PDA

View Full Version : Halo/Empire B 9v mod

Hob Hayward
10-29-2006, 09:59 AM
I'm about to mod my B2 with the 9v mod so I can use the rechargeable 9v's I used in my halo TSA, however I always end up forgetting which way ups voltage and which way ups currnt. I need more current, and the same voltage, I think its solder all the same color wires toghether to do that, but I want to confirm it before I risk frying the b2 board...

stylinbeaver
10-29-2006, 01:28 PM
I've got it on my Halo were it runs two 9 volts. The wires are opposite for some reason. I've tried both ways and this is the only way it works.

Hob Hayward
10-29-2006, 01:43 PM
Weird. My friend just told me that I'd need to wire them so all same dcolor would be attached to each other. That way you increase the current, but not the voltage. I think yours would be double voltage if you wired oposites togheter.

stylinbeaver
10-29-2006, 01:49 PM
Not sure. I just know it works! lol

sidekick
10-30-2006, 07:57 AM
If the wires are the same color, red to red - black to black, this is a parallel circuit - voltage stay the same current goes up = Longer run time.
If the wires are different colors , black to red, it's wired in series circuit - voltage goes up current stays the same = Higher speed.

Darkh2o
11-01-2006, 04:42 AM
Or you could go this route...

http://www.anythingxtreme.com/Code-242-HALO-9-Volt-Battery-Clip-P9508C3792.aspx

Just an option.

Drefish99
11-01-2006, 06:40 AM
I used to make this mod and sell them on here as well as PBNation. I found through my testing though that the 9v's didn't last as long and they also didn't produce enough current to keep a steady stream of balls feeding into my marker during long strings to I stopped making them, selling them, and supporting them. If you really wish to lighten a Halo/Empire get a rechargable bone pack or one of those other aftermarket battery packs designed for this loader.

Hob Hayward
11-01-2006, 03:01 PM
Well I did the mod, cost me 2.50 for 5 9v clips. Soldered toghether, two of them of the same colors to each other and then opposites for the one that hooks up to clip in the hopper. I noticed a pretty big differance form a single 9v. The drive cone kept spinning, and in a drop test it was going ~30 so I 'm satisfied. The main reason I did it though dre is so I can use the 9v batteries that I already had for my Halo TSA. I don't make neough money to be buying dtons of AA's all the time, and buying rechargable AA's is wayyyy expensive.