PDA

View Full Version : co2 leak bad, help please

Scott7M
11-03-2006, 05:43 PM
I've just got into paintball and have been reading the forum to learn for a few weeks. But now I have a problem and can't find it anywhere.

I took my gun apart to clean it, and took my tank off, nowwhen I went to put my tank back on it leaks like crazy, it's coming out of a pin size hole in the bottom of the piece where the tank screws on. Like 1 inch in front of the tank on the bottom there is a lil tiny hole and when I put the tank on it blows out of it like crazy, your help is greatly appreciated.

Only mod I've made to the gun is ordered a j and j 14 inch barrel.

kidonfire
11-03-2006, 08:19 PM
I think you might have a bad Co2 tank oring.

MVS1
11-03-2006, 08:58 PM
you definitely have a bad o-ring on your CO2 tank. You got to be careful removing your air bottle when using CO2 w/o an ASA w/ On/Off or Regulator because all the air that is in the marker discharges through the ASA when you remove the tank, basically freezing your o-ring. One way to help reduce the amount of CO2 discharge across your o-ring is to dry-fire the marker a few times as you unscrew the air bottle. O-rings are cheap ($.25 each average), recommend you keep a good supply of them on hand at least 4 or 5.

|WPG| DyNaStY-X
11-04-2006, 06:30 AM
I also have the same problem but with my HPA on my new reg... any advice???

MVS1
11-04-2006, 09:00 AM
Reg on tank or marker?? If its the reg on the marker try putting 1-2 drops of marker oil in the ASA before you air up, remove your barrel and dry fire 10 times or so, if it still leaks disassemble the reg (if you feel comfortable doing it) and inspect o-rings and internals, lightly oil and re-assemble. If the leak is from your tank reg and since it is fiber, I'd recommend taking it to an air-smith.

|WPG| DyNaStY-X
11-04-2006, 09:12 AM
Yeah. The reg is on the marker. I tried the oil trick... Nothing was resolved. I also took the reg to get it checked and they took the whole thing apart, again nothing was resolved.

Scott7M
11-04-2006, 01:19 PM
You guys are exactly right, I checked it out last night after a couple reply's and sure enough it was blown into, and extremely hard and brickle. I have only shot about 750 balls through the gun so I was surprised, however it makes perfect since, I usually dry fire my gun as I'm unscrewing like someone mentioned but last night I didn't because I had it in a back room and didn't want to go outside. Your right as well, I had to give 25 cents for one. I'm going to buy a lil supply of them. I want to convert my gun over to LP but there are so many different ideas and stuff, i just wish someone could say u need this this and this lol. make it a lot easier, I still haven't got my new barrel yet but I hope to soon. It is a 14" j and j ceramic

JMotioN
11-04-2006, 03:27 PM
glad to here your problem is fixed. btw i dont really recommend the LP conversion. for the money you spend for parts you can get an ion or something that is already LP. those parts work together well. plus you run into problems with LP. and youl have a backup gun as your pilot. just my take on it.

MVS1
11-05-2006, 08:40 AM
Yeah. The reg is on the marker. I tried the oil trick... Nothing was resolved. I also took the reg to get it checked and they took the whole thing apart, again nothing was resolved.

Is the air leak coming from where your bottomline screws into the reg? If so you'll need to thread tape the fitting. Best way to find where the leak is coming from is to use some soapy water and a q-tip. put the soapy water on the reg identify where the leak is, once you are sure where it is coming from then it will be easier to resolve. Is this a new reg, if so you might wnat to send it back for a new one.

MVS1
11-05-2006, 08:47 AM
glad to here your problem is fixed. btw i dont really recommend the LP conversion. for the money you spend for parts you can get an ion or something that is already LP. those parts work together well. plus you run into problems with LP. and youl have a backup gun as your pilot. just my take on it.

Getting Lp right can be a challenge, however you can do it relatively cheap if you do the mod's that Otter has laid out and find used parts. If you haven't purchased a marker or are looking to upgrade from what you have then go w/ a VS 2, Ion or similiar. It's taken sometime and effort but I have finally got my pilot running strong and everytime I take it out the guys I play with that have Ion's, Cockers and other markers can't believe how well my pilot runs.

|WPG| DyNaStY-X
11-05-2006, 12:54 PM
yeah. i tried to send it back. they wouldnt take it back. they were being *******s about the situation, and yes it was new.

08Lud08
11-05-2006, 03:17 PM
If its coming from the bottom of the reg where the hose is wrap Teflon tape on the fitting and screw it back on. If your using macroline maybe you cut it crooked. If its coming from the adjuster screw on the reg tighten it or wrap teflon tape on it and screw it back in. Same thing with the gauge if it has one. Hope you solve your problem.