PDA

View Full Version : got a couple of upgrade questions.

ballerfolife
10-29-2006, 12:15 PM
Alright i'm new to the forums and new with the Pilot ACS and need to know some stuff about this gun.
1. What is the best clamping feendeck for my gun(for the best price)and where is the best place to get it?
2. Does the compressed air make much of a difference(i have a bottle and getting a regulator in the near future.
3. Some times when i start shooting fast, the gun will double shoot, but only one ball will come out. Is that because I am using CO2?
4. Also, other times when i start to shoot fast the bolt will uncock. Any suggestions on what that is?

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks,
jerrod

Hob Hayward
10-29-2006, 12:43 PM
1. CCM Heliclamp, or NDZ Clamping both with tabs, not holes. www.sundragonpps.com
2. Compressed Air is more consistant than co2.
3. Co2 is stored as a liquid and not a gas that has been compressed, so the phase change into a gas takes time, thus the pressure in the tank can drop to levels that will be too low to properly recock the gun. This can be solved with an HPA tank. Polishing your stock striker will help with re-cocking if you stick with co2.
4. same as 3

If your getting a reg for your gun and you stay using co2, I'd suggest the Palmers stabilizer. Its the best money can buy for Co2, and its amazingly nice.

ballerfolife
10-30-2006, 04:22 PM
ok, one more question.
If I'm going to run my gun on compressed air, do i need to get a gauge for my gun?(i think it's a gauge..It's whatever tells you how much air is going throught the gun).Ya kind of a noob question but I've never dealt with compressed air.

Sandman_Bravo
10-30-2006, 05:19 PM
If you buy a compressed air tank (or HPA = high pressure air) it will come with a gauge on it. Gauges that are usually mounted on a marker give the pressure reading just before the gas enters the valve. Most people use them when running a LP (low pressure) set-up. Good luck.

Hob Hayward
10-30-2006, 06:04 PM
Yeah, its definitely not neccissary to have, but they can be useful, I wouldn't spend the money unless you have a reg though, the gauge on the tank works perfectly well.