PDA

View Full Version : Vs2 or Promaster or Wrath

conradl
11-03-2006, 05:21 PM
I am wondering how the Vs2 is compared to a promaster or wrath. For the people that have shot these guns, please give me some imput on which gun to buy next. I am on a budget and I only go PBing about 6-8 times a year, so I dont want to spend a whole lot of $$$$$. I already owned an imagine, so this would be my second gun.

Thanks

nightmare88256
11-04-2006, 05:08 AM
I didnt get to use either of them, but before I got my VS2 I was considaring both of them. I was talking to the guy at my local about the Promaster,and he had problems with ICD's customer service. I also didn't like the fact that you had to buy your own macroline/asa with it as the Promaster doesn't come with one. Though, there may be a few shops who sell Promasters with a macroline/asa on it already. The Wrath looked nice too, but doesn't come with a derlin bolt. But if you only play a few times a year, I doubt it would be much to worry about. Alot of people report that the Wrath works well on CO2 as well. The VS2, Promaster, and Wrath are all good guns, but on a budget I'd go for the VS2. Its not a profound amount of info, but I hope its enough to help you out a little bit.

OOB
11-04-2006, 06:55 AM
first ICD's customer service is much much better then it was. It used to be horrible. Now it is much better. Anywho.

Yes the PM needs an ASA and bottom marco line. That is a whole 12 bucks.

I am currently in the same boat. I am between a VS2, promaster, and ion. The ion i ruled out early for the simple fact everyone has one. They are pretty good guns i just dont really like they way they look. So then I was down to VS2 or PM.

Both are pretty soild guns. Both are LP. Both have very very different internals. Both have nice triggers and good setup stock. The key differences is the internals and board. The stock VS board is lacking features where as the PM board has everything you will ever need. I personally dont care if I have ramping so the board difference doesnt mean that much.

To make a long story shoter... I am going with the VS2. A few reasons.
A: it is cheaper. Only by 60 bucks but 60 bucks is a lot when you have to buy the hopper and tank too. To mean the gain the 60 bucks want no worth it.
B: The internals, while the PM has "better" internals, they are harder to maintain. It is hard to clean the gun and to take it a part. The VS2 and spyders in general are very easy to take a part and too clean. Since I am lazy at heart and my m98 can prove this fact. The VS2 is better for me.
C: Personally, I like the look of the VS2 over the promaster.
D: the whole co2 issue doesnt bother me. I am going to N2/compressed air anyways. Why? because here in wisconsin the temp changes so fast that co2 just really sucks. :) NOTE: while it is not required both the PM and VS2 work much much better with compressed air/n2.

While the PM is tectically a better gun, it came down to personal prefference with me. I am getting a VS2. I have not shot either and if fact trying to get my local pb shop to let me. but they are being stupid about it. :)

Ares
11-04-2006, 08:04 AM
im also looking for a new gun, narrowed down to vs2 or promaster. ive never shot either. i do like the vs2 for the simplicity and the cost, the videos show it as a really good value. i've decided to wait until the spring to buy b/c its cold and play is slowing down here. maybe by then the vs2 will dorp in price

Hob Hayward
11-04-2006, 08:28 AM
Nightmare the wrath DOES have a delrin bolt. Its quick strip aswell.

conradl
11-04-2006, 10:34 AM
Well I was thinking about getting the Wrath LTD, because it only $30 more than the Vs2 and it looks like it has much better features. And is a teflon bolt the same a delrin??

nightmare88256
11-05-2006, 01:56 PM
I thought the Wrath had a teflon bolt; which is slightly different than derlin. My mistake.

08Lud08
11-05-2006, 02:06 PM
I'd rather get the wrath ltd over the vs2. If you have the money for the promaster get it but I wouldn't if I only play 6-8 times a year.

ballerfolife
11-05-2006, 03:05 PM
my buddies brother just got a Promaster and when he went to use it for the first time, it was leaking and wouldnt shoot, so he had to send it in. They didnt charge for the repairs but it was a pain in the a**. I would go with the VS2 or even an ion.
P.S. The Promaster shoots awsome.

FaxOli
12-30-2006, 11:16 PM
. I would go with the VS2

sixpackdragon
12-31-2006, 10:28 AM
of course people on this forum will be bias and say that the vs2/vs3 is a better selection for price/quality. If you really want solid information, yer going to have to visit yer local pro shop. :(

DRAGON
12-31-2006, 11:29 AM
Um.....this thread's about 2 months old and dead. Well it is now anyways -