PDA

View Full Version : The media, it sickens me at times.

Moe
10-29-2006, 07:12 AM
http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/15463034/site/newsweek

The article is not a bad one, but one part struck me as disgusting.

Overseas, the threat is more ominous: reports of a possible attack on Saudi oil installations (which could raise U.S. gas prices).

Lets not metion the thousands of soldiers, and innocent people that would die because of this senseless conflict...Is gas really all this world is worried about anymore? We shouldn't be using it like we do anyways. I guess the United States values gas prices more than innocent lives.

I guess its not really a big deal. It is just one article. It just really caught me off guard.

discuss.flame.whatever.

spyderpaintball
10-29-2006, 07:16 AM
In MSNBC's defense. They are a financial network thus when writing they look at the financial side of the story.

On the other hand. I dislike the media for their partisan bickering and mudslinging.

claustrophobia9
10-29-2006, 07:32 AM
in general people suck

xtraking
10-29-2006, 09:01 AM
today on msnbc they were talking about the governor race in indiana or whatever, and for like 2 seconds they showed bush's approval ratings... hmm wonder why.

durrell
10-29-2006, 10:05 AM
If you don't want to see biased media, then don't watch TV. Because there's not a single station that isn't biased in someway as far as news is concerned.

DFSniper
11-02-2006, 07:29 AM
yep. thats what my english/history teacher tells everyone, so all he reads/watches/listens to is BBC... and according to CNN, since the economy has gone up and gas prices down, more and more people dont think of those two as a primary concern during elections.

DRAGON
11-02-2006, 03:10 PM
I have not owned or watched a TV for almost 3 years now. Only thing I really miss are those political commercials around election time - :smirk:

MatthewTheTheif
11-02-2006, 04:08 PM
yeah, some of those are funny, theres one down here for a senator and all it is is an empty chair thats rolling around DC, kinda funny if you dont listen to the sound

DRAGON
11-02-2006, 04:40 PM
I was being sarcastic Matt lol - ;)