PDA

View Full Version : Vs2 Problem....

scpres1
11-04-2006, 09:19 AM
Ok, as you all know, I have a Spyder VS2. I think I have an Air leak. Well I just played the other day at the field, so I came home and took apart everything to clean it. Well I dont have any Oil, so I havn't been lubing the o-rings and stuff. Well now when I hook up the Marker to an Air Tank, It shoots once, and uncocks itself. Almost like its out of air. Yes the Tank is screwed in all the way, and Yes the Tank On Knob is fully turned on. Any Ideas?:confused:

CareBear-Killer
11-04-2006, 10:22 AM
If you haven't been using any oil when you clean the marker, its possible you may have a bad o-ring somewhere.

do you hear air leaking anywhere, or feel it anywhere?

scpres1
11-04-2006, 11:03 AM
No i dont hear or feel it anwhere. its just like I said above, When I shoot it with the tank on, It shoots, then Un-cocks itself.

Ares
11-04-2006, 11:07 AM
you need to oil the striker o-ring. if its dry, it doesnt recock

SharpObjects
11-04-2006, 12:13 PM
Might I ask what PSI you are running at? I heard that it might have a hard time at 200psi. Just a guess.

Drefish99
11-04-2006, 12:45 PM
Contact Kingman so they can document this problem. This has been happening a lot.

OOB
11-04-2006, 01:38 PM
you need to oil the striker o-ring. if its dry, it doesnt recock

I have read about this alot and the quoted solution fixes almost all the cases. The rest have been breaking in the reg and the gun it self. Since you said you have no oil or lube, Get some. The gun will not work right with out it. Take the gun apart and lube/oil it up. If you dont use lube/oil you will ruin the o-rings and have to get new ones.

badlandsrox
11-04-2006, 02:09 PM
where did you get your tank filled?, you didnt happen to fill it with your own air compressor, or a gas station compressor did you?

00nothing
11-04-2006, 02:16 PM
where did you get your tank filled?, you didnt happen to fill it with your own air compressor, or a gas station compressor did you?

I know this shouldnt be funny but :lolsign: a firend of mine actually tried to do this the other day and couldt figure out why he couldt fill his tank fortunatly he was smart enuff to bleed the water out of the comprressor before he started

badlandsrox
11-04-2006, 02:45 PM
well its not uncommon, to have it happen, alot of people who get new guns, and HPA get it, because they think that they can fill it up at home for free, plus they have it whenever they want, like last night i went paintballing at a "youth night" where you can only get in if your under 18, but anyway, this kid had a brand new angel, he was just taking it out of the package when he got there, gets it all set up, then puts on his air tank (which he filled at home with a compressor :dodgy: which didnt work... i wonder why :dodgy:) then he took it to the front asking them how to get it too work, and the guys like, it just needs to be refilled, the kids like wtf?? this tank is a peice of ****, and the guys like what? hes like i filled it up at home, and now its empty?? then the guy explained to him everything and also said if he was so new to paintbal then why'd he gotten an angel and stuff, then the kids like **** I get a new gun, and first this $250 tanks a peice of ****, and second all you people here are mad at me just cuz i get an angel as my first gun. then he said im just gonna get a CO2 tank for this thing (the guy workin the counter said nothing, cuz he figured that the guy would throw another fit, and second, he felt he deserved to ruin his gun. Then, the kid tried to get on with the beginners with and ANGEL of all things (the guy said you may be new, but your not getting on with that gun. also, they wouldnt even let me on with my triad into begginers, cuz i wanted to play with my friend whos new, and we also just wanted to own some noobs lol, so i played one game with my electra, then went to get a rental so i could play in begginers :))

Sorry for my horrible paragraph with like no grammer or anything, im jsut really bad at putting events into writing :)

scpres1
11-04-2006, 05:25 PM
OK thanks, I'll oil it and see what happens. And no, i did not fill my own Tank, I only let the Paintball shops do that.

scpres1
11-04-2006, 07:39 PM
Well, I oiled the Striker O-Ring, and tryed it. it did not solve the problem.

Any other ideas?

OOB
11-04-2006, 07:48 PM
did you oil all the parts that require oil? Stupid question yes but ya never know...

what is the psi at in the tank and on the gun?

badlandsrox
11-04-2006, 08:11 PM
are you sure the tank is full?

scpres1
11-04-2006, 11:07 PM
No the tank is not full, it has about 1,000 PSI in the Tank. Also the only thing I oiled was the Striker O-Ring. What else should I oil?

CareBear-Killer
11-05-2006, 12:59 AM
if you've had it apart... i'd throw a little oil on the bolt as well. The bolt may be a little too dry... After you oil, see if you can easily move the bolt and striker back and forth... not far enough back to cock it but up to just about that point. if they seem to glide pretty easily (aside from the spring tension) then throw your tank on and see.

I think this is only a lube/oil problem, but if you still have issues take a good look at the orings and make sure they're still in good condition... make sure they're not frayed or partially torn/ripped or worn down in any spots. At 1000psi, you should still be good and shouldn't have recocking issues. The only other thing I could think to try would be to move your operating pressure up a little past 200... maybe 210 or 220 just to see if a little more air in the marker solves it. 10-20 more psi really won't make a noticable difference on air effiency and as the marker breaks in you should be able to lower the pressure back down to 200.

Also bandlands & 00nothing... some people do have the ability to fill hpa tanks at home... All you need to do is drop a couple grand on the right kind of compressor and make sure you have the right attachments... lol. I only know because i've thought about it. I figure it would save on the hassle of messing with the closest dive shop... i don't think they know how to fill scuba tanks.

scpres1
11-05-2006, 01:27 AM
Alright, ill try that.

OOB
11-05-2006, 06:57 AM
If that doesnt work, try reading through this thread on pbnation. It has a lot of suggestions. I dont know if all of them are valid or not but...
http://www.pbnation.com/showthread.php?t=1821672

scpres1
11-05-2006, 11:09 AM
That actualy helped lol. Umm i dont have any Paintball oil though. Can i use like Household Oil? Not like cooking oil, But like Oil that you would use to put on things in the garage or something? Also Im very new to Paintball, and the VS2 is my first gun. So what should I Oil? Please be very specific.

Thanks, Ryan.

samus129
11-05-2006, 01:08 PM
I though if u oiled a derlin bolt it would swell.

scpres1
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
I though if u oiled a derlin bolt it would swell.

I heard that aswell.

scpres1
11-05-2006, 04:56 PM
That actualy helped lol. Umm i dont have any Paintball oil though. Can i use like Household Oil? Not like cooking oil, But like Oil that you would use to put on things in the garage or something? Also Im very new to Paintball, and the VS2 is my first gun. So what should I Oil? Please be very specific.

Thanks, Ryan.

Can somone please answer this?

Hob Hayward
11-05-2006, 05:33 PM
Try to get paintball oil if you can, but if you must, 3-in-1 oil works pretty well. Don't use somthing like WD-40 though.

badlandsrox
11-05-2006, 06:27 PM
or 10W30 lol

Drefish99
11-05-2006, 06:56 PM
or 10W30 lol

Do not use motor oil. See if you have 3 in 1 oil in your house. Usually familys have this oil as a houshold lubricant for oiling scissors or door hinges. It is the only thing houshold that I would recommend applying to a paintball gun.

Drefish99
11-05-2006, 06:57 PM
Try to get paintball oil if you can, but if you must, 3-in-1 oil works pretty well. Don't use somthing like WD-40 though.

Werd

scpres1
11-05-2006, 07:01 PM
yeah, i have 3-in-1 Oil.

scpres1
11-05-2006, 07:02 PM

Thanks, Ryan.

Can somone please answer this?

Bump!

08Lud08
11-05-2006, 07:19 PM
you dont up a non sales thread and no just use paintball oil it only costs about $2

scpres1
11-05-2006, 07:41 PM
ok thanks, but my question was, what do I Oil, Not what kind of Oil do I use?

CareBear-Killer
11-05-2006, 08:36 PM
ok thanks, but my question was, what do I Oil, Not what kind of Oil do I use?

pull out the bolt, and remove the velocity adjuster and pull out the striker.

just use a little oil anywhere that these items come in contact with the marker. especially the o-ring. once they're lubed up, just slide them right back in to place. slide them in and out a few times to make sure they move smoothly in the marker. if its not a smooth slide, use a little more oil.

scpres1
11-06-2006, 07:59 PM
pull out the bolt, and remove the velocity adjuster and pull out the striker.

just use a little oil anywhere that these items come in contact with the marker. especially the o-ring. once they're lubed up, just slide them right back in to place. slide them in and out a few times to make sure they move smoothly in the marker. if its not a smooth slide, use a little more oil.

Well that fixed it! Thank you sooooo much CareBaar-Killer. If anyone else is having recocking problems, Just do what I quoted, and it should fix it.

Hob Hayward
11-07-2006, 12:18 PM
Another thing you could do is follow otter's striker polishing mod. www.ottersccustoms.com
Polishing the striker helps for recocking in a normal spyder, so I presume it would help would the VS too.

CareBear-Killer
11-07-2006, 05:21 PM
glad your marker is working good man! Now go spray a field :)

I don't remember who, but I know someone here said they polished their VS striker. I too think it would be beneficial to do on the VS markers... works pretty well on other spyder LP conversions, so I think it would be atleast as beneficial to the vs markers as it is to the LP spyders.

68vs2
01-17-2007, 10:58 AM
glad your marker is working good man! Now go spray a field :)

I don't remember who, but I know someone here said they polished their VS striker. I too think it would be beneficial to do on the VS markers... works pretty well on other spyder LP conversions, so I think it would be atleast as beneficial to the vs markers as it is to the LP spyders.
Here is something I noticed about my vs2...if you over tighten the screw that holds the cover for the eyes and ball detents it causes the ball detents to rub on the bolt....try cutting the ball detents a little so they do not rub on the bolt or loosen the eye cover screws....

clickclicksplat
01-17-2007, 01:01 PM
Here is something I noticed about my vs2...if you over tighten the screw that holds the cover for the eyes and ball detents it causes the ball detents to rub on the bolt....try cutting the ball detents a little so they do not rub on the bolt or loosen the eye cover screws....
I'd say loosen the eye covers... no reason to mutilate the detents

Dilatedug
01-17-2007, 06:05 PM
well mine did this too the second time i played with it ..u need to oil down the striker oring nad if u still have the problem..get a longer but softer spring..when its strikes the valve it might not get enough are bac kin to recock it..that wat was happening to mine..i jus got a longer softer spring ind idont havethat problem anymore