PDA

View Full Version : MR2 and Halo B's

new_Faction64
10-31-2006, 09:00 PM
Hey,

To any owners of Halo B's that use them on their MR2s, what is your experience with them? Do they push balls past the detents, are there any other issues?

Just got a Halo B cause Kingman said a forcefed hopper would help my jamming problems.

Thx.

jon1108
11-03-2006, 01:22 AM
i use halo b and yes it still chops...what u need is v35 board.

MDC
11-03-2006, 06:16 PM
I just got my Halo B in the mail today and gave it a couple of speed test but haven't tested it on the gun. It averaged at 21bps. It has a bit of force on the balls pushing down the feedneck so I'm hoping it doesn't compromise the ball detent

I've been chopping left and right with a 10bps Extreme Rage loader I had been using. Well thats tossed aside now.

I will be doing complete testing on this Halo this sunday. I wasted too much time finding sandpaper today to sand down the halo's feedneck a little, than I broke a plastic elbow trying to fit it. I got so pissed that I just ordered that cool new feedneck people are talking about.

COOL HALO TESTING VIDEOS ----> http://youtube.com/results?search_query=halo+paintball

new_Faction64
11-03-2006, 08:36 PM
i use halo b and yes it still chops...what u need is v35 board.

How would the v35 board help? That makes no sense.

pbgrandpa
11-03-2006, 10:57 PM
Hey,

To any owners of Halo B's that use them on their MR2s, what is your experience with them? Do they push balls past the detents, are there any other issues?

Just got a Halo B cause Kingman said a forcefed hopper would help my jamming problems.

Thx.I use a reloader b and so far have had no problems with feeding. Pretty much the same as a halo except it's sound activated.

Spoolinup
11-04-2006, 11:10 AM
Yes, my halo b did push the ball past the detent, but after research found that the MR2'S were working best with force fed hoppers(like halo b) when the anti-chop mechanism of the bolt was disabled, or search for an aftermarket bolt. I replaced the detent with one of the clear timmy detents, and disabled the anti-chop mechanism of my stock bolt. It has worked wonderfully with my cheetah boarded Halo B. Hope that helps.

SundragonPPS
11-04-2006, 12:38 PM
if i'm not mistaken, don't the halo's have a feed pressure adjustment? kingman will have a hopper soon that has a feed rate of 30bps. i will be scooping one of those up as soon as they're available.

new_Faction64
11-04-2006, 01:28 PM
Yeah, I'll be buying a new delrin bolt from ACP soon (sorry SPPS!), this ACS bolt is a total POS.

if i'm not mistaken, don't the halo's have a feed pressure adjustment? kingman will have a hopper soon that has a feed rate of 30bps. i will be scooping one of those up as soon as they're available.

I think your thinking of the VLocity, it has adjustable force settings.

MDC
11-04-2006, 04:26 PM
I took my time firing off 150 balls today in semi auto with a Halo B and never had any double feeds. I have the original detent(black) in my gun and it didn't give me any problems.

Afterwards I refilled the hopper and emptied it on full auto. No chops, no problems. This was my first time actually being able to use full auto, since I had been using a crappy hopper prior to this.

MDC
11-06-2006, 08:03 AM
Ok I played a good game yesterday, and it was the first time using the HaloB.

I still havn't experienced any doulble-feeding. However on occasion the MR2 did out shoot the HaloB. It wasn't a big deal since it only happened like once out of 100 balls or so, and of course that was while in Full Auto.

Burst shot perfect. Like someone said before, shooting at targets from greater distances makes for a great shot gun effect.

I played 6 games, and went through 1500 hundred balls without a single chop.

In conclusion I thought the HaloB to be awsome and has potential to work flawlesly with the V35 upgrade.

Jarhead
11-06-2006, 11:09 AM
Ok I played a good game yesterday, and it was the first time using the HaloB.

I still havn't experienced any doulble-feeding. However on occasion the MR2 did out shoot the HaloB. It wasn't a big deal since it only happened like once out of 100 balls or so, and of course that was while in Full Auto.

Burst shot perfect. Like someone said before, shooting at targets from greater distances makes for a great shot gun effect.

I played 6 games, and went through 1500 hundred balls without a single chop.

In conclusion I thought the HaloB to be awsome and has potential to work flawlesly with the V35 upgrade.

I have the Halo B with Rip drive and V35 board and it works perfectly. I don't outshoot the hopper anymore. I play with Full Auto very rarely but when I want to it nice to have and not worry. I wouldn't worry about getting a V board unless you really want it. I really don't think it is worth the extra cost. I just happen to get it for a really low price so I went for it.

MDC
11-07-2006, 08:34 AM
Ok I had a couple of double feed shots yesterday.

I started toying with the velocity, and the higher I turned up the velocity, the more it would double feed, and shoot funny as well.

I have the stock velocity spring and I'm content with a 1 1/4 clckwise turn.

I asume that a some had to do with the bit of force applied by the Halo.

Thanx for the Info on that V35 upgrade.

Hob Hayward
11-07-2006, 11:48 AM
Its possible to lock the ACS bolt to prevent it from working, which will also keep pressure from the force feed loader from pushing it back to allow multiple balls in. Also check your detents to see if they're worn if you havn't already.

new_Faction64
11-07-2006, 12:16 PM
Its possible to lock the ACS bolt to prevent it from working, which will also keep pressure from the force feed loader from pushing it back to allow multiple balls in. Also check your detents to see if they're worn if you havn't already.

The head of the screw on mine or w/e got stripped...lousy bolt.

Alien
11-07-2006, 02:29 PM
where is the detent ? loll do you need to play near the trigger?

Hob Hayward
11-07-2006, 03:12 PM
Its underneath the feedneck. The little black rubber thingy.

wylde01
11-07-2006, 04:52 PM
so how much did you guys pay for the halo b and the v35 board?

new_Faction64
11-08-2006, 03:33 AM
Before we jump to conclusions, why exactly does the z-code board outshoot the MR2? I dont like the idea of people thinking the v35 board will be important or something.

Jarhead
11-08-2006, 09:37 AM
so how much did you guys pay for the halo b and the v35 board?

They usually run $130 to $150 range, I picked mine up for $100.00 brand new with the V35 and Rip drive installed. but I just got a lucky break.

MDC
11-08-2006, 09:04 PM
I got my HaloB from actionvillage.com. Has Rip Drive and came out to a total of $108 with shipping. Hell, you can even order it from walmart.com for about the same price. They'll ship it to your nearest WalMart Store, than they email you when it's ready for pick up.
However I just rather buy from a distributor that knows about the stuff they sell.

http://www.walmart.com/catalog/product.do?product_id=4321042

http://www.actionvillage.com/is-bin/INTERSHOP.enfinity/eCS/Store/en/-/USD/DisplayProductInformation-Start;sid=KB28uhm-Hiy8vVzs7It8EhNqjV0JZi1is7w=?ProductID=OhvAqArbVUQ AAAEBAMxjr5HA

jon1108
11-10-2006, 06:07 PM
Get a v35 board on a halo b and go full auto.Trust me it almost never chops.Worth the money spent dude