PDA

View Full Version : First tattoo story/pictures.

Moe
10-31-2006, 05:07 PM
After months and months of consideration I have finally gotten my first tattoo. I sat down for my first session 2 weekends ago. I have one more session to get it all shaded in and what not. I was going to wait to show it to anyone until I got it complete, but I just can't wait. hah.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v304/akamoe/100_2209.jpg
Sorry for the emoish picture...I was doing it myself. And concentrating really hard. hah.

I went with my girlfriend to a local tattoo parlor in Aurora, Illinois. She got a small fish on her foot, and I got the celtic tree of life on my ribs. The artist tried to talk me out of getting on my ribs because it was my first tattoo, and apparently the ribs are the most painful part to get inked. I had my mind set on it though, and I went under the needle. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though I'm not going to try and lie and say it didn't hurt. Cuz it did. I think the only way I can describe it is a hot knife cutting a few millimeters into your skin. I liked it though. Once I get this one finished up I am hoping to get something on my left ribs to balance it out. All in all it was an awesome experience.You should all try it out!

pbfreak3221
10-31-2006, 05:55 PM
That looks awesome, I was considering getting one on my arm, but decided agaisnt it.

marvin-martian
10-31-2006, 06:09 PM
looks good so far. hows it going to be shaded?

camo911
10-31-2006, 06:11 PM
Sweet!:D looks awesome:up:

marvin-martian
10-31-2006, 06:19 PM
now we have to wait for druid to come on and give us a history lesson about the orgins of that symbol

stylinbeaver
10-31-2006, 06:27 PM
Looks cool. I geuss. Not a fan out tats.

Hossy
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM
now we have to wait for druid to come on and give us a history lesson about the orgins of that symbol

ohhh nooooooooo

looks good bud

show us more when it is finished

Moe
10-31-2006, 06:43 PM

The tree of life illustrates the appreciation for the interconnectedness of all things, and the journey through life. It also represents the love that grows out of Christ, and how he feeds all that is life. Tree's also just represents life in general.

Do you think I would get something inked on me without knowing what it means?

As for the shading, I want it to have depth to it. I don't really know how to explain it.

marvin-martian
10-31-2006, 06:47 PM
Do you think I would get something inked on me without knowing what it means?

no, i was just making fun of druid for wearing kilts everywhere

Moe
10-31-2006, 06:49 PM

oh ok cool. haha. Damn Irish.:rainbow:

Ace24
10-31-2006, 07:48 PM
oh ok cool. haha. Damn Irish.:rainbow:
I'm Irish... :(

Dude, If I didnt have such hairy legs, and the balls to do it... I would. Can you imagine the comfort? So much airflow... its like ahhhhhhhhhhh.

But I was thinking about getting "Honor" in Japanese Kanji on my back, like around the shoulder area.

calebh
10-31-2006, 08:13 PM
im only 17 dangit... since christian rock is such a huge part of my life, i drew up this cool little thing with a guitar hanging from a cross, almost like the cross is playing it, and im seriously thinking about getting it tattooed when i leave for colelge next year. getting a triquetra somewhere is also a possibility. i figure if i still like either design by that time, its not something im gonna hate and regret getting later.

Moe
10-31-2006, 08:17 PM
I thought about a triquetra, and would still considering a small one somewhere. But yeah, i would definitely recomend drawing something out now and looking at it for months. You will know whether you want it or not then.

MadMan66
10-31-2006, 09:44 PM
yeah, i took a sharp pencil and cut myself on the forearm to give myself a tattoo, you can still see it a little but i have to re-do it. when i'm 18 i'm going to get a tattoo on my forearm of a cross, and that'll be the only one

Darkh2o
11-01-2006, 04:32 AM
...But yeah, i would definitely recomend drawing something out now and looking at it for months. You will know whether you want it or not then.

Good answer Moe! I have a few tats and I highly recommend looking at it for months before getting it. I would even get several copies of the one you are thinking of getting and put them all over your house...on the bathroom mirror, in your room, kitchen, car...you get the point. That way you see it all the time, everywhere you go. If you get tired of it after "living" with it for a while, start with a new image and repeat the process until you find "the one".

Also, think about placement. Do you want to be able to see it without looking in a mirror (i.e. your back/shoulders)? Also, what is the body part going to look like when you are older (i.e. flat abs now...beer belly at 50).

My $0.02. Time to get down from my soapbox.:)

RomeNYRR
11-01-2006, 05:22 AM
must've been painful, but it does look good. cant wait to see what its like with the shading

bamf-hacker
11-01-2006, 07:25 AM
Moe you are screwed!!!

You are now in the Tat club and you will be getting more...

Speaking of more only 7 more days till my next one :)

Nice Tat buddy and cant wait to see the finished product!

Moe
11-01-2006, 01:20 PM
must've been painful, but it does look good. cant wait to see what its like with the shading

It was slightly, especially on the parts up closer to my armpit, and towards my man boob. It was never unbearable though. And you don't understand how anxious I am to have it done! hah. It's all I can think about.

And i know bamf, I am screwed. I'm already planning one for my other ribs to balance everything out.:) It hurts so good!

pbfreak3221
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
What are you thinking about for the other side?

Ace24
11-01-2006, 01:27 PM
It hurts so good!
Lol. Mind wandered when I read taht.

Gee Tee
11-01-2006, 02:52 PM
Nice tattoo Moe,

I got my 1st tattoo a few months ago. Promised I'd get one done for my 40th birthday and it took me another 2 years to finally take the plunge. Pencilled my own tribal artwork before geting a local artist to ink me. It does hurt a bit despite what some say - but don't think it'll be my last. Quite fancy a dragon or something similar next perhaps with more colour.

Watch this space?

Ace24
11-01-2006, 04:32 PM
http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/JapaneseKanji-HonorCopy.jpg

Thats the tattoo I want on my back, right below my neck, on the shoulder area. Nice and simple. Probably one of the only tattoos I would get.