PDA

View Full Version : Has anyone got the VerC for the 06???

SharpObjects
10-28-2006, 08:05 PM
I wanted to know if anyone got the VerC for the Electra 06/MR3.

If so, does it fix the battery drain problem?

And I bet I do, but to make sure; do I need to buy Scenario Dream's eyes?

CareBear-Killer
10-28-2006, 10:35 PM
Not sure if anyone here has tested or used the 06 board in their electra. however, the same board is used in the VS markers and a few people have tested the board in VS markers.. you may want to ask in that section..

PumaPride04
10-29-2006, 02:52 PM
yea wondering if you have to buy sd eyes to

Mistic67
10-29-2006, 03:33 PM
Does anyone know if those boards have a connection for a recharging port? I was thinking of swapping out the stock board in my MR3 but I hoped to be able to use the rechargeable battery.

SharpObjects
10-29-2006, 03:49 PM
I'm sure it definatly has a charging port. I don't think Damon at SD would not make a T-board without the charging port. The 06 Electra board will fit in the MR3 fine.

Off-topic-Mistic67, where in Jersey are you located? Anywhere near Toms river or Pt. Pleasent?

MVS1
10-29-2006, 07:32 PM
yea wondering if you have to buy sd eyes to

You don't have to buy the eyes, your stock ones will work, however you will need to buy a membrane pad, such as the Dye, required for electra.

http://www.scenariodreams.com/productpages/electra.htm

SharpObjects
10-30-2006, 10:31 AM
The only thing is, if you click on store, it will have the 06 one

http://www.scenariodreams.com/oscommerce/product_info.php?products_id=159&osCsid=e011d16ef8ed6fe7e4ba6561b1c32515

It includes the Dye Membrane, and it says it includes break-beam, but I'm thinking that they are talking about the programming itself, that it includes the software to have breakbeams.

I'm gonna buy eyes seperate anyways, just to be sure.

MVS1
10-30-2006, 11:13 AM
email damon@scenariodreams.com ... he'll be able to best answer your questions.

PumaPride04
11-01-2006, 11:06 AM
sorry if noob question but wat does the dye membrane do?

CareBear-Killer
11-01-2006, 02:38 PM
the membrane pad is the user input sensors... rather than pressing 1 button or messing with dip switches, you use the buttons on the pad to 'interact' with the marker to change your settings.

SharpObjects
11-02-2006, 10:28 AM
Damon told me that the Electra 06/MR3 VerC comes with the pad and the eyes. It includes everything needed for stock Spyders makers eyes.

Mistic67
11-06-2006, 12:42 PM
Can someone tell me, while in eye alignment mode, which one is break beam? Is it LED on or off?

I just got the VerC T board for my MR3 and it seems like the eyes can't be aligned. I even took them both back out & put them together.

I emailed Damon, but haven't heard back yet.

Hob Hayward
11-06-2006, 02:00 PM
Forget the eye alignment tool, you shouldn't need it. Just test the eyes with paint, even if they're not precisely aligned, they'll still work because its just light, not a laser.

Mistic67
11-06-2006, 06:02 PM
Sorry, I meant to say when you are adjusting settings, does the LED on mean breakbeam or bouncebeam?

Oh, and I fixed the eye problem after I received Damon's email. It turns out the wires for the photo sensor were reversed. I let Damon know, just in case.

MVS1
11-06-2006, 06:33 PM
What do you mean "the wires for the photo sensor were reversed". Reason I ask is because when I activate my eye alignment tool the LED is off until I obstruct the eyes then it comes on, which is reverse from what the instructions say it should be.

Hob Hayward
11-07-2006, 11:00 AM
Meh, the alignment tool never worked right for my brother, you don't need precise alignment though, so it doesn'treally matter.

Move past the eye alignment tool and set the other settings, the eyes will be aligned unless you somehow drilled the two holes so they were completely wrong.

Mistic67
11-07-2006, 05:39 PM
What do you mean "the wires for the photo sensor were reversed". Reason I ask is because when I activate my eye alignment tool the LED is off until I obstruct the eyes then it comes on, which is reverse from what the instructions say it should be.
What I mean is the eyes did not work until I put my finger on the sensor. It would not detect a ball at all. Since I how electronics, I tinkered w/ the board. That's how I found the sensor wires (Blue & Black) were reversed. Now it's working fine except for a couple of minor things. yesterday the battery drained. Today, the EP jumper popped out as I was testing 25 BPS setting.