PDA

View Full Version : toolbox

calebh
11-02-2006, 03:53 PM
what does everyone use to carry tools around in? right now, im using a tackle box, but im looking for something i can toss around and not have to worry about everything getting mixed up. any suggestions?

pbfreak3221
11-02-2006, 04:07 PM
I use well... a tool box, from home depot.

Team Ramrod
11-02-2006, 04:37 PM
try those clear plastic cases w/ the dividers. not sure how to describe it but they are tight fitting so nothing is going to mix around and you can see where everything is.

ill try and find a link to one.

edit: here
http://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/products/images/fullsize/standard/530_infinite.jpg

Darkh2o
11-03-2006, 05:41 AM
try those clear plastic cases w/ the dividers. not sure how to describe it but they are tight fitting so nothing is going to mix around and you can see where everything is.

ill try and find a link to one.

edit: here
http://www.tapplastics.com/uploads/products/images/fullsize/standard/530_infinite.jpg

Check a fishing supply store for these. You can get them almost anywhere...Cabelas, Bass Pro Shop, Walmart, Kmart...you get the point.

bamf-hacker
11-03-2006, 05:51 AM
A good thing to keep your tools in is an old Pod... Put everything you need in it and throw it in your pack. It will hold wrenches, Allen keys, screw drivers, just about everything.

Ace24
11-03-2006, 08:32 AM
I use a old broken misfit pod for my microfiber goggle whiping cloth. I need to buy one of those tool boxes though. The kind thats posted above is sold at art stores also. They use them for bead boxes and for small parts. Actually... I think everywhere that sells fishing supplies, or art, or tools might have them.

On a side note I use a WallyWorld bookbag that I modded for paintball to devide the tools I have. That and ziplock bags for small parts.

druid
11-03-2006, 11:03 AM
Well...at home I use that big plastic paintball box from Richard's Sporting Goods. It holds all my tools, plus those clear divided cases ^^ up there, macroline, all my tiny extras. Out in the field I do what Hacker said. Since I normally use Dye LockLids for paint, I put the tools and stuff in a VL tube...just to differentialte which pod it's in. I guess I should get a fatboy or something because at times, it seems to be not enough...lol. I feel like Doc from The Whiteboard...lmao.
Everything either gets wrapped in a cloth or goes into the plastic film canisters, pill bottles or Ziplocks...like the marker Orings seperate from tank Orings but all Orings go in a pill bottle. A large pill bottle for oil and tube of grease, the spare macroline and cutter ride loose, my locktite tubes are small and fit inside a film canister. Rolls of teflon don't fit in the pod so I wrap some around an unusable section of macroline and I throw a few burst discs in there too. Electrical tape gets wrapped around the pill bottles in case I need it. Spare screws go in another film canister so they down't get lost and I tape them together...metric to metric and standard to their mates. The problem I run into is I rarely have room for a dental pick, Crescent wrench or Allens....lol.

I was thinking about taking a piece of PVC and making a tool pod of my own but that's going to get heavier than what I already have...lol. I guess I could try to find something in aluminum around 2-3" in diameter and thin-walled with caps...but idk if my hardware store has anything like that. It can be carried horizontally like a bedroll in my pack...make it about 12-15" long and that might fit all my tools/supplies...lol.

vikingshadow
11-03-2006, 11:16 AM
I actually carried a full blown tool box with me. Since I was usually called on to service either my guns or most anyone else's at the field, I made sure I had everything from different sized screwdrivers, to teflon, to black electrical tape, to a tack hammer, to batteries, to dental picks. I had compartments for about 13 different types and sizes of orings (not to mention my own Shocker oring kit.) Oil, shocker lube, Love juice, you name it, I probably had it. It was pretty full!