Thats a situation where its nice to have one. Just dont use it in speedball...

Gunny462
11-07-2006, 11:47 AM
I use a remote for woods but don't for SB. Another factor to consider about SB IMO is that you want to be able to quick change tanks if need be (between sets), woods you can carry an extra with ya and not mind the weight or where you place it.

Hob Hayward
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Gotta put my thoughts in. Without a stock on your gun or a tank you have no way to steady the gun. I like the feel of the tank as a stock on my shoulder, the barrel linesup right with my eyes. I'm not an M4 stock fan, or any stock that doesn't come from the bottom of the gripframe.

badlandsrox
11-07-2006, 04:13 PM
well the remot i have is fairly long so i can switch hands easy, and it still hads lots of room too go