View Full Version : Tippmann X7

Drefish99
11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
http://www.ascedia.com/tippmannso/x7_fast.htm

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/markerdetails.aspx?categoryid=12

Not bad. Looks kinda like an A5 with upped parts. :D

vikingshadow
11-03-2006, 09:23 AM
Wow - that looks pretty cool! Seems they may have choked on that monstrosity they made earlier, but rebounded well with this one.

Opteron-O3
11-03-2006, 10:03 AM
Looks really nice!

Moe
11-03-2006, 10:26 AM
That is really cool. I'm sure it will be the new hit in the scenario world.

edit: I can't find the custom x-7 builder that they speak of at the end of the video. any help? :(

SharpObjects
11-03-2006, 11:28 AM
Looks cool. This is what Tippmann should be doing. Not power tools.

druid
11-03-2006, 11:33 AM
hrm :thinking: ..hrm :thinking:....hrm....:thinking::thinking::thinking :...

RomeNYRR
11-03-2006, 11:41 AM
definetly looks good. i'll wait till the price drops though. It seems that i will be being a scenario marker sometime in the near future

Maxx-Damage
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
Thats looks decint, but for that price id stick to my mr. at least until it drops maybe $60 or more.

Hob Hayward
11-03-2006, 12:24 PM
I wonder if the magnesium body will be as pitted as t he cast aluminium body., Hope fully they won't be powdercoating the inside of the marker aswell.

claustrophobia9
11-03-2006, 12:44 PM
tippman g3a4k :dodgy:
the most customizable marker ever made with over 1000 different looks thats kinda like their "fastest loader" claim....

btw: anyone else notice the special ops logo next to the name?

Nader
11-03-2006, 01:02 PM
haha: "For years Tippman has dominated the paintball industry"..... maybe the woodsball industry, but certainly not paintball. that said....thi will most likely be a great hit with woodsballers and scenario ballers and such.

Opteron-O3
11-03-2006, 01:48 PM
tippman g3a4k :dodgy:
thats kinda like their "fastest loader" claim....

btw: anyone else notice the special ops logo next to the name?

Yes, because they formed an alliance with SpecOps.

haha: "For years Tippman has dominated the paintball industry"..... maybe the woodsball industry, but certainly not paintball. that said....thi will most likely be a great hit with woodsballers and scenario ballers and such.

Actually I think they do dominate the paintball industry. They've been around for ages. Tippmann's are the most used rentals out there by fields, both Woods and Speedball. There are also tons of new players that buy Tippmann, mainly because they can go to any Walmart or Sporting Goods store and buy one. There are alot of tippmanns out there. Trust me. ;)

Muddytaco
11-03-2006, 02:27 PM
thats kinda like their "fastest loader" claim....

in that video it says fastest loader without batteries.

kidonfire
11-03-2006, 04:10 PM
looks pretty good. It also looks massive.

newkid
11-03-2006, 04:45 PM
looks pretty cool with all the looks

claustrophobia9
11-03-2006, 05:52 PM
in that video it says fastest loader without batteries.
the claim has been around longer than the video, and its never been that specific.

Ace24
11-03-2006, 07:03 PM
Holy crap thats cool. :( Now I dont know what to do. Build my dream MR1 and save money because I already own spyder parts... or buy a X-7 and build it into my dream gun.

Does anyone else see this video as a direct slap to Kingman? Kind of teasing at the fact that the MR series came out with no upgrades available for body customisation and such?

But the combo of Tippman and Spec Ops maybe for the better. It would bring up the price, considering Spec Ops is a tad over what other places sell. (Sometimes) but the quality will be increased as well.

Also, you guys do realise that Tippman was an actual gun developer for the military at one point right? They have proven experience in buiilding things like this... This X-7 is torturing me...

Idk if I should spend major cash to get one and the upgrades, or spend little on an MR1 and be elite in the sence that it will be harder for someone to copy my design, considering there arnt that many available choices for the MR series yet.

Kingman better start making parts for their MR series fast, or they are going to get slapped pretty hard by Tippman.

Wow, if I was to get one, and make it the way I want it (like a G-36) it would cost me $470.85 retail. :(

As where the MR1 will only cost me... somewhere under $320 to do what I want. Hmm...

timbertiger20
11-03-2006, 07:22 PM

Somewhere far behind the q-loader!

Sandman_Bravo
11-04-2006, 03:14 AM
I've always been a woodsball player first and foremost, but never felt the need to have a marker that looked like a real gun. I've always said you can play woodsball with a tourny gun but you can't play speedball with a scenario gun. (very effectively) I guess that's why I've adapted my Pilot and Shocker to perform for me in that arena. It would seem they (tipp-ops, or special-man) have realized that speedball marker performance is a positive since it looks like that new gun is geared towards that goal.
One thing about magnesium; it's brittle and can't be repaired very well. The motorcycle industry has used it for years on engine cases and other parts.

druid
11-04-2006, 03:44 AM
One thing about magnesium; it's brittle and can't be repaired very well. The motorcycle industry has used it for years on engine cases and other parts.

If it were that brittle, you wouldn't find MAG wheels made of the stuff...now would we?
I think it's safe to say that a 2,000 lb car, racing, hot-rodding around, hitting speedbumps and pot holes with Magnesium wheels...is going to be fine for a paintball marker. It's not a hammer, nor is it a sliding board. Take care of your gear and it will take care of you.

Sandman_Bravo
11-04-2006, 05:04 AM
If it were that brittle, you wouldn't find MAG wheels made of the stuff...now would we?
I think it's safe to say that a 2,000 lb car, racing, hot-rodding around, hitting speedbumps and pot holes with Magnesium wheels...is going to be fine for a paintball marker. It's not a hammer, nor is it a sliding board. Take care of your gear and it will take care of you.

Mag wheels are much larger, thicker, and circular; making them stronger by shape. People slide, run, and drop their guns. I personally have had magnesium gearbox cases break on me, especially at thinner smaller areas like around screw hole tabs and side faces; areas not unlike a marker body. Magnesium IS brittle compared to aluminum alloy and steel. Magnesium is lightweight and relatively strong, but brittle.

leed
11-04-2006, 09:35 AM
circles aren't very strong, IMO. It's the spokes that make them strong... I have high doubts that composition of magnesium they use in this marker is brittle, Tippmann knows what to expect from players, as they have been making rental paintball markers for many many years, so I believe the have an idea of what is a good material, and what is not. Aside from their plastic POS.

I thought the video was pretty intense!

Ace24
11-04-2006, 11:41 AM
Once again, Tippman used to develope guns and gun parts. I'm sure they know what they are doing.

bigred76
11-04-2006, 01:12 PM
Sandman, if you'd able to break one of these new marker's bodies short of a stone mason's sledge hammer, I'd be shocked. /story.

I'd only worry about the wear on the internals from this body material... Sounds like it'll be a popular marker, though.

Theheroguy
11-04-2006, 06:25 PM
how do you get to the builder

SpudmanWP
11-04-2006, 09:14 PM
To get to the "custom builder" section:

http://www.tippmann.com/product_guide/x7.aspx

Check the end of the commercial. It's "custom, build" site offers WAY more options than the actual one above.

Gunny462
11-05-2006, 07:09 AM
"Upgraded adjustable rear site helps with long range aiming"

LOL Sorry, Just had to quote that. Actually not a bad looking marker for the price.. considering what an A-5 costs. Looks a little to short on the barrel for me, probably be good as/in scenario in a bunker perhaps? Would get rid or the mag unless it's weight nescessary as all it does is adds something to hit (flat) from the side. What is kewl is it seems you can change it over to basically any type of 'rifle' marker you want.

Hob Hayward
11-05-2006, 07:11 AM
Does anyone else see this video as a direct slap to Kingman? Kind of teasing at the fact that the MR series came out with no upgrades available for body customisation and such?

Ever notice that the spec ops site doesn't sell any spyders? I bet their kingman alliance removed spyders from their website. I mean, they have all sorts of randpom guns, and any good seeler sells the MR series, especially those specializing(sp..?) in woodsball stuff.