PDA

View Full Version : Regulator leaking..

nightmare88256
10-24-2006, 05:16 AM
I was excited to use my VS2 for the first time yesterday. I had dry fired it a few times in my house a few days prior as I was adjusting my trigger. Then when I went to my local arena lastnight, air was leaking from the front of the regulator. The airsmith said I might have overpressurized it, but I never had the problem at home. He wouldn't touch it regulator, but was nice enough to let me use a rental for free for the night. Is there anything I can do myself to fix it? If not, I'm going to bring it back to the store later in the week to get it fixed. I was using a 68cu LP crossfire tank, and adjusted the pressure around 225psi. I didn't check it as I was dry firing it though. I guess it spiked on me.

rommelr
10-24-2006, 10:00 AM
What should the actual psi be on ur Reg in the first place? the website says @ 200psi, but not sure i hear people saying 210 to 225, what would be sufficient?

nightmare88256
10-24-2006, 11:15 AM
The man at the store told me that the optimal would be between 215 and 250; as anything below 200 can cause re-cocking issues. I was told to make sure the pressure did not go above 300, as that would damage the regulator and the pressure gauge. So I dunno if I put it up too high overall, and never realized it. Of course my luck is that the gun took a bad hit while in transport to the arena.

samus129
10-24-2006, 12:01 PM
i got the same problem but i am useing co2 going to get it looked at tonight

Hob Hayward
10-24-2006, 12:56 PM
Are you sure it wasn't leaking from the macro-line?

nightmare88256
10-24-2006, 07:05 PM
I was pretty sure. Even the airsmith at the arena looked at it. He said it was from the regulator. Thats where the air felt like it was comming from as well. From the small hole by the on/off knob on the side. A kingman rep pm'd me and is trying to help me out. I must say, they provide great service.

samus129
10-25-2006, 01:31 PM
That leaking is a defect. The on/off pin is to long. Go to where you bot the gun and they will order the replacement part for free unless you voided your worrenty that is.

nightmare88256
10-25-2006, 02:23 PM
I haven't even had a chance to use it yet. So it's doubtful my warrenty is voided. I'm going to wait a week or so for the Kingman service tech to contact me before I go back to the store.

EDIT: I was looking at the on/off knob today, and decided to take a look at it. I tried to screw the on/off knob off to see if there was anything simple to fix. The knob wouldn't come off after twising out, so I pulled it a little and the entire rod came out. At first I was shocked but then quite glad to see half of a clear o-ring sitting in a notch by the on/off knob. The other half was sitting inside the the corrosponding notch inside the asa. I put the rob back into the asa for now. Is there anywhere I can get an extra o-ring in that size, like a local hardware store? Or can I get an extra one shipped to me from Kingman?