PDA

View Full Version : im new to paintball and have a few question

emmit
11-04-2006, 10:02 AM
hi i just got a sypder Imagine for my Brithday today and was looking for a stock
for it and a Barrel can some one help me with what would be the best one to get for this gun. thx for the help from more Knowledge players

Hossy
11-04-2006, 10:12 AM
a stock?
do you have a loader or hopper, same thing but thats one thing you have to have.
A good barrell is a barrel that matches the paint you will like to use. For cheap money, id say get a teardrop, i have one of those and like it, but if you want to go wayy up, get a freak barrel kit, great thing to have.

Also make sure u have a mask, so you dont get hurt playing.

emmit
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
no i dotn have a loader or hopper but iv been looking in too a Agitated Hopper this is the one my bother told me was a good one Ricochet RHINO Electronic Paintball Black Hopper Loader but theres so many to choses from i have not made my mind up on it yet

and if any one has a web links to shop from it would help for all i have close to me for paint ball supplies is walmat and kmart thx again

Hossy
11-04-2006, 10:42 AM
www.carolinapbs.com

the person who owns that, is a Moderator on these forums. Hes a great guy, and will give u expert service.

id say get an Egg, it is an A+ loader.

http://www.carolinapbs.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=1080

thats a direct link. PM him, his name is Durrell on here. He may have an Egg 2 still for sale, which would cost less.

pbfreak3221
11-04-2006, 10:47 AM
Ok first of, Welcome to the forums. I think deffinetly before worrying about getting a stock, you should look into the Evlution (egg) hopper. There are many cheap masks, out there but don't just go for the cheapest, first one you see. The mask is one of the most important item to have.

Paradox313
11-04-2006, 10:48 AM
Welcome to the forums

First thing to get is a mask. Whatever you do don't get the cheap ones, they are never reliable. Get a more "higher end" mask with great reviews. Try this site to find something that suits you.

http://www.pbreview.com/products/cat/46/

Next thing to get is a tank. Now running a marker especially a spyder, on CO2 is ok, but not always recommended. Try getting a Compressed air tank, such as a PMI 48/300 steel tank or a 72/3000. Now those are about the cheapest nitro tanks you can find ranging from $50-$100 depending on last hydro date, usage, and care.

Just about the last thing you should get is a hopper or loader. Since the new Evolution 3 came out Evolution 2's (nicknamed eggs, or eggys) should be decreasing in price. Having a marker feed rate of 17 bps thats not bad for $35+, cause most people cant do 17 bps without ramping.
I haven't used the Apache loaders, but i have heard some good things about them. Personally i hate the whole looks of the loader.
But if you want really fast get a HaloB made by Oddyssey or a ReloaderB made by empire, which is basically a HaloB but a tad upgraded.

Keep in mind this is all my opinion and paintball is based on skill not equipment.
But you need good equipment to have good skills.

Look around the internet a bit and im sure youll find great prices.

But whatever you do never used Pyramid sites, orderpaintball.com or any other site with horrible reviews
Before you make a purchase from a company ask yourself these questions

1) Is this a good buy?
2) Can i find it for cheaper prices?
3) How is their shipping/handling?
4) Will they cheat me?

Just know any question here is always a good question as long as you use the search button before you ask it to make sure it hasnt been answered before

Hossy
11-04-2006, 11:23 AM
But you need good equipment to have good skills.

no dont listen to him.

just for the record, all you need is a tank, Co2 is cheap and will work on your gun, a loader, and paintballs of course, to have all the fun you want to have on your first day of play.

id suggest to get a Gravity fed loader first, unless you want an agitated one, then spend more money on that.

Co2 tanks are sooo cheap, and preform fine. A good one to get is a 20 oz one.

your gun came with an elbow, which is a clear plastic thing. make sure u dont loose that.

they have 15 dollar ones that work fine, but that arent tooo "high end" but they will do fine. my first mask was a Proteus, and i still love that one, and there cheap now, where along time ago they werent.

But most importantly, have fun with your new gun! and post and search if you need help

Ace24
11-04-2006, 12:43 PM
First upgrades I would get if I were you are a good barrel, E-hopper, and a good mask, also a new feedneck.

For a mask for a beginner I think V-force Vantages are good. They are cheap, yet somewhat comfortable. More comfortable then alot of JT goggle systems.

For a hopper, Look into a Viewloader Evlution. They are cheap, yet amazing hoppers. They wont break your bank.

For a barrel go with a J&J Ceramic 14" barrel. You dont need any longer then 14" no matter what anyone says. Its not air efficent, and all it does is give the ball maybe a couple extra feet. The largest I would EVER go is 16. Those 21" sniper barrels are a joke, so dont get fooled by them.

One of the most important of the 4 is the feedneck. On an Imagine you have those stupid plastic feednecks that will break with any e-hopper you put on. A good one is a must have. I would say a Trinity T-lock or a CCM Clamping feedneck are two of my favs.

The J&J Ceramic retails at about $30
The Revolution retails at about $59
The V-force Vantage retails at about $25
The Feedneck retails at about $30

www.actionvillage.com has great prices and alot of selection.

Hossy
11-04-2006, 12:58 PM
pmed you back bud.

just for the record, id suggest a 12 or 14 inch barrel, just like Ace said

Ace24
11-04-2006, 01:04 PM
I remember when I was a noob... Now I am the question answerer... I feel old. :(

druid
11-04-2006, 09:39 PM
I remember when I was a noob... Now I am the question answerer... I feel old. :(

that's ok...yer still a noob to me... :lol:

seriously...emmit, listen to me...1. Mask 2. Hopper 3. Barrel 4. HPA tank (instead of CO2)

MASK -
There are a few things you need to understand about masks.

Thermal lenses fog LESS than single pane
NOT ALL MASKS FIT THE SAME AS OTHERS
Each manufacturer has subtle differences in the construction like peripheral view, soft/hard ears, etc.
A mask is not just a mask. It is what WILL prevent you from going blind so long as you take care of it
Lenses are to be replaced EVERY YEAR...or after a (near) point blank shot to it. Different masks have different lense mounting designs...some are more difficult to replace than othersWhat this means is you should buy a mask
(1)with thermal lenses that
(2) FITS YOUR FACE AND HEAD PROPERLY for
(3) MAXINUM COMFORT and visibility because
(4) a paintball WILL take out your eye if it comes off and you get shot and
(5) you need to replace the lenses as often as needed for your maximum safety but have an easier time when you do replace them.

HOPPER -
Any hopper that feeds at a rate of around 15bps (or more) is what you are looking for. Make or model means little but I'd go through the Carolina PB link provided to you above. He IS an awesome dude to make purchases from.

BARREL -
Any barrel you like that's NOT more than 14" long. J&J, CP, SP barrels are nice. Pick one that appeals to you. Again, CPBS is your man to buy from.

HPA TANK -
You'll be better off in the long run. Keep your CO2 as back-ups for when the AIR goes dry but get yourself a nice 68/4500 HP (high Pressure) HPA tank. It's better on the marker (cleaner), is more consistant than CO2 (fps changes due to it's cold/spiking nature) and you can use HPA year round (winter ball). Look in my sig for tanks.

Gee Tee
11-05-2006, 12:49 AM
A good quality set of knee and elbow pads are worth having - a mate was off work for months after his knee got smashed by a sharp flint. Also a good set of gloves - finger shots are a killer especially on cold hands.

Paradox313
11-05-2006, 02:14 PM
A good quality set of knee and elbow pads are worth having - a mate was off work for months after his knee got smashed by a sharp flint. Also a good set of gloves - finger shots are a killer especially on cold hands.

All internal safety equipment should be the last thing to buy next to cleats

I really doubt a noob will imitate superman any time soon.