PDA

View Full Version : Do I really need the Expansion Chamber/Regulator?

mrsinbad
11-02-2006, 10:38 AM
I have the Spyder Electra DX running on high pressure HPA tank (I will not use CO2 on this gun). I was wondering if I had a low pressure (400PSI) or adjust the pressure down to 5-600 PSI on my current HPA tank, can I run the electra without the Expansion Chamber?

What would happen if I connected my current High Pressure tank without the expansion chamber?

Thanks.

druid
11-02-2006, 11:49 AM
I have the Spyder Electra DX running on high pressure HPA tank (I will not use CO2 on this gun). I was wondering if I had a low pressure (400PSI) or adjust the pressure down to 5-600 PSI on my current HPA tank, can I run the electra without the Expansion Chamber?

What would happen if I connected my current High Pressure tank without the expansion chamber?

Thanks.

Nothing but burp. A stock Spyder...with or without an expansion chamber...needs at least 700 or so psi to even operate at an acceptable fps. I had an old sonix that recocked as low as 125 psi but the fps was about as low...lol.
If you want to do something different, keep the tank psi output the same and get an in-line reg and lower it there.

bracer028
11-02-2006, 12:58 PM
no, that won't work because you need parts to push the bolt back

stronger valve and lighter bolt

Bigwrecker
11-02-2006, 05:22 PM
no, that won't work because you need parts to push the bolt back

stronger valve and lighter bolt

if your referring to the springs the yes your correct. but yes, you will need a reg. i would suggest going low pressure if your willing to spend the money. i can help out with drilling out the va or asa, if you need it. pm me if your interested.

you'll be able to find countless posts on what parts are best and you can find many of them on here. just look around in the B/S/T section.

mrsinbad
11-03-2006, 10:11 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. It seems the pressure needed to operate the Electra is between 5-600 PSI (according to the gauge on the marker). Also, the thread of the expansion chamber (attaching to the body of the marker) seems to be the same as my HPA tank. Thus, if I used a remote's ASA, I can bring air into the gun while making it more maneuverable. The only tricky issue is how I can reduce the pressure from my HPA tank down to the 5-600 PSI (or even 700 PSI as suggested by Druid) called for by my marker. So, I was thinking it may be easier to reduce the pressure from my high pressure tank than to raise the pressure from a low pressure tank.

If I can get an inline regulator (I'm new at this, so any suggestions would be appreciated) or adjust the pressure of the HPA tank down, do you guys still think this is do-able? Or is my logic flawed somewhere?

Bigwrecker
11-03-2006, 12:20 PM
the regs on HPA tanks are usually fixed so you can not adjust them from 800psi. so you will need an inline reg.

druid
11-04-2006, 03:53 AM
Thanks for the replies, guys. It seems the pressure needed to operate the Electra is between 5-600 PSI (according to the gauge on the marker).
Check it over a chrono. I bet your fps is low...around 220 fps or so
Also, the thread of the expansion chamber (attaching to the body of the marker) seems to be the same as my HPA tank. Thus, if I used a remote's ASA, I can bring air into the gun while making it more maneuverable.
The only tricky issue is how I can reduce the pressure from my HPA tank down to the 5-600 PSI (or even 700 PSI as suggested by Druid) called for by my marker. So, I was thinking it may be easier to reduce the pressure from my high pressure tank than to raise the pressure from a low pressure tank. that's only if you have a MaxFlow or similarly "FULLY" adjustable bottle reg...which I'm going to camble you don't have. The bottle reg you likely have is a "fixed" reg which has an output of between 800-900 psi.

If I can get an inline regulator (I'm new at this, so any suggestions would be appreciated) or adjust the pressure of the HPA tank down, do you guys still think this is do-able? Or is my logic flawed somewhere?

Put an in-line reg like a CP or Palmers (male) stabilizer into the vertical adapter and regulate it there.