PDA

View Full Version : VS better than your LP Spyder?

DRAGON
10-28-2006, 09:30 AM
For those of you that have successfully converted a regular Spyder to low pressure and bought a VS: is the VS that much different performance wise than your LP converted Spyder is/was? -

I know the VS's have the new valve and lighter striker but was wondering if the recoil, report, accuracy, efficiency, recharge, general performance was better or comparable to your home modded LP Spyder? If you got a VS2 chances are you paid a bit less than a home modded LP Spyder so that's a plus from the box. The only disadvantage I see thus far is the HPA thing but no one has made a definite comparison or last word if using C02 on the VS is practical. It is certainly an advantage to just take the marker from the box LP'd and all -

Anyone?...........:confused:

Cakeslob
10-28-2006, 12:42 PM
price wise...this kills my lp spyders
weight is alot less, and it shoots smoother...if that makes sense
but home modded eye install>the vs eyes and cannals

Hob Hayward
10-28-2006, 12:58 PM
I had also been thinking this Dragon. I was like damn. 200 psi operation is better htna my spyder can ever hope for. I hope to test a VS out and see the differences.

STRIKEFIRST
10-28-2006, 01:48 PM
myself also...

tboard, eyes and new bolt...or vs 2 :/

Cakeslob
10-28-2006, 03:11 PM
with the vs, there isnt like 99 spring combos to mess with to get right

DRAGON
10-28-2006, 03:44 PM
So are you saying that the eye logic is a bit shy of kosher on the VS marker you have Cakes? Why may I ask? -

OtterSC
10-28-2006, 04:04 PM
the VS takes all the fun of getting to LP out of a "Spyder". however, can one get a VS to a lower PSI? yes! i have gotten the marker down to 150psi.

as you may know, i have converted all my Spyders to LP. comparing the physical performance, i think it is equal. have not really counted the shots per fill with a VS yet. with a balanced LP Spyder, you can come close to, if not exceed double that of a regular Spyder.

price wise, VS beats a converted Spyder. maintenance of both markers are equal.

i guess the bottom line is, if you do not mind spending some money, convert an LP Spyder as you can get that "custom" performance. but a VS will allow performance of LP out of the box.

this may change as i look deeper into the VS marker.

Hob Hayward
10-28-2006, 04:35 PM
the VS takes all the fun of getting to LP out of a "Spyder". however, can one get a VS to a lower PSI? yes! i have gotten the marker down to 150psi.

I presume a comprehensive walk-through is on its way :)?

STRIKEFIRST
10-28-2006, 08:26 PM

as you may know, i have converted all my Spyders to LP. comparing the physical performance, i think it is equal. have not really counted the shots per fill with a VS yet. with a balanced LP Spyder, you can come close to, if not exceed double that of a regular Spyder.

price wise, VS beats a converted Spyder. maintenance of both markers are equal.

i guess the bottom line is, if you do not mind spending some money, convert an LP Spyder as you can get that "custom" performance. but a VS will allow performance of LP out of the box.

this may change as i look deeper into the VS marker.

Well master otter...If you can work your magic on a VS2 and get to 150 psi...and we can chage out the front block (soon) we can still get somewhat of a custom joy.

I may just leave my lp pilot without a tboard and eyes and use for thsoe "c02" moments in life. AKA woodsball in the backwoods where HPA is non existent.

Cakeslob
10-28-2006, 10:59 PM
So are you saying that the eye logic is a bit shy of kosher on the VS marker you have Cakes? Why may I ask? -
i mean the way its milled for the eyes and what not...when you do it custom, you make sure its perfect, but the vs its done for you...and its a very tight fit...lots of pinching..like...eyes and that fit better if you fitted it for your own marker

and i dont know if stock board has eye logic or not...i replaced it when i got it

nitrobassboats
10-29-2006, 05:18 AM
VS vs. Lp Imagine
I have found that on a whole the VS does not outperform my Lp Imagine.
(Vs2)I have found numerous problems with it though they seem to be quite minor.The VS2 does not operate properly at 200 psi i think most of you have found out ( recocking issues) i have also found that for some reason when the HpA gets to about 1500 psi the markers recocking issue doubles(why i have no idea)i have used 2 different Hpa tanks with the same result.The markers strengths are its accuracy, quietness( i find my Lp Imagine as quiet as the VS2)its feedneck is a plus,it doesnot chop paint at all (have had no chops or broken paint even using garbage paint)I also think the regulator is going to have issues down the road ( have had the pressure creeps etc)
All in all its a great buy for the price and beats forking out all the cash for LP parts.The Imagine set at 275 psi and light spring combos ( i havent had to change yet ) is greatly consistent, with great gas mileage accuracy, acoustics and speed( rocking trigger)I will get flamed for this but when i use the Apex barrel on the imagine ,i never chop and accuracy is tremondous.
It uses a a Torpedo reg,ACS bolt,Assault block, titanium striker,ND hi perf valve,and more.
Price the VS2 wins/Performance the LP wins
Nitro

Theheroguy
10-29-2006, 02:51 PM
my vs recocks stock at about 180 no problem I just used it yesterday at 180 on my dxs 68/4500

thechubbss12
10-30-2006, 05:01 AM
I think the VS2 was a hit or miss... Like Nitrobass said... the reg is going to have some issues down the road... Unfortunatly mine already is and is so bad that i can even shoot LOL... anything over 275PSI and you marker will not fire (my stock reg creeps that bad to go from 190PSI to 270PSi in a matter of seconds..... it also has major recharge issues...)

nitrobassboats
10-30-2006, 06:22 AM
my vs recocks stock at about 180 no problem I just used it yesterday at 180 on my dxs 68/4500
hmmmmm can you send chubbs the regulator off your marker ???/
id like to see a vid of it shootin at 180 psi ,shooting a full hopper!
nitro