PDA

View Full Version : buying paint

PumaPride04
10-23-2006, 03:56 PM
where can i buy a box of paintball kind of cheap ?

shunut
10-23-2006, 04:24 PM
Usually locally is going to be your best deal. Shipping paint is expensive because of the weight.

Ace24
10-23-2006, 05:38 PM
Wally World. (Wallmart) You can pick up a box of Scorch there for pretty cheap. Its probably the best paint they sell... Its good enough paint for target practice and rec games.

stylinbeaver
10-23-2006, 06:14 PM
Wal-mart sells Monster Balls for $30 a case. That is what I use to just do some target practicing. I use Nelsplat or Zap if I play anywhere.

pbfreak3221
10-23-2006, 07:03 PM
Try to go to local fields, and you can usually find cheap paint, when the canes play at my fields, they seel 2000 assorted balls for 25$.

pt_22
10-24-2006, 02:59 PM
use trademe, www.trademe.co.nz there are plenty of deals on there.

RomeNYRR
10-25-2006, 05:28 AM
Wally World. (Wallmart) You can pick up a box of Scorch there for pretty cheap. Its probably the best paint they sell... Its good enough paint for target practice and rec games.
WOW-ZER, wallmart sells paint!? i'm going to have to make a stop by there today it looks like

STRIKEFIRST
10-25-2006, 07:11 AM
WOW-ZER, wallmart sells paint!? i'm going to have to make a stop by there today it looks like

Walmart sucks...the paint is usually old...pay a few bucks more and support your local field.

Mine followed my "theory" when I was in business in Kentucky cheaper paint higher volume of sales...

He sells FRESH cases of Rampage for 38 bucks...the stuff has always been top notch.

Ace24
10-25-2006, 07:59 AM
Yeah Wallmart is the bottom of the bucket... but is the cheapest. I was just pointing out a cheap paint that is ok for target practice if you use it within the month you buy it. Otherwise its crap. I had scorch sitting around for like 2 months and it was molding to the other balls and the pigment was comming off the shells. I've had Xball in my room for 4 months and it has yet to show any signs of deteriation.

Since I am a reff, I can get a case of 2000 Xball Bronze for $30 at my field. Check out some local fields and see if they have whats called "Reused paint". My indoor field sells it for like $12 a case.... you just have to dump it in a pan of mineral spirits and let the broken shells and paint drip fall off. Then whipe it down and its good for target practice or some good old fashion woodsball with a few friends.

shunut
10-25-2006, 10:02 AM
I used a case of Scorch from Wal-Mart and worked great for me. Even had a bag sit in my room for about 2-3 months, used it to test on my Ego had no problems.

charvel74
10-25-2006, 10:56 PM
Go to your local paintball shop and see what they have. Try to avoid paying shipping on paint. Kind of defeats the purpose of finding a great deal online only to be nailed with high shipiing costs.
Mark

Sandman_Bravo
10-26-2006, 02:10 AM
We must have a good sized paintball demographic here, because my local Wal-Mart goes through paint quickly. This ensures fresh paint on the shelves for me. I have used from them;
super swirl (quality varies greatly)
big ball (same)
monster balls (too small/fly poorly/thin paint)
zap rec ball (do not use/awful)
scorch (best for the money) Now scorch comes in a new box and are renamed visible impact.
Good luck.

08Lud08
10-26-2006, 12:16 PM
I keep hearing how good scorch is for the money. Is better than stingers?

Mlb06
10-26-2006, 02:17 PM
ive used both and its basicly the same but stingers r cheaper

08Lud08
10-26-2006, 02:55 PM
ok thanks

bamf-hacker
10-26-2006, 06:57 PM
Richard's Sporting Goods (use the other name) or Sports Authority both have cheap paint.

IMO don't use cheap paint, you get what you pay for.

nbishop66
10-26-2006, 10:20 PM
If you do end up getting paint from Wallyworld, Target, or Richards Sporting Good don't be afraid to crack open the case to check the quality. My local Richards encourages it. When I brought a case of cheap crap from Richards, got it home and the inside of the bags where wet. Brought it back and the dumb-a assistant manager was telling me that that's the way it should be. I told him no-frigin-way.
So, basically just crack the case, make sure it looks good before you get home and find out that it's been sitting in the back of a trailer in the sun for weeks before it made it to the shelf.

taurinic
10-27-2006, 03:38 AM
If you want WalMart paint, look for the super swirls, they shoot great and they are black/green swirl'd.

If you go to SportsAuthority, get ZAP. If you want the most brittle paint, get the ones that has the US colors. I dropped half of those on the ground and they all busted.

pbfreak3221
10-27-2006, 04:32 AM
Personally I hate ZAP paint, just shoots cheap.

RollerDisco92
10-27-2006, 11:56 AM
I agree with you zap isn't the best paint, the only paint that I like of theres at the moment is the americans falg ones (I don't know the name of them). What I did was bought about 5 of those 100 count tubs to see which one I liked best. I would sugest doing this to anyone.

spyderpaintball
10-27-2006, 12:15 PM
Personally I wont buy paint from anywhere else than a Proshop. Namely becuase a proshop will due 3 things.

1) They keep paint a consistant moderate tempature. I hazard to guess that most non-paintball retailers store paint in the same way they store everything else, in non-temp controled warehouses that can either be cold, hot, or anywhere inbetween.

2) Have good turnover on paint. Large stores like Wal-mart will buy mulitple skids at a time so they get the lowest price, but the skids will proboly sit in the afore mentioned warehouse for some time before being sold.

3) Check the paint before selling it to you. I know some one mentioned their store does that as well but I know the Walmarts around me will NOT allow it. I know people that were yelled at by managers for insisting that they be able to check the paint before being bought.

That being said for cheap paint look at Stinger or Karnage Bite.

08Lud08
10-27-2006, 12:21 PM
Yeah at my shop they check the bags for break and you can get a case with one or two breaks in a bag for $25 so thats not bad.

spyderpaintball
10-27-2006, 12:27 PM
The store I work for wont sell broken paint to anyone. We replace all bags that have broken pain in them. I like it becuase I usually get the broken paint to practice with.

splater18
10-28-2006, 08:07 AM
I agree with you zap isn't the best paint, the only paint that I like of theres at the moment is the americans falg ones (I don't know the name of them). What I did was bought about 5 of those 100 count tubs to see which one I liked best. I would sugest doing this to anyone.

i think you are talking about JT freedom because that is some nice stuff used it before had only like 2-3 breaks.