PDA

View Full Version : I need a favor from someone with an IPI 3.0......

evolutionlax247
01-11-2006, 04:33 PM
Hey, I'm making a few prototype triggers for Spyders. I'm planning on making roller triggers (ball bearings) like other high end guns have. I do not have a micrometer, and I really need to know the diameter of the trigger pin to find bearings that will fit nicely. If someone would be so kind as to help me out, that would be great. Hell who knows, if all goes good I have a few people on PBN interested in the triggers, so I may start putting out a few to compete with other larger known companies :D

Thanks,
Brian

big_daddy_d
01-11-2006, 06:13 PM
Need someone to test out any prototypes? :D I call dibs!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! !!!!!!!!!1

covert24
01-11-2006, 06:16 PM
yea man. me and big daddy will help prototype test for u. no one else tho. we gangstas

covert24
01-11-2006, 06:30 PM
oh and by the way the diameter is about 10mm.

bigred76
01-11-2006, 06:56 PM
Damnit, I hope I'm not too late. If you wish another tester, COUNT ME IN! :D

covert24
01-11-2006, 07:05 PM
ok us three r the only ppl who will be testing these triggers no one else.

Nader
01-11-2006, 08:54 PM
Damn, you jerks!
I wanted to test 'em too!

bigred76
01-11-2006, 09:21 PM
LOL, how about we let Evolution decide who should get them. I take it Nader wants in too? ;)

big_daddy_d
01-11-2006, 11:00 PM
ummm just remember I freakin called dibs... I'm seriously lookin forward to a roller trigger for spyders, it's about damn time...

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 04:53 AM
I got a new trigger from SPPS so as soon as I get it I will measure the pin for ya. You want the diameter only? and do you want the hole inside diameter also?

And why not.. add me to the test group

HacKeR

ad0131065
01-12-2006, 06:25 AM
I'd test one too

evolutionlax247
01-12-2006, 10:46 AM
Ok before anyone calls dibs, I nedd the diameter of the trigger pin (the thing that holds the trigger in the frame), and not the hole in the trigger :p And whoever said it is 10mm, there is no possible way, its between 3-4mm, but I need a reading from a micrometer because if I'm going to make roller triggers, I want the size to be PERFECT haha.

But so far heres what the triggers will be-

-They will be made of white delrin
-2pt adjustable
-roller bearings
-Since I dye lacrosse sticks, I can also custom dye the delrin with fades,
splatter, and lettering to match peoples guns :D I hope this will be a big
selling point (besides the bearings of course)
-Each trigger will be hand made and custom designs can even be sent to me
-maybe even magnetic?? If I can find weak enough magnets that I dont have
buy in bulk
-so far the estimated price per trigger would be $15-20

So with all that said, I'm hoping this will work out nicely...... and as for testing, I don't need THAT many people haha but thanks for the interest. Once I get a few done, I'm gonna talk to mods on here such as Otter and such and see if they'd be interested in testing. Then I will see what happens from there....

bamf-hacker
01-12-2006, 10:50 AM
Ok before anyone calls dibs, I nedd the diameter of the trigger pin (the thing that holds the trigger in the frame), and not the hole in the trigger :p And whoever said it is 10mm, there is no possible way, its between 3-4mm, but I need a reading from a micrometer because if I'm going to make roller triggers, I want the size to be PERFECT haha.

yep no problem. As soon as my SPPS Trigger comes in I will strip down my frame and messure it for you. Should be any day now.

HacKeR

big_daddy_d
01-12-2006, 11:38 AM
Need to make my way into the mod ranks :D lol

evolutionlax247
01-12-2006, 12:07 PM
yea sounds good hacker, thanks for the help.

big_daddy_d
01-12-2006, 01:14 PM
Just out of curiousity what the heck is a micrometer?!?!?!?!?!

evolutionlax247
01-12-2006, 01:29 PM
Here is a micrometer http://x12.putfile.com/1/1116240477.gif (http://www.putfile.com)

DexGtr
01-12-2006, 01:36 PM
Just out of curiousity what the heck is a micrometer?!?!?!?!?!

http://demo1.physics.wisc.edu/MDemos/Pics/B1p2.gif

DRAGON
01-12-2006, 01:40 PM
Hey, I'm making a few prototype triggers for Spyders. I'm planning on making roller triggers (ball bearings) like other high end guns have. I do not have a micrometer, and I really need to know the diameter of the trigger pin to find bearings that will fit nicely. If someone would be so kind as to help me out, that would be great. Hell who knows, if all goes good I have a few people on PBN interested in the triggers, so I may start putting out a few to compete with other larger known companies :D

Thanks,
Brian

This does not project a good mental image of the possible final result or your triggers lol. If you don't have essential tools such as a caliper(not micrometer), how do you expect to measure dimensions, eyeballing them? There's fat chance in hell you'll get a bearing between the pin and bottom of the body and at the same time have a trigger wrapped around it. If you plan to be competitive and dwell with the sharks, you bess sharpen your toofers a bit first lol. Anyways good luck with your endeavor -

evolutionlax247
01-12-2006, 02:56 PM
Ok first off, I am currently not home so I don't have a micrometer on me. Secondly yes a micrometer would get me the correct measurement, and yes the bearing should fit, I have done the measurements (hopefully all works out good with those measurements) If you think about it, there is room on the top of the trigger. The top adjustment screw sticks out quiete a bit, more than enough to fit a bearing. The only problem I could see with that is if the trigger cant reach the microswitch, in which case I would add another adjustment screw. Another issue would be that the trigger wouldnt be able to be adjusted too far away from the trigger, but that wouldn't cause a problem to most people, seeing as everyone wants a closer trigger pull. Thanks for all the feedback guys, keep it comming.

WhatThaSmurf
01-12-2006, 03:02 PM
closer trigger you say? my microswitch is already partially depressed i have it so tight

DRAGON
01-12-2006, 04:23 PM
Meh.....Evo, you really know what you're talking about........go get em lol - :p

evolutionlax247
01-12-2006, 05:55 PM
Yea sorry for being a little on the edge Dragon, your first post sounded like you were purposely trying to discourage the project, but its all good. And Smurf, your trigger is basically depressing you microswitch already because you moved the set screw to be like that. And that whole idea of it being closer is a "what if" incase the bearings are a tight fit.

bigred76
01-12-2006, 06:05 PM
I have my custom trigger with 3 set-screws in it exactly like an Intimidator trigger except for the ball bearing, and I love it. :) One for rear adjustment, fore adjustment, and switch impact (dunno what else to call it).

Somehow being able to put a magnet on the trigger would be nice, btw. Some people like it; it puts a different feel on the trigger. ;)

WhatThaSmurf
01-12-2006, 06:20 PM
And Smurf, your trigger is basically depressing you microswitch already because you moved the set screw to be like that.
i know, it took me a pretty good time to get it how i wanted, i even got the adjustment screw in the trigger to make it stop right after the switch hits! :D i love it, i can really rip with it. i can cap my board so easy and its still the 250 switch!

evolutionlax247
01-14-2006, 08:09 PM
woot woot, just got the exact measurements from the Kingman techs.

bamf-hacker
01-14-2006, 08:12 PM
ok.... I got the shipment confirmation on the SPPS trigger, so I need to go to my office to get it. If you still need any measurements let me know.

HacKeR

evolutionlax247
01-15-2006, 07:46 AM
Nope i should be good, the Kingman Techs sent me an email precisely down to the hundreths thousandths place, so that is more than accurate enough. Thanks anyway Hacker

covert24
01-22-2006, 06:32 AM
well keep us posted along the way. hope this trigger will make it to the top cause if u do perfect it and start selling it these things are gonna flyoff the shelves. and remember me and big_daddy volounteered first but its really up to u. again good luck.

paintmaster
01-24-2006, 12:54 PM
ill be a tester to count me in to help test these awsome triggers.

big_daddy_d
01-24-2006, 02:21 PM
Think he was leaving the testing to the mods folks... Sorry to burst your bubbles...

phatphil
01-24-2006, 02:40 PM
Nope i should be good, the Kingman Techs sent me an email precisely down to the hundreths thousandths place, so that is more than accurate enough. Thanks anyway Hacker
Just out of curiosity... what is it?

evolutionlax247
01-25-2006, 04:21 PM
Alright well just as an update this project is being put on hold for a week or so....I've ran into a problem with my LP Spyder chopping like a like a Canadian lumberjack (no offense to you Canadians, Canadians rule) I have to put some cash into putting eyes on my Spyder cuz my Z boarded Eggy just isnt keeping up.

THE PROJECT WILL NOT BE CANCELLED IM JUST OUT OF FUNDING FOR NOW. I'm still experimenting with some scraps or Delrin. I have to find the right placement for the bearings and such. Once I have the cash to make a few extra, they will be made and sent for testing (I'm going to ask mods such as Otter and DreFish to test, so I'm sorry to all those that volounteered but thats how its going to have to be.)

evolutionlax247
01-25-2006, 04:27 PM
Oh and by the way anyone who would like to help with funding, feel free!!!! :rolleyes: But no seriosouly if any one knows some one who would sell really small bearings and could get a hold of like 2 or 3 please let me know. No local stores around here sell them and online the lowest there sold in is in amounts of like 20, which I have no need for.