PDA

View Full Version : not firing

00nothing
11-05-2006, 09:13 AM
posting this for someone from my field he jsut got a brand new pilot and it will not fire at all the sear is trying to trip but it just wont release the stryker

my first answer was to start screwing with it and mod away but unfortunatly he is a kid and his father wants nothing to do with any mods he feels that he should not have to fix something to make a brand new gun work and i agree with him

In this case also the customer service has been less than stellar the guy who runs our field has left msgs and has yet to receive a response from customer service addressing the problem

any thoughts or fixes that do not require any changes to the guns stock parts

Halucin8
11-05-2006, 10:33 AM
did he install the 9.6 rechargeable battery in the marker and charge it for 6-8 hours? A standard 9 volt will not work. The only time my pilot acts like what your talking aout is when the battery is low

JMotioN
11-05-2006, 11:44 AM
id call kingman yourself too. try the battery like he said

MVS1
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
With no airtank attached to the marker will it cock and fire???

00nothing
11-06-2006, 07:21 AM
no air or not it will not release the stryker

yes it was given a full charge and he is only using the battery that came with it

nbishop66
11-06-2006, 04:01 PM
Try pulling out the bolt and striker. This will relieve the tension between the striker and the sear and see if the solenoid will cycle without any pressure applied on it. If it won't then then I'd say it might be a problem with the electronics(solenoid, capacitor...). Also if you pull the grip frame off and try to fire it, this would be the same.

Hob Hayward
11-06-2006, 04:51 PM
Try putting a dime behind the solenoid(or noid for short), that reduces the distance that the piston will need to travel to trip the sear, and it might work. Also make sure the battery is fully charged.

Chief7991
11-13-2006, 11:47 AM
Try removing the grips and reseat the jumper on the board, and see if that does the trick.

andyahunt
12-07-2006, 06:49 PM
i had the same exact problem, tell him to loosen up the screws on the grip