PDA

View Full Version : In Memory of Anthony Brown....

shunut
11-06-2006, 07:09 AM
My best friends brother, Anthony was shot and killed last night. Some kids he was hanging out with had been in a fight with some other kids last week. Last night the kids showed up to retaliate. After I fight broke out one of the kids pulled out a gun and started shooting. Anthony was shot twice, once in the chest and once in the back. He was not involved in the altercation a week prior just in the wrong place at the wrong time.

Anthony was a good kid, straight A student, never in any trouble. He will be missed by all.

He came out to Arizona every summer to spend time with his brother and we always had a good time and I have many memories of him, all good that I will keep with me forever.

Love you Anthony...

Jegger24
11-06-2006, 07:20 AM
My prayers are with you and Anthony's family. May he rest in peace.

RomeNYRR
11-06-2006, 07:22 AM
I'm sorry to hear that. My prayers are with you and his family. RIP Anthony

Gunny462
11-06-2006, 07:30 AM
Sorry to hear about the loss. Prayers to you and your friend.

durrell
11-06-2006, 08:56 AM
I went through the same thing Memorial Day weekend, just a different situation..

Prayers go out to you and Anthony's family, man. :(

Drefish99
11-06-2006, 09:04 AM
Sad to see the end of such a young life. Never know when you will go. Prayers for you and your friends and loved ones that were close to him. That they may some how use this tragedy and turn it into blessings for Anthony's memory.

bamf-hacker
11-06-2006, 09:06 AM
heart felt thoughts for you and his family.

shunut
11-06-2006, 09:59 AM
http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/custom/newsroom/chi-061106streamwood,1,5627201.story?coll=chi-news-hed

That the article that is in the Chicago Tribune. I guess its been all over the news. I just came from my friends house and they called and said an arrest was made.

Thank you all.

shunut
11-09-2006, 06:22 PM
2 men were charged in my friend's murder.

1 was charged with 1st degree murder, the other with attempted murder.

Here is the article in the Trib:

Two Elgin men upset because they thought they had been cheated in a drug deal were charged Wednesday with killing a Streamwood High School senior who had nothing to do with the deal but stepped into a confrontation to protect a friend, Cook County prosecutors said.

Anthony Brown, 17, was in the wrong place at the wrong time Sunday when he was shot three times, said Michael Gerber, an assistant state's attorney.

Charged with first-degree murder and attempted murder were Daniel Vargas, 20, of the 400 block of North Aldine Street, and David Luna, 19, whose last known address was in the 2000 block of Aronomink Circle, authorities said.

Authorities said that on Sunday afternoon, Vargas and Luna met one of Brown's teenage friends in the parking lot of a fast-food restaurant in Schaumburg. The suspects gave the teen nearly $2,000 to buy marijuana for them and waited 1 1/2 hours in the parking lot, Gerber said.

When the teen failed to deliver, Vargas and Luna decided to go to the teen's Streamwood home, Gerber said.

At that point, Gerber said, Vargas told Luna: "I don't want the money. I don't want the stuff. I want to get [the teenager]."

Armed with a .22-caliber pistol, the suspects walked to the garage where the teen was hanging out with Brown and others.

"The victim tried to calm things down," Gerber said. "He had nothing to do with the drug deal."

Brown grabbed Vargas when he saw him reach inside his coat, Gerber said. Vargas pushed away, pulled out a pistol and shot Brown once in the chest at nearly point-blank range, Gerber said. Brown stumbled into the garage, where Vargas shot him twice more, in the back and side, Gerber said. As Luna and Vargas ran to their car, Vargas fired once more, nearly hitting another person, Gerber said. The teen the men had come to confront was unharmed, he said.

Brown, of the 200 block of Cypress Drive, Streamwood, died later Sunday at St. Alexius Medical Center in Hoffman Estates.

"Basically, these were two guys trying to get money, and it cost my son's life," said Brown's father, Mark. "The fact that they're in custody and charged is a great relief."

Brown, 40, said his son was trying to look out for his friends.

"He wouldn't let [the gunmen] come in the house," Brown said, as he fingered a braided gold chain around his neck that police found in the front yard after the shooting.

His son had worn the chain the night he died, Brown said.

"It's something I can wear the rest of my life and have a reminder of my wonderful kid," he said.

Bail for Vargas was set at $3 million during a hearing in the Rolling Meadows branch of Circuit Court. Bail for Luna was set at $2 million.

Vargas and Luna attempted to flee west on U.S. Highway 20 after the shooting, said Streamwood Deputy Police Chief Jim Gremo. Police saw the car and began to follow it when it went off the highway near Naperville Road in Bartlett, Gremo said.

Luna was taken into custody at the scene, and a gun was found in the car, Gremo said. Vargas was arrested Monday, he said.

Moe
11-09-2006, 07:09 PM
Wow, not far from where my hometown is. I've played football games at streamwood highschool. Cook county is not the place to hang out.:thumbdown: It is aweful to hear the news. Senseless killing is terrible.

Theheroguy
11-09-2006, 07:15 PM
Sorry for your loss

They should get life. They had no respect for life and deserve theirs takin away and made example of for criminals.

I didn't wish for death life in prison is much worse

CareBear-Killer
11-09-2006, 07:32 PM
I'm sorry for loss and pain you, your family, and your friends family are all going through.

I am glad that they caught the !@#$-Bleeping-!@#$ !@#$-Bleeps-@#$% that did this. While I don't specifically wish or hope for death for anyone, I do hope that these goons gets exactly what they deserve, whatever it may be.

shunut
11-10-2006, 07:22 AM
I lived in Joliet until I was 8, then Gurnee until I was 15 so I know about the area. Funeral is today. I hope that these 2 live the rest of their lives behind bars and that they get "Bubba" as a cellmate.