PDA

View Full Version : VS3 Story :(

RomeNYRR
10-30-2006, 06:03 AM
Yesterday was my (24th) birthday and I decided to take my new VS3 to the indoor paintball field in New York. We arrived at the field at around 4pm and my first impressions of the field was, "WOWZER, what a crap hole". This place, NYC Paintball, was poorly run and its like safety didn't exist in the arena. Without myself and friends screaming at everyone to put theirs sleeves on their barrels and head gear on, I fear someones eye might have gotten taken out if we werent there. The staff consisted of a bunch of teenagers who think they're the hot ****, pardon my french, and they only care about their tourney buddies and no one else.

So after I settle down I immediately made my way to the pro shop which looked like a push cart selling hot dogs. I picked up the "Vlocity" loader :), which came in a BROKEN box. I didn't care to much about the condition of the box just the loader which came in immaculate condition. This was the highlight of my night.

So I buy a couple of 9 volts and install the loader on my VS3. Dam it was looking sweet :). After that I head over to the CO2/Nitro area to borrow a rental Nitro tank which they gave me without a problem. I cocked the bolt back and made sure that the asa was turned all the way to the off position. I start screwing in the tank and before I turn it all the way, it starts hissing air. Being a noob I didn't know what this meant and the staff did not want to help me. Saying they didn't want to "break my spyder". so I turned the ASA all the way to the on position and finished screwing in the rest the tank. Then i heard this "hissing" sound coming from the barrel. I took it to someone more knowledgeable on the field and they said if this is a new marker, this is how it should be till i shoot out paint.

I get on the field and start playing. The hissing was getting louder, and more annoying BTW. When the VS3 shoots, IT SHOOTS. I had no chops, and the rocking trigger is on the money. In a matter of seconds I took out my brother with 6-8 shots lol. After the game was done the tank gauge said "0". i was like wtf. This field doesnt have an AIRSMITH so i didnt know what to do. So a quick solution was me removing the tank after a break and refilling ever 2 games. I know this is definetly not supposed to happen so i'm sad about my VS3 being broken :(. my gauge is stuck at 200 and there's no air in it :(.

I'm going to try taking it to a local air smith and see what they can do. If not i'm going to have to send it to kingman and have them fix it. Overall the field and staff was crap, but i had fun because my family was there to enjoy this horrible experience with me lol. The tourney guys were like lets do 7 on 3. 7 of us vs them. I was like "Lets Do it", joe swanson style. I informed my less knowledgeable team of the shooting lanes and told em, just to put paint on their bunkers so we can supress and flank em. We owned em 4 times in a row, and that was the second highlight of my night.

I'll let you guys know what happens at the air smith, but how do you load your tanks on your markers, for the vs2/3 owners? what are the exact steps that you do, because i followed the directions on the manual and thought that i had messed up somewhere.

TheRedBarron
10-30-2006, 06:11 AM
ok, so it hisses from the barrel when cocked? that is odd, there is no pressure on the valve therefor no air should be in the upper body of the marker. unless of course you are missing or have a blown oring. Tear it down and take a look at the Orings.

Upon better reading of what you said...

If your gauge is stuck at 200PSI it sounds as if you blew the gauge, which would mean that your regulator was turned too high for the gauge to take all of the air that was rushing into your gun, it could be that the leak is simply the overflow being activated due to too high of a pressure being in your marker. Turn your regulator down some and let us know how it goes.

bamf-hacker
10-30-2006, 07:04 AM
:yeahthat:

and Happy Belated Best Day for a Birthday

Wow I am a decade older than you :)

Drefish99
10-30-2006, 07:36 AM
Before you take it to an airsmith or pay anyone at a shop I would suggest contacting Kingman. I am starting to see a problem with the first run of VS and you contacting Kingman can let them know about problems people are having. It is a new marker. I would A) contact the manufacturer or B) contact the place I purchased from. Before spending any more money into a marker that should be in good working order.

Kingman-Rep
10-30-2006, 03:37 PM
Before you take it to an airsmith or pay anyone at a shop I would suggest contacting Kingman. I am starting to see a problem with the first run of VS and you contacting Kingman can let them know about problems people are having. It is a new marker. I would A) contact the manufacturer or B) contact the place I purchased from. Before spending any more money into a marker that should be in good working order.

If you need help contacting us PM me with your info.

chakaloso
10-30-2006, 04:20 PM
The leaking down the barrel could be the cup seal, i had the same issue with my vs3, i contacted kingman and thatīs what they told me.......i just replaced it and everything was fine........but yes, like someone above said, the first thing to do is to contact kingman, they have a great customer service..... Yesterday was my (24th) birthday and I decided to take my new VS3 to the indoor paintball field in New York. We arrived at the field at around 4pm and my first impressions of the field was, "WOWZER, what a crap hole". This place, NYC Paintball, was poorly run and its like safety didn't exist in the arena. Without myself and friends screaming at everyone to put theirs sleeves on their barrels and head gear on, I fear someones eye might have gotten taken out if we werent there. The staff consisted of a bunch of teenagers who think they're the hot ****, pardon my french, and they only care about their tourney buddies and no one else.

So after I settle down I immediately made my way to the pro shop which looked like a push cart selling hot dogs. I picked up the "Vlocity" loader :), which came in a BROKEN box. I didn't care to much about the condition of the box just the loader which came in immaculate condition. This was the highlight of my night.

So I buy a couple of 9 volts and install the loader on my VS3. Dam it was looking sweet :). After that I head over to the CO2/Nitro area to borrow a rental Nitro tank which they gave me without a problem. I cocked the bolt back and made sure that the asa was turned all the way to the off position. I start screwing in the tank and before I turn it all the way, it starts hissing air. Being a noob I didn't know what this meant and the staff did not want to help me. Saying they didn't want to "break my spyder". so I turned the ASA all the way to the on position and finished screwing in the rest the tank. Then i heard this "hissing" sound coming from the barrel. I took it to someone more knowledgeable on the field and they said if this is a new marker, this is how it should be till i shoot out paint.

I get on the field and start playing. The hissing was getting louder, and more annoying BTW. When the VS3 shoots, IT SHOOTS. I had no chops, and the rocking trigger is on the money. In a matter of seconds I took out my brother with 6-8 shots lol. After the game was done the tank gauge said "0". i was like wtf. This field doesnt have an AIRSMITH so i didnt know what to do. So a quick solution was me removing the tank after a break and refilling ever 2 games. I know this is definetly not supposed to happen so i'm sad about my VS3 being broken :(. my gauge is stuck at 200 and there's no air in it :(.

I'm going to try taking it to a local air smith and see what they can do. If not i'm going to have to send it to kingman and have them fix it. Overall the field and staff was crap, but i had fun because my family was there to enjoy this horrible experience with me lol. The tourney guys were like lets do 7 on 3. 7 of us vs them. I was like "Lets Do it", joe swanson style. I informed my less knowledgeable team of the shooting lanes and told em, just to put paint on their bunkers so we can supress and flank em. We owned em 4 times in a row, and that was the second highlight of my night.

I'll let you guys know what happens at the air smith, but how do you load your tanks on your markers, for the vs2/3 owners? what are the exact steps that you do, because i followed the directions on the manual and thought that i had messed up somewhere.

badlandsrox
10-30-2006, 07:52 PM
try putting about 6 drops of oil down the asa, and gass it up with bolt not cocked, then pull it back after u gas it up, also, was it possibly a HP tank you were using?

nitrobassboats
10-31-2006, 05:16 AM
leaking downt the barrel,
the cup seal on the valve is probably not sealing correctly or it has come loose ,i believe Otter mentioned it was also loctited on it also could be on the new valve i imagine as the pin guide has 2 or rings on it along with the valve itself could be one of these .
In conversation with My gf who also happens to be a Spec Gas expert she explained these gauges might be crappo with a weak spring , can the Kingman rep comment on that ?????
Thanks
I love ma Spyders
nitro

Drefish99
10-31-2006, 06:55 AM
If you need help contacting us PM me with your info.

Awesome CS :D :tup:

On another note with having some balance valve experience. It might be good practice before airing up the marker to push the bolt forward to open and close the valve a bit and to make sure it doesn't stick in the open position. It is also good practice to use the Bob Long method of airing up your marker to get the best consistency by introducing the air slowly. This is done by making sure that the reg is all the way closed and your gauge is reading Zero with your tank it. Even with the on/off enabled. Then over the chrono start raising your psi to 200 as it reads on the gauge and finally adjust fps with the adjustment screw in the back to the desired FPS. Then all day of play don't turn the air on or off as you will have to do this procedure all over again. This will ensure that all your seals and springs are not shocked with a sudden introduction of 200psi. Just a tip. I do this with my markers all the time and get great consistency.

Oscum Guy
10-31-2006, 12:00 PM
The leaking down the barrel could be the cup seal, i had the same issue with my vs3, i contacted kingman and thatīs what they told me.......i just replaced it and everything was fine........but yes, like someone above said, the first thing to do is to contact kingman, they have a great customer service.....
thats was the problem on my friends compact. also the valve o rings. so we replaced the cup seal and orings and it worked fine.

RomeNYRR
10-31-2006, 12:21 PM
Kingman has AWESOME customer service :). I contacted a Tech Rep out there who had sent me a bolt spring previously, and he told me to ship it out there and they would take care of it in 48 hours. I fedexed today so it should be there tomorrow, and i should have it back in time for my big game with my family next week. Kingman rocks!!!! Drefish, i'm definetly going to try using Bob Longs method of airing up a marker.

RomeNYRR
11-01-2006, 04:33 AM
try putting about 6 drops of oil down the asa, and gass it up with bolt not cocked, then pull it back after u gas it up, also, was it possibly a HP tank you were using?

It's possible, but theres a LP and HP tank?

Drefish99
11-01-2006, 05:31 AM
LP tank output - 400psi
HP tank output - 800psi

General rule is you run the tank at least 200psi more than your operating pressure which to this gun is 200psi. So in theory both LP and HP tanks should work.

RomeNYRR
11-01-2006, 09:55 AM
LP tank output - 400psi
HP tank output - 800psi

General rule is you run the tank at least 200psi more than your operating pressure which to this gun is 200psi. So in theory both LP and HP tanks should work.

that gauge doesnt go past 300 ( I think, i dont have it in front of me), so if i put in a tank thats 800psi and let it rush into the chambers, can that break my gauge and seals?

Drefish99
11-01-2006, 10:32 AM
Well no because you have a bottom line regulator/ on/off that is holding back the 800psi from crapping out your gauge and internals. If you were to throw a standard pass through ASA or duckbill then you would be.

RomeNYRR
11-01-2006, 10:39 AM
so is that bottom line regulator on/off switch supposed to be turned all the way, or half way? in the book it says turn it to the on position, but you can turn it about 5 or 6 times before its locked. i'm still squirmish on the whole regulator/air subject. please assist :(

CareBear-Killer
11-01-2006, 02:20 PM
next to the on/off dial, there is a small screw. one of the small allen wrenches that came with the marker will fit in there just fine.. this screw is what controls the regulator... using this, you can adjust how much air reaches the gun. Off hand, i'm not sure if you turn it to the right, or left to turn down the pressure.,, I don't have my marker nearby, but i believe on my VS3 it was a silver screw...

i would reccomend the same thing as mentioned above... turning the reg pressure down all the way, attach your air tank, turn the on/off all the way to the on position, and then slowly increase the pressure by turning the allen wrench/screw, until the guage on the marker shows roughly200psi. then re-chrono and adjust the volocity spring as needed, before chronoing you could probably dry fire rapidly to make sure the marker will recock in rapid fire conditions. if it has problems, just increase the pressure a little and try again.

also, as far as the on/off dial goes. turn it until it stops... both with turning it on and off. if you have your tank off your marker and look at the pin/stem inside you can see that each turn of the dial moves the pin either in or out very slowly.