PDA

View Full Version : Fenix acs bolt.... Help

pt_22
10-24-2006, 03:02 PM
Hey, i have recently purchased a Fenix and want to know is it worth upgrading to the derlin acs bolt? I have read ottersc customs and he doesnt like the derlin bolts because they swell in wet weather...

I'm after some opinions of people who have a fenix ACS, or have upgraded a stock bolt to a ACS..

Hob Hayward
10-24-2006, 03:20 PM
Well, if you don't have a fast hopper and you shoot above the feedrate of your hopper alot you stand a good chance of chopping. I found when using the ACS in my imagine that it worked flawlessly with no chops. Of course in the winter the bolt didn't work well at all because I presume what happens is that the cold shrinks the bolt and you get weird turbulence which causes random breaks. But other than that if you use it on 40* + weather its a great investment.

What otter said about delrin bolts is kindof outdated, the delrin used now doesn't swell usually, at least between 4 delrin bolts I have used its never been a problem.

pt_22
10-25-2006, 12:22 AM
thanks for that, helps greatly!! :-) now i just have to find somewhere that will import them at a fair price... (im in NZ)

As for the hopper, im using a eVLution II, so it should be ok. Got it off a mate so im not going to complain about whats free..

EDIT: btw, if others have had other experiences with ACS bolts please also add them here, i will check regularly. Thanks.

JMotioN
10-25-2006, 02:58 PM
they are very hard to disesemble and break balls left and right when you shoot over 300 on my pilot :D. o yeah they also get kinda dirty from the oil, and i stripped a screw and and the other one i chipped a piece of it off on the bolt.

vwjimmy
10-25-2006, 04:32 PM
I have several ACS markers....a Fenix and Pilot and a Flash that we upgraded to ACS. I don't have anything bad to say about them. When broke in well, they actually work quite nicely. I keep my markers clean and I have never had a swelling problem with an ACS bolt, or any other delrin bolt I have. The Flash chopped maddly when fired as fast as possible, so we bought an ACS bolt, broke it in and it really helped. It hardly ever chops now! I highly recommend the ACS bolt. The only warnings I can give you is to clean you marker as soon as you are finished with it, never oil the bolt, and remember if you decide to convert your Fenix to Low Pressure operation, the ACS bolt will probably have to be replaced. Hope this helps!

Welcome to the KUSA Forum :)

pt_22
10-26-2006, 01:04 PM
Thanks jimmy, i think thats what i wanted to hear... Now i just gotta find one.. (importing to NZ is a biarch cause customs charge extra tax on everything)..

Hob Hayward
10-26-2006, 01:17 PM
Oh jimmy, I tried oiling my acs once, nothing bad happened, but then agai, its better not to risk it I guess. I used goldcup on it, but I'm interested to know if shocker lube would work, because then you could have a better seal AND acs.

spitfirocks
03-04-2007, 01:29 PM
i have a acs pilot, it works like a charm. It saved me 3 balls lol. It just uncocks itself. Ive played in 32 degress fareinheit before, and i had no problem whatso ever. Its a great investment

spitfirocks
03-10-2007, 05:18 PM
i just uprgaded to eyes, they a very good investment, if u dont have a derlin bolt, i reccomend gettin a t-baord with eyes, they about 70 bucks, its a good deal only 40 bucks more than just a derlin bolt. This has nitro, and ramping modes. My pilot(very similar to fenix) is able to do 28 bps, but i have many many more ups. good luck, and enjoy ur new fenix

DO NOT BRING BACK OLD THREADS LIKE THIS. ALSO, IF YOU HAVE THE LAST POST IN A THREAD AND YOU WANT TO POST SOMETHING ELSE, EDIT YOUR PREVIOUS POST! jjr