PDA

View Full Version : How about spyder threaded barrel will it fit?

rommelr
10-23-2006, 09:44 PM
Hey guys, wanted to know with the VS series out now, will any spyder threaded barrels fit now, or will there have to be any modifications done to them... Or must i wait around for aftermarket companies to bring out their new line of spyder threaded barrels for the Vs series? lmk thx...:(

emf7301
10-23-2006, 10:24 PM
All spyder threaded barrels should fit the VS2. The VS3 is limited right now because there is a piece that restricts larger barrels from screwing on all the way. From what i've heard, the J&J's still fit. I'm not sure what other barrels still fit too.

Dilatedug
11-02-2006, 07:56 PM
so a stiffy..barrel will fit no problem on the VS2 right?..bc im thinking of buying a stiffy for my VS2 but i heard that there were problems with the threadings ..so i see that "emf7301" says that its only the VS3 with that problem..but i jus wanted to be sure

pbfreak3221
11-03-2006, 03:22 AM
Yeah, that seems to be the problem.

CareBear-Killer
11-03-2006, 09:45 PM
VS3 only takes 'slim' barrels.

The body of the VS3 protrudes accross the top/front of the marker. anyone who doesn't mind a little sanding/grinding can get just about any barrel to fit the vs3 though. some airsmiths may even do this as a service.

the VS2 has no problems though. use any spyder-threaded barrel you wish.

mrsinbad
11-17-2006, 07:41 AM
I just ordered the VS3 and I was planning on putting my Stiffi on there. So is it the low pressure chamber that is in the way and requires me to grind down the collar on the Stiffi? There is nothing wrong with the threads, right?

CareBear-Killer
11-18-2006, 12:39 PM
if you look close at vs3 pics, above the barrel the body design comes out over the top of the barrel. Its this peice that limits the barrel size.

Not sure if the stiffi barrels wills fit without any grinding.

nickspyder13
11-20-2006, 12:50 PM
ya i got a smart parts 16 inch rifeled barrel and i had to shave alot of the barrel to get it to fit but it works sweet

mrsinbad
11-27-2006, 05:08 AM
I just received my VS3 this weekend and I tried to put on my 14" J&J Ceramic and my 16" Stiffi on my marker. The J&J works but the Stiffi does not fit.

Either you need to grind the aluminum collar on your barrel thinner or you need to grind back the thin piece of the body that sticks out beyond the threads. Really bummed about not being able to drop my Stiffi right in there. :(

psycotic bean
12-06-2006, 07:04 AM
on a vs 3 a spyder threaded apex will fit perfectly but a demon barrel wont :(
but five mins. worth of shaving it down is all it will take