PDA

View Full Version : Proto Rail

Drefish99
10-24-2006, 08:57 AM
http://gallery.matrixowner.com/data/517/pmr-leak.jpg

Will have a all aluminum body with 3D milling. Polymer co- molded frame with a co-molded trigger and clamp feed. It will come with a standard one piece Proto barrel. Set operating pressure is 140 psi with no on board LPR. All standard tournament programming modes are featured. Hyper 2 regulator is standard as well as a 3D milled ASA which is direct mounted. Retail price will be $399.95

Discuss...

durrell
10-24-2006, 09:07 AM
That is going to murder Ions and Promasters.

vikingshadow
10-24-2006, 09:11 AM
Wow - this is an awesome gun! Would the no onboard LPR make a difference you think? Once they drop in price (in about a year) Ion and promasters are toast - don't even mention the Wrath!

Muddytaco
10-24-2006, 09:39 AM
Wow I am surprized, that looks really nice. Might just have to pick one one to keep as a back up.

SharpObjects
10-24-2006, 11:12 AM
HA! I told you it was real conspiritors. Tell me its not real...sheese

I am so picking one of these up....if I don't get a VS or Superstock. Darn decision making skills. :(

pbfreak3221
10-24-2006, 11:42 AM
That looks amazing, but the trigger looks sort of wierd.

durrell
10-24-2006, 11:58 AM
I wonder what the dealer pricing will be..:shrug:

Oscum Guy
10-24-2006, 12:11 PM
that is awesome! but i dont relly like how the trigger looks.

phatphil
10-24-2006, 12:16 PM
Looks good besides that trigger.

claustrophobia9
10-24-2006, 12:51 PM
fugly. mini beats it.

08Lud08
10-24-2006, 01:02 PM
If its gonna be $300-$350 Im gonna forget about getting a new gun for now and save up for this.

claustrophobia9
10-24-2006, 01:39 PM
Retail price will be $399.95
read...

DyNasty9
10-24-2006, 01:42 PM
hmmm, looks pretty nice actually.im thinking you cant put an UL fame on iit though looks like the reg mount and frame are the same part. i wana see one in person.

Hob Hayward
10-24-2006, 01:45 PM
Anyone notice that they made the feedneck out of the same polymer as the frame? That and the trigger are the only bad parts that I can see...

Gotta love the "when companies compete you win" which oh so darn happening and its friggin awesome for us.

leed
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
...That trigger...

thechubbss12
10-24-2006, 02:00 PM
time to drop $800 in acouple of new spool valves (Mini and new Proto)...

Ace24
10-24-2006, 02:09 PM
How can they get away with selling it for that cheap?! God... Must be because of the Mini, no?

I want to try out both when they come out.

stylinbeaver
10-24-2006, 02:16 PM
I like it. I like it alot!

FredPo
10-24-2006, 06:37 PM
This new gun looks promising. I'm a little behind though, could someone send me some info regarding the mini. A pic of it possibly and maybe some general information about it. It would be much appreciated.

Fred

conradl
10-24-2006, 06:46 PM
does any body have any clue to what season this is comming out? example: fall, winter, spring, summer, and what year?

durrell
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
http://www.spyder.tv/forums/showthread.php?t=6462

does any body have any clue to what season this is comming out? example: fall, winter, spring, summer, and what year?

Probably World Cup next month I imagine.

badoingle
10-24-2006, 06:47 PM
What is this Mini you speak of? and so, when does the Rail come out? (was gonna buy an Ion but dunno now)

FredPo
10-24-2006, 07:06 PM
Disregard my question about the mini. Found some stuff on pbn about it. NOt impressed to be honest, the proto rail matrix looks more promising IMO.

Fred

conradl
10-24-2006, 07:19 PM
yea but what is this Polymer crap, that is the same stuff they make the body for the ion, right? so it's Plastic??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please clear this up

DyNasty9
10-24-2006, 07:42 PM
i think its being released at cup. correct me if im wrong, thats like november 20 something

timmyshoota
10-24-2006, 07:52 PM
i think its being released at cup. correct me if im wrong, thats like november 20 something
November 8-12.

leed
11-07-2006, 10:56 PM
Was at World Cup..

http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/thenepl/World%20Cup/DSC00359.jpg
Almost looks like chris in the background.. :nododgy:
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/thenepl/World%20Cup/DSC00358.jpg
http://i68.photobucket.com/albums/i3/thenepl/World%20Cup/DSC00394.jpg

SharpObjects
11-08-2006, 11:28 AM
Hotness! I'd like to pick that up!

Opteron-O3
11-08-2006, 11:40 AM
How about a vid! :nododgy:

pbgeek09
11-21-2006, 01:18 PM
I wonder what the dealer pricing will be..:shrug:
Action Village has them for $399.99:)

pbgeek09
11-21-2006, 01:20 PM
yea but what is this Polymer crap, that is the same stuff they make the body for the ion, right? so it's Plastic??? :confused: :confused: :confused:

Please clear this up
Yes it is "plastic" as you say. But actually plastic can be good.. don't think of all plastic as that fragile stuff used in toys! Actually they make bulletproof glass of of Lexan (which is a type of plastic). Anyway the only part that is polymer is the grip frame, trigger, and feed neck.. but it's a strong plastic.:waytogo:

chubb0rz
11-21-2006, 03:43 PM
here is a good real pic:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v177/chubb0rz/PB100359.jpg

bigred76
11-21-2006, 04:11 PM
Dealer pricing is lower than MAP... :rolleyes:

Warnichek
12-04-2006, 07:35 AM
One of those was at the fiels last week. The guy who bought it said he is returning it. No LPR and the back piece is plastic. He had to duct tape it back on because the threads stripped ou the 2nd day he had it.
I think I will still try to get one though. Pretty sweet trigger IMO. Lot of people don't like it. I do
Christmas bonus coming up so maybe I will get one.

Dilatedug
12-11-2006, 08:01 PM
hey my friend picked one up as soon as they got it to the local store ..it shoots great, light as hell,but the trigger is weird, its really light but u might have bolt problems and leaks....oring kit is an essesntial

*EM1-Master*
12-11-2006, 09:04 PM
time to drop $800 in acouple of new spool valves (Mini and new Proto)...
Mini's not spool valve, methinks? Me-sure, actually...

Jimmyd24
12-15-2006, 04:30 AM
jsut my luck, im getting a promaster for christmas and look what comes out

joe06
12-19-2006, 05:30 AM
oh come on..dont knock the promaster its not that bad...it has a decent firing mode selection a GREAT trigger and...its not made of plastic.

vikingshadow
12-23-2006, 08:25 PM
Ok, has anyone shot one of these yet? How do they shoot, what kind of efficiency do they get, and how do they feel?

I've read the threads at PBNation about it, but I'd like to know from someone not so biased one way or the other. By the way, I understand NDZ has come out with aftermarket parts for it already - another reason they're my favorite aftermarket company!

DyNasty9
12-23-2006, 10:12 PM
Ok, has anyone shot one of these yet? How do they shoot, what kind of efficiency do they get, and how do they feel?

I've read the threads at PBNation about it, but I'd like to know from someone not so biased one way or the other. By the way, I understand NDZ has come out with aftermarket parts for it already - another reason they're my favorite aftermarket company!
ive held it and shot it so heres my opinion.
man is it small and exremly light. the trigger frame feels kind of big compared to the gun, however there is an UL frame out for it which i think if added to the rail, it would be a sick gun. if you do add the UL frame tho, it does make it heavier, probably not noticable tho, plus you'll gain comfort with the UL frame. so from a technical aspect this gun is almost exactly the same as the PM7, minus the LPR and totally aluminum frame of the PM7.
shooting: i was a little suprised when i shot it. it had a little more kick then i thought it would, but considering my buddy had just brought it back from cup he probably hadnt tuned it up. it was ball on ball accurate tho, and shot ropes.
overall i think its a really nice gun for 400$. i would trade my shocker for an UL one, but noone would probably do that:( lol

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 06:19 AM
Thanks!

Let me ask you this, is it smaller and lighter than the shocker, and how does the kick compare to shooting your shocker? I'm not talking about the listed weights and such, to me, those are just numbers. How does it feel compared to the shocker?

08Lud08
12-24-2006, 07:40 AM
I felt it and to me it was about the same size as my friends pm6 and I think it was a little bit lighter but not by much. also Its lighter than a shocker but To me the shocker feels better in my hands than a rail. I haven't shot the pmr so I cant compare the kick.

DyNasty9
12-24-2006, 10:22 AM
Thanks!

Let me ask you this, is it smaller and lighter than the shocker, and how does the kick compare to shooting your shocker? I'm not talking about the listed weights and such, to me, those are just numbers. How does it feel compared to the shocker?
it deffinatly feels smaller and lighter then a shocker. The kick i was suprised with tho. it had a lot more then my shocker, which has very little kick. i would compare it to an ions kick i guess. however, as i said he had just got it and i dont think he had messed around with the regs and such. protos and dyes are know for shooting smooth so im sure the pmr wouldnt be an exception.

i would take my shocker over a stock pmr, but an UL pmr i would take over my shocker just becuase its smaller and lighter, and with the UL frame probably faster.ill be going sometime this week so ill ask to shoot it agian next to my shocker.

o and its deffinatly smaller then the pm6.

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 10:58 AM
Ok, thanks!

timmyshoota
12-24-2006, 12:12 PM
ive held it and shot it so heres my opinion.
man is it small and exremly light. the trigger frame feels kind of big compared to the gun, however there is an UL frame out for it which i think if added to the rail, it would be a sick gun. if you do add the UL frame tho, it does make it heavier, probably not noticable tho, plus you'll gain comfort with the UL frame. so from a technical aspect this gun is almost exactly the same as the PM7, minus the LPR and totally aluminum frame of the PM7.
shooting: i was a little suprised when i shot it. it had a little more kick then i thought it would, but considering my buddy had just brought it back from cup he probably hadnt tuned it up. it was ball on ball accurate tho, and shot ropes.
overall i think its a really nice gun for 400$. i would trade my shocker for an UL one, but noone would probably do that:( lol
If the PMR has no LPR, then it will kick, and its not gonna go away. Every gun without an LPR kicks.

Backmanshooter
12-24-2006, 05:59 PM
jsut my luck, im getting a promaster for christmas and look what comes outPromasters are still nice markers. With other money, you may be able to get a PMR AND have your promaster.

As for the upgrades...Does NDZ have a feedneck out for it? Or is the stock feedneck strong enough? I'm very interested in getting one.

As for kicks, I have a spyder imagine[which I love to death] has alot of kick. So kick wont be a problem for me.

timmyshoota
12-24-2006, 06:23 PM
I'm pretty sure they are matrix threaded, so you can get any DM feedneck for them.

vikingshadow
12-24-2006, 06:30 PM
From what I've been reading, NDZ has come out with triggers, back caps, feednecks and VA's for the PMR's. The way I see it though, after you spend 400.00 on the gun, then 200 for the UL frame, then whatever for the back cap VA and feedneck, you may as well have bought a PM6. OR, you can just upgrade as you have the money. I think I might get one of these just because I don't wanna drop a buttloade of money into the sport anymore...

ShadowX
12-25-2006, 12:56 PM
I Think you should Vike.. I have personally shot a Rail and they are amazing, I think.. I didn't really notice any kick when I shot it.. The major thing I noticed was the Accuracy, Wow! It was crazy accurate.. More than ball on top of ball.. I was talking to my friend about the marker and he said it's biggest downfall is the efficiency.. It was not that good.. About 800-900 shots on a 68/4000 fill.. But it was not so bad that he was ever running out of air or anything..

I say go for it.. Throw a barrel on it and that is ALL it will need, The feed neck is fine and my friend has had no problems with the plastic back-cap and trigger.

The back-cap is plastic, so I must warn you that you shouldn't crank down on it with a wrench, or it WILL break.. Just finger tight

calebh
12-31-2006, 01:41 PM
interesting how its crazy accurate with the kick... imo, the biggest problem with kick is lower accuracy, so if that's not a problem, then why worry over kick? i think id take a mini, just cuz its new and different. and not plastic