PDA

View Full Version : Eggy with a z board

Halucin8
11-01-2006, 10:54 PM
I just got my hands on another eggy but this one has the z board for 30 bucks. It is clear in in great shape except for one thing. it needs a new impeller on it. the guy actually put straight pins through the fins to try and keep them straight. Anyone post a link to buy one.

vikingshadow
11-02-2006, 04:27 AM
That's an actual mod to make it feed faster - but only part of it. He should have cut a couple of impellers off as well to make it look like a peace symbol.

MVS1
11-02-2006, 06:58 AM
Vik IYO...does the mod work?

Halucin8
11-02-2006, 08:26 AM
do you have any pics of the completed mod and yes do you believe it works?

vikingshadow
11-02-2006, 08:40 AM
I haven't done it, but there is some controversy as to if it actually works or not. I don't think it adds any super fast fps though, just 2-3 above the normal.

I'm at work right now, so I'll have to look for it later (got the day off tomorrow, so I can check then.)

bigred76
11-02-2006, 09:54 AM
IMO, that mod will only allow your hopper to feed better near the end of the paint. More space that's easier for balls to get into = more consistent.

You can put a Revvy's impeller on there... But the one you are describing sounds like a modded one. Some believe that the flexible fins of the impeller cause the hopper to feed slower, so they run pins through them, as you described. If it works, I wouldn't mess with it... just IMHO...