PDA

View Full Version : Paintball video

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 05:03 AM
Ok, a while back I posted that I had a professionally done video of a tournament I played in which was pretty cool, but I couldn't figure out how to rip it to my computer.

I forgot about it for awhile, but I finally found a program I liked and took some of the footage and mixed it into a video. I'm sure it's pretty rough and it's not all that great (we didn't have a lot of interesting playing going on) and I'm a beginner at this.

What do you think? (Remember, we were K.O. Boys at that time.)

http://thumbs.streetfire.net/ECAF1036-0CA1-4D13-9376-74D2243984B8.jpg (http://thumbs.streetfire.net/ECAF1036-0CA1-4D13-9376-74D2243984B8.jpgClick here to see Video)Click here to see Video (http://www.darksidevideo.org/Player.aspx?fileid=ECAF1036-0CA1-4D13-9376-74D2243984B8)Catalyst at TAP Indoor

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 05:22 AM
I enjoyed that more than the televised UAPL event the other night.

Nice Video

Keep em coming.

HacKeR

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 05:48 AM
Thanks! I tried at first to match the music with the video, but it got old awfully fast. I used Windows Movie Maker, which was pretty decent! Easy to use. Just had to find the footage.

I have a tournament this weekend (hopefully they won't cancel again for the 3rd time!) and if it actually happens, I might be able to find some more footage.

By the way, we're the only team there that didn't have matching jerseys in case you're wondering who were were in that video. The only current members of Catalyst on that team are my co captain and me(I'm in the red Redz jersey with the blue shocker, he's in the all black.) We had 3 guests and had never had a single practice with each other.

Donavan Clary (#1 ranked by Warpig in the World) was in the camo shirt and black pants. Playing with him made the tournament worthwhile. He was a blast!

shunut
01-12-2006, 06:39 AM
Nice vid Vike. I saw the infamous shot that you used for Action Picture of the Month.

Santy
01-12-2006, 07:23 AM
man, that guy in the snake really hurt you guys.

that was a nice vid, i love that song so it worked for me

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 09:11 AM
Hahahaha! Did you see the guy getting shot like crazy from him? Like 12 shots to the pack? That was me!!! Broke paint in two pods. Fortunately, he was a good shot and only hit me in the pack...

A few of these teams were division teams we played against, and in my opinion, did pretty decent for no practices or having played together before. Oklahoma Impact, Justice League (we beat these guys), Karnage from Missouri, Explicit Content, all really good teams who have experience on the national circuits.

We're excited about this year though. We expect to do much better!

bigred76
01-12-2006, 09:29 AM
Nice vid Vike, makes me wanna try out some indoor! Love the music. Fits perfectly! ;)

Santy
01-12-2006, 01:54 PM
Hahahaha! Did you see the guy getting shot like crazy from him? Like 12 shots to the pack? That was me!!! Broke paint in two pods. Fortunately, he was a good shot and only hit me in the pack...

Well, at least he didn't break the pod, i've seen that happen before, and the only shot he really had on you was your pack. How did you place in that tourney?

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 02:38 PM
Another reason to buy Dye Locklids :wink:....they are sturdy as heck! I actually felt him hitting me on the pack, but couldn't get up because I was battling with a guy at their 50. I remember thinking, "This is gonna hurt!"

I didn't actually realize I was the last guy and had NO clue that other guy was coming to bunker me until I saw the video...

We took 8th in that tournament. Missed the prize round by something like 20 points or so...

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
why do paintball vids almost always have obnoxously loud music?

colonel_moo
01-12-2006, 02:44 PM
wow, that was a pretty nice looking indoor field. ive never seen one so well lit! was that sand on the ground though? i prefer atomix turf :)

nice video too! you need to roll that shocker more though dude!

ricochet08
01-12-2006, 02:51 PM
nice vid :)

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 02:58 PM
why do paintball vids almost always have obnoxously loud music?

Why do forums almost always have obnoxiously opinionated smart mouth kids? :tongue:

Colonel Moo: That was the rodeo arena at the Kansas Collesium and it was actually packed dirt. They had watered it down that day so it was kinda sticky. Not soft at all. It was pretty well lit, but it was the state fairground arena, so I guess they light it pretty well. It was also 105* that day, but not too bad indoors.

We're definitely playing all the tournaments there from now on, though. It was very professionally run, with ok reffing and great staffing. All the teams were pretty nice to each other also, which is a change from what we're used too.

Thanks everybody! I was hesitant about putting it on, You guys make me feel much better about it. Remember, it's only my second video I ever made and MUCH better than my 1st one! I'm definitely not going "nation" with it! I don't want to hear how noobish I am at making movies and hear a lot of the same tips given by the same noobs who really don't ever actually play...

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 03:10 PM
im just saying, a good vid doesnt have to have music blaring. you can just watch the game and listen to normal stuff, it isnt a music video. i did like the field.

bigred76
01-12-2006, 03:11 PM
Claus.....no...just no....a video needs the music to grab attention. Would a movie be so good without any music at all? If you don't like the music, then turn off your speakers. :dodgy:

MatthewTheTheif
01-12-2006, 03:18 PM
vid wont work for me...wont load or something

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 04:30 PM
I understand what you're saying, which is one of the reasons I chose the song that I did from the era I did and not the screaming stuff you normally hear these days. I question the delivery of your question and timing, which was why I responded the way I did, but I do understand what you're saying.

Is the music that blaring? I turned it down when I mixed it and it's not really loud on my computer. In fact, I can hear the shooting really well because personally, I prefer hearing some music, but not so much that I can't hear the shooting.

Thief - not sure what's going on...I can see it ok...

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 05:27 PM
wait you made this? my bad, i would have been less harsh, when i think there is no1 who will take offense i usually speak my mind, when there is, i tone it down and watch my angles a litte more, sorry bout that. and red i like to hear some people screaming and the shots hitting stuff, i think that sounds cooler.

MatthewTheTheif
01-12-2006, 05:35 PM
hm...none of the vids there work for me...

i think i need a codec or something for media player

vikingshadow
01-12-2006, 05:53 PM
I didn't take offense...you gotta remember I work with kids all day and tend to get "sensitive" to what I perceive as "attitude." Especially after a day likd this has been! Sorry about that!

I don't even know what player Darkside has, Matthew. I just chose them because the vid was 3.6 mb to big for putfile....grrrrrr!

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 05:59 PM
it uses windows media player. you may have a slow connection and need to be patient, it took a little for mine to let me click play.

Live2Play
01-13-2006, 04:43 PM
Hey vike, Great Video!:D

I think the music fits with it pretty well. I believe ozzy osbourne sings that song. By chance you wouldn't know the name of it would ya? Thanks!

Team Ramrod
01-13-2006, 04:44 PM
crazy train. and yes. ozzy.

covert24
01-13-2006, 04:55 PM
yeaactually that was better than some of the pro tuff. good work.

vikingshadow
01-13-2006, 04:59 PM
Wow, thanks guys! Appreciate the props! Yup, Crazy Train by Ozzie....

I like paintball vids to the 80's stuff (was this an 80's song? I think so, pretty close anyways.) And I have a lot more of it cause that was my era....

I wish I had shot the footage, but it was taken from someone else (Actually have 3 DVD set of the tournament). That guy does good work. He films a lot of tournaments in the tri-state area.

marvin-martian
01-13-2006, 05:14 PM
vike got mowed

vikingshadow
01-13-2006, 05:25 PM
:rolleyes: :rolleyes: I let em do it...:rolleyes: :rolleyes: You know, builds up young guys confidence!:rolleyes: :rolleyes:

:D :D

Ok, so I got my butt handed to me! But I was the last guy out on the team! And I DIDN'T get bunkered, that's the important part...

covert24
01-13-2006, 05:28 PM
so u were on the right side of the field?? the one where the guy wus like 2 inches away from u behind the cylinder? sry didnt realize it.