PDA

View Full Version : October NON Spyder of the Month Poll Part A

vikingshadow
10-28-2006, 06:31 AM
*****DO NOT GET CONFUSED!!! THE DESCRIPTION OF THE GUN IS ABOVE THE PICTURE! MAKE SURE YOU VOTE FOR THE CORRECT GUN!!!*****

THIS IS A 2-PART POLL! THE TOP 3 FROM THIS ONE WILL GO ON TO THE FINALS WITH THE TOP 3 FROM THE OTHER POLL!!

Please do not discuss whose gun is in the picture. If you know, keep the secret. You may discuss it in this thread...just not whose it is.

NO OTHER PICTURES ALLOWED in this thread....

Vote for the non Spyder you like best or the one that you feel has the most work done or improvement.

***Note - if the picture I received was significantly larger than the required size, a link was used instead of the actual picture AS PER THE RULES!***

***Note - Pictures were posted in the order in which I received them. Random selection was not a factor.

Polls close in 7 days. Have a great contest!

************************************************** ****************************************

1. "Zenix" Zip Kitted 03 Fenix - Zip Kit, Delrin T-1 Ram, Macroline, CP Shorty Regulator, CP Rail, CP On/Off Bleed ASA, J&J Ceramic 14" Barrel, Killa Detents, Custom Bolt, Trinity T-Lock Feedneck, Z-boarded Evlution, Viewloader II (Half and Half shell), Bob Long 0-300 psi Gauge, Custom Painted Black/Silver body, Custom Painted Black Grips

http://i3.photobucket.com/albums/y81/TeddyBearFuzz/100_2586copy.jpg

2. A-bomb Timmy - UL Back, Stiffi Front Barrel, Tadao Infamous M6 Board.

http://img144.imageshack.us/img144/6945/abombshoottwo4fe6.jpg

3. DM6

http://img324.imageshack.us/img324/2509/p1010007is2.jpg

4. Shocker

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/5728/p1010001ft0.jpg

5. Sniper 2

http://img401.imageshack.us/img401/6346/p1010014sp4.jpg

6. Bob Long Defiant

http://img98.imageshack.us/img98/3642/p1010010sg7.jpg

7. Empire 2 Timmy

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v163/chakazulu/paintball%20things/empire27.jpg

8. Lisa (2006 Smartparts Ion) - Virtue Board, Dye Membrane Pad, Virtue Blue Laser Eyes, Virtue EZ-On, Foehn v2 Body Kit, TechT L6 Bolt, AKA 2-liter +, CP Sling Blade Trigger, SP Q-Lock Feedneck, CP 2K5 ASA w/bleed, SP 360 QEV, 2K6 Freak Back w/SS inserts, Stiffi Mamba Tip, SP Mini Drop, 2K6 Hybrid Contract Killer Grips, Kila Reaction Ball Detents, NDZ Snatch Grip

http://img45.imageshack.us/img45/6748/lisajq5.jpg

Ace24
10-28-2006, 11:51 AM
Stiff compitition this year. All great looking markers!

yamaha cow
10-28-2006, 03:21 PM
sry lisa but i love the A-bomb.

marvin-martian
10-28-2006, 04:45 PM
so hard to decide!!!!

bamf-hacker
10-28-2006, 07:27 PM
Good luck to all and to all a good night!

vikingshadow
10-29-2006, 01:08 PM
Ok - moved ALL the threads discussing high end guns to another thread to keep the clutter and off topicness from spreading here.

Look for the "What is a mid level/high end gun?" thread here.... (http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=7059)

vikingshadow
10-30-2006, 11:00 AM
Don't forget to vote!

vikingshadow
10-31-2006, 04:38 AM
52 voters in one poll, 55 in another and only 48 voters here? Come on fellows - go all out and vote in ALL the polls, not just the ones your friends are in!

I believe that this is officially the highest voting contest I've ever had! Keep it up!

Ace24
10-31-2006, 12:54 PM
Good luck to all and to all a good night!
Hello Santa :santa:

Wow this is a close one. (I mean, for this poll... the other NSOTM is clear as to who won lol)

bamf-hacker
11-01-2006, 12:13 PM
only a few more days...

Make sure you vote!

Ace24
11-01-2006, 06:42 PM
*anxiety kicking in*

3 guns with 10 votes!

bamf-hacker
11-04-2006, 09:23 PM
After further consideration, there may in fact have been tampering in the Poll. Once Vike returns he will make the final decision if this poll will be made void and a new shortened time frame poll will be put up.

Please do not PM Vike and ask him about the polls. He will make a decision when he is back online.

Hob Hayward
11-05-2006, 07:20 AM
Wow, thats just weird... the A-bomb timmy was owning up the poll for the first few days and then randomly all these other guns come up to take its place...

vikingshadow
11-05-2006, 07:55 AM
Well, so much for a fair contest and poll. Right now, I'm pretty pissed off that there are people here that are so desperate to win a contest that they'd resort to cheating in such a way. In fact, I'm thinking of calling the whole damn thing off for good because there apparantly were several people involved, not just one or two. You know, this crap never happened a year ago, now someone wants to fill themselves up with pride so much they'd resort to this sort of stunt? It'd have to be, because there isn't a tangible reward for it....what, did PBNation start kicking the jerks out, so they came here? Grrrrrrrrrrr......

I've spoken with BAMF and he has an idea who it was that cheated and there WILL BE PM'S sent out to those that he has discovered cheated. Of course, it might go easier on you - with him - if you just confess to him. It won't be so easier with me, trust me. He hasn't told me yet who it was because he thinks I should be a bit easier, but I trust him so you talk to him.

I'll decide later today if I want to set up another poll. Oh, and this goes for the Spyder poll as well - it appears it was tampered with as well. Now, the Part B poll was a runaway, so I won't mess with that one even if it was tampered with. IF I do this, I'm going to make it public, so those of you that are pulling a shens, you won't get away with it in the new one. Let's play nice in this new poll, ok?

phatphil
11-05-2006, 10:50 AM
How could anyone possibly cheat? It's 1 vote per IP and/or Username per poll, unless they actually bothered registering tons of usernames and using proxies all over the place, which is not even worth it anyways.

I don't want that to come off like I have an attitude about it, I'm just curious Vike.

Please post details.

vikingshadow
11-05-2006, 12:30 PM
unless they actually bothered registering tons of usernames and using proxies all over the place, which is not even worth it anyways.

There ya go - that's exactly how it was done. I don't claim to understand it all - but we all know that it's pretty easy for people to make accounts to be anonymous around here. I didn't even recognize it at first - several members were suspicious about it, then BAMF did some digging, and sure enough. Not to mention the fact that multiple accounts are a big no-no here, it just seems a bit sorry to me that someone was desperate enough to go to those steps to win...

I'm not saying any of the winners had a hand in it, but I'm not saying they didn't, either. I personally just don't know about that. I'll let you know later what I came up with on the polls...

Gunny462
11-05-2006, 12:33 PM
There ya go - that's exactly how it was done. I don't claim to understand it all - but we all know that it's pretty easy for people to make accounts to be anonymous around here. I didn't even recognize it at first - several members were suspicious about it, then BAMF did some digging, and sure enough. Not to mention the fact that multiple accounts are a big no-no here, it just seems a bit sorry to me that someone was desperate enough to go to those steps to win...

I'm not saying any of the winners had a hand in it, but I'm not saying they didn't, either. I personally just don't know about that. I'll let you know later what I came up with on the polls...

Pretty sad and low

Nader
11-05-2006, 12:56 PM
I don't think it was so much of wanting their own gun to win, I think it was more of just being a general ******* and tampering so that the polls wouldn't be right:mad: .....I don't know though, but thats the way it seems with this one....

bamf-hacker
11-06-2006, 04:29 AM
Vike, I know it stinks that we cant trust members to play fair. Lets at least finish the polls and we can talk further about future polls. I agree the new polls should be made public.

As for the cheaters:

So far 2 counts of cheating have been documented.

Those members have been notified.

vikingshadow
11-06-2006, 04:48 AM
Ok, sounds like a deal. I'll get the polls up soon as I can.

claustrophobia9
11-06-2006, 12:54 PM
dont forget that phil and spydr are in the same house... that could effect it.

timmyshoota
11-06-2006, 04:44 PM
Pretty sad and low
Holy mother of god...

Forget the cheating...

GUNNY'S BACK!!!!

Back when I actually had a chance in the polls, I had went around asking for votes. I did like a politician, I tried to get people to vote for me. I never would of even thought of making accounts to get votes. I never even won a poll by asking for votes either...

phatphil
11-07-2006, 01:08 PM
Make the next poll public to prevent this.

Whoever said Spydr and I have the same IP, I don't even think he gets on SOC anymore, but I'll have to check his last login date at his profile.

Edit: Yeah I guess he does still get on, although I don't know if he voted for me or not, or voted in the poll at all. If the mods can see usernames, then they should be able to say.

Great to see Gunny back.