PDA

View Full Version : Gun NOT marker

Recon by Fire
01-12-2006, 01:09 AM
http://i17.photobucket.com/albums/b70/doublenot7/CX-4%20Storm/Storm-3.jpg

Well I got a LEDWave Z-5 tac light for $60 :) Much less cost than the big boys and it takes any of their upgrades like higher output bulbs and pressure switches. It is about averge lumens now for a tac light.

I also finally got to zero my holosight today. As you can see, it didn't need too much adjusting :)

thechubbss12
01-12-2006, 03:36 AM
Sorry call me a noob if you want to but im curious what caliber this is. From the pics of the bullet holes, it looks like a 9 mill.

DexGtr
01-12-2006, 06:19 AM
i like it. Remind not to come to your house uninvited :D

bigred76
01-12-2006, 08:27 AM
Sorry call me a noob if you want to but im curious what caliber this is. From the pics of the bullet holes, it looks like a 9 mill.
Looks about there. Nice shooting, Recon. How much does one of those rifles cost? They look pretty accurate! :D

scrappy
01-12-2006, 09:02 AM
what kind and how much was that weapon?

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 11:11 AM
Marker not Gun

http://pics.drugstore.com/prodimg/92865/200.jpg

Seriously, that is a nice weapon...

HacKeR

durrell
01-12-2006, 11:13 AM
It's a Beretta of some king, it has the Beretta symbol on the stock.

claustrophobia9
01-12-2006, 11:54 AM
it is, its barreta's pdw (personal defense weapon) so it uses pistol ammo.

Recon by Fire
01-12-2006, 06:45 PM
Yep, Beretta CX-4 Storm carbine. This one is 9mm (comes in 9mm, .40 SW, .45 ACP, and soon 5.56mm). Cost range about $500 to $800 (without added toys). The body is composite as is the hammer even. The bolt carier and spring are just like an Uzi. It is nice and light and balance is towards the rear so it shoulder quite well. Use the same pistol mags so you can have anything from 10 rounds to 32 rounds. Paper targets get standard FMJ ball ammunition, but if you look close you can see one mag filled with some high power Hydroshocks, those and Black Talons are reserved for "other" targets :) This carbine set-up also gives you more than a 30% increase in muzzle velocity over a pistol.

Baller-59
01-12-2006, 07:06 PM
how far from the target were you?

Chris Cole
01-12-2006, 07:07 PM
Heck my Cougar cost $650 and it's a pistol. I need a new Beretta. ;)

maximus100389
01-12-2006, 07:56 PM
remind me to never EVER **** with you EVER

lol

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 02:22 AM
you could have got somthing a little cooler than 9mm... :flinches: please dont kill me!

bigred76
01-13-2006, 08:23 AM
Claus, ballistics are way above your head, obviously. If a guy won't go down to a 9mm, he sure as heck ain't going down to anything bigger except a .50 calibre. But those have so much kick when you shoot 'em, you're gonna have your hands straight up from the recoil before you can stop it, even if you are trained and fairly skilled at shooting. Heck, if you shot someone with a .22 calibre like he's shooting (right in the frontal lobe of the head), that sucker's gonna go down. No ifs, ands, or buts. ;)

TL;DR: That is a good gun, and it doesn't matter that it's a 9mm, especially if he's that accurate.

Xecutiv3
01-13-2006, 08:29 AM
I'll stick with my .22cal Browning pistol, no need to kill anyone, just wing em... a few times, Plus it kinda looks like a Luger, which is cool

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 12:49 PM
Claus, ballistics are way above your head, obviously. If a guy won't go down to a 9mm, he sure as heck ain't going down to anything bigger except a .50 calibre. But those have so much kick when you shoot 'em, you're gonna have your hands straight up from the recoil before you can stop it, even if you are trained and fairly skilled at shooting. Heck, if you shot someone with a .22 calibre like he's shooting (right in the frontal lobe of the head), that sucker's gonna go down. No ifs, ands, or buts. ;)

TL;DR: That is a good gun, and it doesn't matter that it's a 9mm, especially if he's that accurate.
im quite aware of what will take people down. i think a 45 apc would be cooler tho.

bigred76
01-13-2006, 12:55 PM
...Claus, go shoot a .45ACP. Then shoot a 9mm. You'll see the massive difference.

Santy
01-13-2006, 01:03 PM
i love the 9mm over the .45, cause its more fun to unload a whole magazine with the 9mm. With a .45 theres more kick obviously, and its not as easy. I saw that, or atleast i think it was that, 3 summers ago at the Smith and Wesson shooting range here. Had it in the showcase, unfortunately it wasn't one of the guns you could shoot.

Oh and my dad's friend is an anesthesiologist and someone came in to the ER with a .22 that pirece the skin but didn't go through the skull, the bullt just foloowed a bath up his head. Its not very likely that a .22 with go through the skull.

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 01:17 PM
...Claus, go shoot a .45ACP. Then shoot a 9mm. You'll see the massive difference.
tell me, if 9mm were better why would delta force and navy seals still use hk 45acp mk23s and usp's with 40cal and 45acp ammo?

bigred76
01-13-2006, 01:45 PM
Because of their ballistics and the ability to shoot more shots into a target before re-aiming with the rifle because of the "slower" recoil of the .45ACP cartridge. Honestly Claus, go shooting. You can tell the difference unless you are a total and complete retard void of all sensations.

...someone came in to the ER with a .22 that pirece the skin but didn't go through the skull, the bullt just foloowed a bath up his head.
Beg your pardon? :confused: Yes, sometimes that will occur. The void left by the bullet will most likely cause a bleedout, which will kill you just as surely as a gunshot point blank with a .50 calibre.

Ares
01-13-2006, 02:21 PM
22s go in the skull but not out= dead

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 02:31 PM
lincoln died because of surgery, not the gunshot. and 45's may be slower, but if you are so questioning of ones first shot accuracy why not make the bullet bigger so it covers more killzone? from what i hear it is all preference, but imo its always about stoping power, not amount you can get in the air. i dont really care ne more. i just think ghe could have done a breakaway from the whole 9mm thing... although 9mm overpenetrate, 45's do alot more, and the word overpenetrate sounds cool. and yes, i need a mnt dew.

Baller-59
01-13-2006, 02:57 PM
Oh and my dad's friend is an anesthesiologist and someone came in to the ER with a .22 that pirece the skin but didn't go through the skull, the bullt just foloowed a bath up his head. Its not very likely that a .22 with go through the skull.

this one female police officer got shot in the head with a 30-06 and the bullet bounced off her skull. Sometimes people get lucky and the bullt hits the skull at an angle that it just plows through the skin and creates a very messy wound. Although if you're the shooter you aren't so lucky unless the next one finishes the job and the person you shot doesn't have a chance to get their gun up.

lincoln died because of surgery, not the gunshot. and 45's may be slower, but if you are so questioning of ones first shot accuracy why not make the bullet bigger so it covers more killzone? from what i hear it is all preference, but imo its always about stoping power, not amount you can get in the air. i dont really care ne more. i just think ghe could have done a breakaway from the whole 9mm thing... although 9mm overpenetrate, 45's do alot more, and the word overpenetrate sounds cool. and yes, i need a mnt dew.

and if they would have left it in there he would have died from lead poisoning. Him being shot led to his death, end of story.

scrappy
01-13-2006, 03:20 PM

.22 is a favorite caliber for killing people because they are easily suppressed and because they enter the skull and ricochet around inside the skull, distorting the bullet (and the victim's brain) and not leaving much ballistic evidence. Plus it makes a small hole and isn't so messy

I <3 CSI :cool:

bigred76
01-13-2006, 03:36 PM
Claus....no. Just no. The .45 calibre bullet is not slower than the 9mm bullet. The RECOIL[i] is slower, even though it is more. Basically it's just an uncompressed cartridge so the gun powder does not burn quite as quickly as a compressed gun powder round (9mm, .38 calibre, etc.).

It [I]is preference, "stopping power" is some made-up bull crap. If you hit him, he's going down. No matter what you hit him with. If someone were to shoot you in the arm with a .22LR, it wouldnt put quite as big a hole as a .45ACP would, but it would still result in you losing feeling in your arm, bleeding-out, and some other fun stuff.

The problem with a bigger "killzone" is that it comes with the price of accuracy. When I first started shooting, the first difference I noticed was between the weights of different firearms and their cartridges. The .45 calibre is not a good example because of the powder issue I mentioned earlier. The .50 calibre, however, is a good example. I will say this many, many times: it kicks like a mother ****er. Trained shooters with aid (weights, grips, etc) even have a hard time shooting it.

Baller-59
01-13-2006, 07:21 PM
Actually a .45 bulllet travels at a speed that in certain conditions can be seen by the naked eye. The .45 has better terminal ballistics than a 9mm because a .45 transfers more of it's energy into the target than a 9mm meaning that it would be more fatal. However with two in your chest and one it your head it doesn't make much of a diffrence. The .45 caliber round was invented because you couldn't take down drugged up rebels in some pacific nation with a .38 or whatever they were using at the time. They could shoot all six rounds at one of these drugged up ***es and not kill them. As soon as the .45 ACP came along it didn't take more than 2-3 shots to make sure they were dead. If you've ever seen somebody on drugs you know that these people are capable of more than the person of average strength. And that means that they can take more bullets before they go down. That is where terminal ballistics and how much of the energy from the round is transferred to the person that you shoot.

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 07:28 PM
Claus....no. Just no. The .45 calibre bullet is not slower than the 9mm bullet.
ya.. cant u tell by the "more in the air" statement. exit velocity will always be faster than people can move unless dealing with long range rifles, in which case it would matter. and what baller said... he beat me to it. we arent talking about pu... uh... cowards here. were talking about the crazied druggies.

*EM1-Master*
01-13-2006, 07:42 PM
claus, just as an observer in this conflict, I have to say that you simply don't know what you're talking about... You don't have first hand experience; you haven't shot much, if any... My guess is that the only guns you've shot have been in video games... Bigred is way into firearms and has shot a LOT of guns... He know's what he's talking about... You're making yourself look like an ignoramus by insisting that you're right, rather than being the man and admitting that you aren't the supreme knowledge on the subject... Taking what he says to mind and learning something would behoove you...

claustrophobia9
01-13-2006, 07:44 PM
...dont care, cuz if you understand the way i do, you dont want to be efficient you want to be overly efficient and garuntee success. contol variables you can control. dont be on time, be early. 45 has a greater chance of ending a gunfight than a 9mm when hitting a target.

bigred76
01-13-2006, 07:55 PM
Thanks for getting my back, EM1. :D In my short (16 year) life, I have shot a lot of firearms. Although I do not know everything, I still know a lot of basic stuff.

Recon by Fire
01-13-2006, 08:06 PM
I was shooting at relatively close range, about 125-150 meters. If you want to look into the properties of the pistol cartridges check out http://www.theboxotruth.com/

If you think "its just a 9mm" then you haven't been hot by one, LOL. Plus I only shoot the standard ball FMJ at paper. Living tissue targets get high powered hydroshocks or black talons. Those add a bit extra :)

Oh, and a red reticle against an orange target sucks :(

*EM1-Master*
01-14-2006, 05:31 AM
*Note to self* Wear all orange while robbing Recon */note to self*

*EM1-Master*
01-14-2006, 05:38 AM
...dont care, cuz if you understand the way i do, you dont want to be efficient you want to be overly efficient and garuntee success. contol variables you can control. dont be on time, be early. 45 has a greater chance of ending a gunfight than a 9mm when hitting a target.
One, you put one shot into them, they're probably going to be in about the same place for a second shot... Except a little lower... On the ground... Two, if you buy a PDW, you're going to use it for target shooting or, as its name implies, defense. For target shooting, you WILL want the 9mm because the 45 has slow recoil... For defense, it doesn't matter; you're not trying to kill the person!! You're trying to keep them from bringing harm to you. With one shot from even the 9mm, they're going to be writhing in pain on the floor. Either way, claus, you lose. 99.9% of people don't buy guns to kill people... They're usually used for defense or recreation. I'm VERY glad that you don't have a gun, if you think the purpose of owning one is to kill people.

-:heart:Raz

Ares
01-14-2006, 05:42 AM
meh if i shoot someone in defense i dont really care if they die.

claustrophobia9
01-14-2006, 08:31 AM
who are you trying to defend against? people who bought guns to kill people\rob people\etc. there for you are defending against someone who is willing to go the whole distance, that means a good defense is willing to go the same distance back. and ive only been arguing what i know. i will admit that i dont know much about SHOOTING but i do know about ballistics. and all im arguing is first shot vs first shot, taking in human error with kick etc, the second shot may be better but there is no argument on the first shot.

chubb0rz
01-14-2006, 08:50 AM
Guns arent the only harmful weapons robbers/killers use...

bigred76
01-14-2006, 08:57 AM
who are you trying to defend against? people who bought guns to kill people\rob people\etc. there for you are defending against someone who is willing to go the whole distance, that means a good defense is willing to go the same distance back. and ive only been arguing what i know. i will admit that i dont know much about SHOOTING but i do know about ballistics. and all im arguing is first shot vs first shot, taking in human error with kick etc, the second shot may be better but there is no argument on the first shot.
You just made no sense right there. SHOOTING and BALLISTICS go HAND IN HAND. Without one, you don't have the other. :smirk: Go think about that...

Chubz is right, I could kill you with a pinky if nescesary.

claustrophobia9
01-14-2006, 09:01 AM
You just made no sense right there. SHOOTING and BALLISTICS go HAND IN HAND. Without one, you don't have the other. :smirk: Go think about that...

Chubz is right, I could kill you with a pinky if nescesary.
shooting would be the physical, go out and shoot a gun, by ballistics i meant the mathmatical, theoretical aspect. and im aware chubz.

bigred76
01-14-2006, 09:12 AM
Yup, and as was recently proven to me, PHYSICS DO NOT DICTATE THE REALITY.

claustrophobia9
01-14-2006, 09:58 AM
Yup, and as was recently proven to me, PHYSICS DO NOT DICTATE THE REALITY.
i will admit that if what you say about recoil is correct (which i have no idea if it is, due to lack of shooting expirience) then the 9mm would be a better choice because it is likely that if recon was shooting paper targets, he would continue shooting the same target, and a lower recoil would be desirable. i still stand by the first shot in favor of the 45.

bigred76
01-14-2006, 10:04 AM
OK, Claus. That's fine with me. You can make judgement opinions by yourself, but please don't state them as fact; it just pisses me off because it spreads false ideals. If you really want to know what we're talking about, then go find yourself a local shooting range and rent a 9mm and a .45GAP Springfield Armory XD. Same firearms, only difference is the casing. The .45GAP will give it a slightly different feel than a .45ACP, but it should be sufficient to show you the differece.

Baller-59
01-14-2006, 03:41 PM
One, you put one shot into them, they're probably going to be in about the same place for a second shot... Except a little lower... On the ground... Two, if you buy a PDW, you're going to use it for target shooting or, as its name implies, defense.

Some drugged up person will probably be in the same spot if you try shooting them with a 9mm. These rounds have been proven to be less effective than a .45. There are reports of people being shot numerous times with a 9mm and still resist and trying to harm officers. It's the same thing when you try to taze people like that. They take longer to go down than the average person. Although the average home owner doesn't own a tazer or stun gun. Many crimes are crimes of necessity. Like a druggie with the need to fund his habit. How he goes about getting the money varies. Some steal and some get caught. If they try to steal my **** they will probably see me as a threat and that would lead to a confrontation. the only thing that matters is that I am standing between that person and their next high. The fact a gun is pointing at them is not the issue at the time. Just because you shoot somebody doesn't mean they are going to the floor. You have to hit them in an area that will make them go to the floor. With the .45 transfering more energy they are more likely to go to the floor the first time(and not get back up).

For target shooting, you WILL want the 9mm because the 45 has slow recoil... For defense, it doesn't matter; you're not trying to kill the person!!

I use my .45 for target shooting. Why would I use some weapon other than my home defense weapon for target shooting? If I'm practicing shooting a man sized silouette at 8 yds(avg. range for a shootout in the household) then I'm gonna use the gun I plan on using in the event I need to shoot somebody.And slow recoil doesn't matter. If a 9mm has a little trouble knocking down a pepper popper I don't want to know how much trouble it would have knocking down a person. LAPD SWAT, Marine Force Recon, and other special forces branches use .45s. Some of these groups also get to choose which weapons they carry so in the end it becomes personal preference. SEAL teams use a MK23 pistol. The MK23 is chambered in .45 fyi. LAPD SWAT and Marine Recon use Kimber .45s. If your business is killing people and you are damn good at it then you want to use the most effective weapon.

You're trying to keep them from bringing harm to you. With one shot from even the 9mm, they're going to be writhing in pain on the floor.

the only good robber is a dead one. I don't care if they live or not you touch my **** I'll kill your ass. The momet that you invade my property/home is the moment that your intentions are hostile. Whether you are trying to kill/rob/etc. I am going to expect the worst and make sure you leave in a plastic bag.

In the end if I had a choice between my .45 and a 12 guage slug gun I'd shoot them with the slug gun. Then if they do get back up I'll have myself a zombie killing gun(cause that would be the only way somebody would get up after being hit with a slug from a 12 guage). No matter where you shoot them they will go to the ground. Even if you shoot them in the arm they will go to the ground. Why you ask? Because they may not have an arm attached to their body anymore. That and the splinters if you hit them in the bone.

p.s. those are some impressive groups at that distance.

Xecutiv3
01-14-2006, 04:03 PM
Calm down Baller, with court systems nowadays are so uptight, its not even funny. A robber breaks into a guys car with a gun, and the owner shoots and kills the thief, and the owner faces jail time, my anwer is WTF!? But if you don't wanna bunking with Bubba, stick with the small stuff.

Recon by Fire
01-14-2006, 04:14 PM
Look at all the debate going on! Forget the arguements of ballistics, etc... select a weapon/caliber that you are comfortable with. A .50 Desert Eagle has a lot of power but if you cannot hit teh target or wield the weapon, it doesn't do any good. Just pick something you like and that you cn handle.

I picked my 9mm Storm because I like Beretta and this new design of long gun from them was very appealing to me. It is light, maneuverable, and has a great feel to it. I don't mind the 9mm because the higher calibers had very low capacities (8 and 10).

In regards to the knock down debate over 9mm's; if you are shooting and this is a concern to you, try this: I always train when shooting at silhoute targets to fire in 3 round increments, rapid fire. Two shots to chest and one round to the head. That should pretty much do the trick :)

Recon by Fire
01-14-2006, 04:15 PM
*Note to self* Wear all orange while robbing Recon */note to self*

Darn it! LOL I'm not going to mention my three dogs then :)

bigred76
01-14-2006, 04:24 PM
Baller....you mention people surviving getting shot with 9mm rounds and still standing. But what about the guy that was shot 9 times with a .45ACP and still ended up killing the officer up in San Francisco? :thinking:

Baller-59
01-14-2006, 04:48 PM
Baller....you mention people surviving getting shot with 9mm rounds and still standing. But what about the guy that was shot 9 times with a .45ACP and still ended up killing the officer up in San Francisco? :thinking:
that one's hard to explain. But if he took that many .45 bullets I'd be afraid to even look at him when carrying a 9mm. Was he shot at 9 times or hit 9 times?

Calm down Baller, with court systems nowadays are so uptight, its not even funny. A robber breaks into a guys car with a gun, and the owner shoots and kills the thief, and the owner faces jail time, my anwer is WTF!? But if you don't wanna bunking with Bubba, stick with the small stuff.

I would swear up and down that I thought he had the intention of causing harm to me and others. Then I'd bring up that I am garunteed by the Declaration of Independece to life, liberty and the pursuit of happiness.(happiness=property)

*EM1-Master*
01-14-2006, 04:54 PM
Darn it! LOL I'm not going to mention my three dogs then :)
*note to self* bring steaks */note to self*

Xecutiv3
01-14-2006, 05:05 PM
Baller....you mention people surviving getting shot with 9mm rounds and still standing. But what about the guy that was shot 9 times with a .45ACP and still ended up killing the officer up in San Francisco?

PCP will make you "invincible" (unable to feel pain) the only way to take down someone on it, is to shoot him in the vital areas until he literally shuts down from the inside, thats where the 12gauge slug comes in at =P

claustrophobia9
01-14-2006, 06:55 PM
recon, im just saying a larger caliber pistol may be bigger and heftier, but a 45 version of the same rifle, will essentially be the same size, and im sure you are a big enough dude to handle it kick wise. the clip thing would be preference, if you prefer not to reload as often thats cool. but just hands down... this is my fav. caliber...
http://www2.eou.edu/~bgrigsby/images/bazooka.JPG

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 02:17 AM
*note to self* bring steaks */note to self*

Make it 4 then and I like mine medium-well with mushrooms :)

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 02:20 AM
... this is my fav. caliber...

I want to see some ATFB tax stamps there for the kid :)

Sure thing the same carbine in other calibers is the exact same size, but i'm not gonna use something that size with only 8 or 10 shot capacity (against my religious beliefs).

Baller-59
01-15-2006, 01:55 PM
I want to see some ATFB tax stamps there for the kid :)

Sure thing the same carbine in other calibers is the exact same size, but i'm not gonna use something that size with only 8 or 10 shot capacity (against my religious beliefs).
high capactiy mags FTW

mv540
01-15-2006, 02:15 PM
soon I will post my fatherŽs guns (iŽm to young to have one:p ), a M16, a 45gun and a sniper rifle.:)

I cant post them now Žcause my father have them locked in his closet, so i just find the key and vuala, iŽll post it:)

hopefully When i have enough age to have my own gun, iŽll like the m16:p

bigred76
01-15-2006, 02:26 PM
Um, dude...dont steal the key just so you can post them lol....I can foresee problems with that...

durrell
01-15-2006, 02:30 PM
Um, dude...dont steal the key just so you can post them lol....I can foresee problems with that...

I can see it now..

:news: "Young Boy Shoots Himself trying to take picture of guns for paintball website. Lawsuit pending."

Xecutiv3
01-15-2006, 07:17 PM
just ask him what kinda 45 and sniper rifle they are, if the Google thread has taught us anything, we can find pics

Recon by Fire
01-15-2006, 08:04 PM
Absolutely, they are not yours, leave them alone.

claustrophobia9
01-16-2006, 06:35 AM
am i the only one that wonders why this isnt in the pictures page, but knows why nobody asked... ;)

bigred76
01-16-2006, 07:37 AM
Because it should be retitled "The Official Firearm Thread." :D

claustrophobia9
01-16-2006, 08:21 AM
Because it should be retitled "The Official Firearm Thread." :D
it should be

mv540
01-16-2006, 12:36 PM

ok, your right i can get in trouble....:p