PDA

View Full Version : Saddam sentenced to Hanging

xtraking
11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6117910.stm
Little note for all the people who aren't that informed on the topic. The U.S. had nothing to do with the trial, besides finding Saddam. The trial is being held by Iraqis.

durrell
11-05-2006, 08:52 AM
I hope he suffers before he dies.

Gunny462
11-05-2006, 08:55 AM
http://news.bbc.co.uk/2/hi/middle_east/6117910.stm
Little note for all the people who aren't that informed on the topic. The U.S. had nothing to do with the trial, besides finding Saddam. The trial is being held by Iraqis.

The mis-informed (Dems) are saying it's political (of course) due to the fact that it's coming out just before voting week buuuut.... it's been announced for over a week that they'd be coming out witha verdict this week sometime.

Saddam's going to need a new tailor and get resized for a new neck size.:flag: :news:

xtraking
11-05-2006, 08:57 AM
The mis-informed (Dems) are saying it's political (of course) due to the fact that it's coming out just before voting week buuuut.... it's been announced for over a week that they'd be coming out witha verdict this week sometime.

Saddam's going to need a new tailor and get resized for a new neck size.:flag: :news:
DUDE ITS GUNNNY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

xtraking
11-05-2006, 09:08 AM
http://video.google.com/videoplay?docid=223311391769949547&q=Saddam+sentenced
There is the segment of Saddam being sentenced. I know its a bunch of agabalalbaba but its pretty amusing to watch.

Gunny462
11-05-2006, 09:15 AM
Duuuuuuuuuuuuuuuude!!

Stand up, sit down.. stand up sit down ahhhhhh shuddddddup!

Wonder how tall he'll be when he's dead? :D

DRAGON
11-05-2006, 09:22 AM
Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy! Weeeeeeeeeeeeeeee! I'm in hopes that they incinerate his remains afterwards, :flame: flush them down the toilet and send him straight back to hell where he came from(ref: South Park) - :devil:

●JUSTIN●
11-05-2006, 09:47 AM

Because what happened two weeks ago wouldn't affect the elections. :rolleyes:

Nothing will be resolved by his death, nothing will be changed other than a guy who's been in prison for the past couple of years will get executed. That's it.

Shiites and Sunniis will still be at ends, Iraq will still be the same, dismal, hellhole that it is, and America will gain nothing from this. If we're there to liberate and westernize the Iraqi people, society, and government, then it would be hypocritical of us to even allow a hanging, possibly a nationally televised hanging at that, to take part. Why keep sending mixed messages, saying one thing and doing the other? Why claim to be westernizing the Iraqi people yet encourage them in practicing forms of capital punsihment that the western world has deemed inhumane?

We can only lose in this deal...there's nothing to gain...

MVS1
11-05-2006, 10:12 AM
We? Who cares what we gain from this, this isn't about us it's about Iraq and the Iraqi people. He will be executed by their laws not ours, it seems to me to be hypocritical to complain about "us" trying to westernize their nation and then turn around and criticize them for carrying out their laws. By the way the Iraqi people elected their own government, ratified their own costitution, a jury of Iraqi's passed down a verdict on their former leader and his subordinates and an Iraqi judge sentenced them. If westernizing Iraq means giving them the right and ability to voice their opinions without fear of being executed or imprisoned, to be able to voice their desire as to who will represent them in their parliment, and to live in a free and prospurous country then I guess that's what we are doing, and we should be ashamed of ourselves.

And by the way have you been to Iraq??? I have and it is not a dismal hellhole. I found it to be an intriguing country full of culutral diversity and history and a proud people that finally after decades of oppression are beginning to see a brighter future for themselves and their loved ones. But of course you don't see that on CNN.

DRAGON
11-05-2006, 10:20 AM
.............. Why claim to be westernizing the Iraqi people yet encourage them in practicing forms of capital punsihment that the western world has deemed inhumane?

Funny, they still take out hard criminals here in Florida. It looks like not all of the western world shares the same idealisms now do they? An eye for an eye my friend and if they take out Saddam he's still ahead by thousands and thousands. You really don't think this guy deserves to die do you? - :rolleyes:

splater18
11-05-2006, 10:43 AM
I hope he suffers before he dies.

For a long long time

Gunny462
11-05-2006, 11:18 AM
Because what happened two weeks ago wouldn't affect the elections. :rolleyes:

Nothing will be resolved by his death, nothing will be changed other than a guy who's been in prison for the past couple of years will get executed. That's it.

Shiites and Sunniis will still be at ends, Iraq will still be the same, dismal, hellhole that it is, and America will gain nothing from this. If we're there to liberate and westernize the Iraqi people, society, and government, then it would be hypocritical of us to even allow a hanging, possibly a nationally televised hanging at that, to take part. Why keep sending mixed messages, saying one thing and doing the other? Why claim to be westernizing the Iraqi people yet encourage them in practicing forms of capital punsihment that the western world has deemed inhumane?

Westernize? Who's using those words???? Common knowledge that he has been on trial, common knowledge that a verdict would be reached this week, not common knowledge that we are westernizing Iraq, Iran, North Korea, BFE and Hell.

Who encourages them to televise beheadings? Helllllooooo, their TV stations (aka Al Jazeera) are not owned and operated by americans. Do you see the Amnesty Inc, HRO, or any of the others going to Iraq or anywhere else and saying "Hey Stop beheading people!" Nope, people like them end up with live nades in their pockets or blindfolded and pitched off rooftops. Reporters who support that type of news coverage get their throats cut (televised).

People who support beliefs should, up to a point. Find out the facts for yourself. Guard the border, go to Iraq, join the service, serve your country as a page, do something except take some disgruntled teacher's rantings as truths.

Daddy360
11-05-2006, 11:39 AM
Geez its about time that their going to kill him. I been waiting since the day they caught him. I only wish i could be in the front to see him dangle in mid air.

DRAGON
11-05-2006, 11:41 AM
Ooooooooooooooooweeeeeeeeeee! :gunnypwnt: -

calebh
11-05-2006, 12:53 PM
serve your country as a page

no, thanks. im the only guy whos gonna be groping me... ever...

wow, that sounds kind of bad rofl

it's been announced for over a week that they'd be coming out witha verdict this week sometime

and anyone who cared could have looked up the date for the elction this year shortly after they wrote the constitution

Eaglelox
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
Hang'em High, Him and the buddies he road in with. Ropes cheap.

i think hanging is still legal in Washington. maybe I'm wrong.

MVS1
11-05-2006, 02:17 PM
You know the good thing about rope??? It's re-usable, bullets are cheap but only good once.

pbfreak3221
11-05-2006, 02:29 PM
I don't think that he should be hung, I know that he is a terrible man, but they should do it in a more civil way.

vwjimmy
11-05-2006, 02:47 PM
We do have something to lose....estimates say about 9 billion a month in war costs....and lots of Americian lives.....
But some have something to gain...companies like Halaburton are getting quite fat...

08Lud08
11-05-2006, 02:57 PM
If they want to do it better they can hang him light him on fire and have him stoned to death at the same time. I say you get what you deserve.

xtraking
11-05-2006, 03:11 PM
i think hanging is still legal in Washington. maybe I'm wrong.
Washington and New Hampshire. Billy Bailey was the last hanged and that was in 96 in delaware who banned it in 96. Yeah we just talked about this in history haha.