PDA

View Full Version : Alamo City Bolts, anyone have one yet?

new_Faction64
11-05-2006, 04:17 PM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any ACP bolts on their MR2 yet? I'm looking to get one soon to improve efficiency and get rid of the stupid ACS mechanism. Thx.

pbgrandpa
11-06-2006, 03:59 AM
Hey everyone,

I was just wondering if anyone has any ACP bolts on their MR2 yet? I'm looking to get one soon to improve efficiency and get rid of the stupid ACS mechanism. Thx.I e-mailed them this morning with a question about the bolt. If they get back to me with the right answer I'll be getting one.

new_Faction64
11-06-2006, 11:12 AM
I e-mailed them this morning with a question about the bolt. If they get back to me with the right answer I'll be getting one.

LOL what might that question be?

Might wanna try calling them if you want an answer very quickly, I called once, I think, and got answers nice and fast.

pbgrandpa
11-06-2006, 01:45 PM
LOL what might that question be?

Might wanna try calling them if you want an answer very quickly, I called once, I think, and got answers nice and fast.They got back to me right away. I was surprised. Wanted to make sure it came with the striker pin.

new_Faction64
11-06-2006, 01:57 PM
They got back to me right away. I was surprised. Wanted to make sure it came with the striker pin.

Nice, I wanted to know that too, but I sorta assumed it did.

Let me know how the bolt is when you get it. Did you have problems w/ the stock bolt at all?

Maxx-Damage
11-06-2006, 02:09 PM
Are u guys talking about the low blow bolt or the regular bolt? Im starting to become more curios about a diffrent bolt considering im getting the Q-loader, and supposivly it doesnt play well with the stock bolt.

pbgrandpa
11-06-2006, 02:36 PM
The regular bolt. I wanted one with o-rings to try and help with effeciency.

new_Faction64
11-06-2006, 02:50 PM
Are u guys talking about the low blow bolt or the regular bolt? Im starting to become more curios about a diffrent bolt considering im getting the Q-loader, and supposivly it doesnt play well with the stock bolt.

regular.

I found a TON of information about the low-blow bolt on Airakon's Forums (sp?) Sgt. Slaughter there has a big thread on it.

Here's a few points about the low blow:
-it works, it does add distance and flatten out trajectory, but obviously nothing like a flatline, still pretty awesome
-it is a very big gas hog, because of the design, alot more gas is needed to keep the ball up to speed...people were reporting very big FPS drops after installing it

Maxx-Damage
11-06-2006, 03:06 PM
Darn, i really like the idea but being gas efficient is more important and i can get better distance when i get a new barrel. Thanks

Alien
11-06-2006, 03:34 PM
so what do you suggest ? buy the alamo bolt?

Hob Hayward
11-06-2006, 04:00 PM
Darn, i really like the idea but being gas efficient is more important and i can get better distance when i get a new barrel. Thanks

Barrels other than the Apex and Flatline do not contribute to the distance you fire. A shot at 285 fps from one barrel will go the same distance as one coming from a different barrel at 285 fps.

Maxx-Damage
11-06-2006, 05:49 PM
Barrels other than the Apex and Flatline do not contribute to the distance you fire. A shot at 285 fps from one barrel will go the same distance as one coming from a different barrel at 285 fps.
Ive planned on getting a Apex M16 barrel for my gun since pbgrandpa said it will work.

Alien
11-15-2006, 12:56 PM
where did i saw that . a guys was talking about the low blow bolt, if someone could refers me .... thx you

pbgrandpa
11-19-2006, 04:35 AM
Well i ordered my bolt last week and it should be here soon. Can't wait to get it. Hopefully it will help efficency a bit.

Alien
11-19-2006, 03:50 PM
why the mr1 bolt would increase the velocity ....

pbgrandpa
11-20-2006, 12:20 PM
Well my bolt came today. Niccce!!!! ;) It didn't come with the pin like they said,:mad: but taking the pin out of the ACS bolt was no problem. 3 o-rings should help w/effecency.

new_Faction64
11-20-2006, 02:43 PM
why the mr1 bolt would increase the velocity ....

It would increase efficiency because of the o-rings. With the ACS bolt, there are no o-rings and gas can go around the bolt, where it's not nessesarily supposed to be going. it can even go out the back of the marker, which is a waste of gas. Essentially, less gas is being directed at the ball.

Alien
11-21-2006, 08:38 AM
ok thx you

Halucin8
11-21-2006, 10:10 PM
i just got the low-blow bolt monday for my pilot acs. I got the rear cocking one and had them mill an extra ball detent in it. i will post a review of it hopefully sunday night. It has been raining here for 2 days and is supposed to keep at it through thanksgiving. so I hope to be able to play sunday.

mtmichaelson
11-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Hey pbgrandpa, did yours have the third o-ring over the detent slot? Did you have to take it off, or will it break the detent?

pbgrandpa
11-25-2006, 08:15 AM
Yea it was over the dentent slot. I just left it on for the time being, for I haven't done any real serious testing yet. I'll probably end up taking it off if it starts tearing up dentents.

Alien
11-27-2006, 08:33 AM
if u want some stuff . i sell a SWat helmet and a apex barrels in the sales corners price in canadian dollar. :) advantage for you to the us

Halucin8
11-28-2006, 09:07 AM
review is up in the members review area of the "Low-Blow" bolt