PDA

View Full Version : So, tommorow I'm get my braces off...

SharpObjects
10-23-2006, 12:39 PM
Wow. It just hit me. I've had my braces for about (4) years. The cleaning, the elastics, going to the orthodontist every month, getting them tightened, will all be over. I had to have them on an extra 2 years, because I had surgery to remove 2 teeth on my lower jaw that were crowding my mouth.

w00t!!!!111!!1!1!

Yeah, I'm excited about it. I'll be able to eat Doritos and popcorn again! :hungry:

I know it will feel slimy, and I gotta do the whole retainer thing. It'll just feel good to finally get them off.

I'm so excited, I needed to post it here for all to see...err....read.

:D

thechubbss12
10-24-2006, 04:47 AM
LOL Rock on man... Hope you like life with alittle less attachted metal... LOL

RomeNYRR
10-24-2006, 05:04 AM
where are the pix of the new teeth?? good to know they're coming off. i can imagine how annoying they can get

vwjimmy
10-24-2006, 05:32 AM
I did 4 years too.....
CONGRATS!!!!!!! :D

Moe
10-24-2006, 05:35 AM
I did 2.5 years and it sucked balls! The day after I got them off I started dating my girlfriend...and now we have been dating for 27 months...hah. BUT, wear your retainer! I didn't and now my teeth are back to being jacked up again!

SharpObjects
10-24-2006, 11:19 AM
LoL thanks for the comments. I'll have some before/after pics sometime soon.

I don't have a retainer, but a "postioner". Its like a mouth guard that makes the teeth line up. I have to wear it for 4 days straight, and then for another 2 weeks, each day for 4 hours. Every 20 minutes I have to bite down hard to put the teeth into postion. I can't talk to anyone while wearing it. It sucks, but at least I can take it out. And you can bet your quarter that I'm gonna wear my retainer (when I get it). Most of my friends who didn't wear the retainer always had to get the braces back on. I really don't wanna put up with it.

So besides wearing the positioner, I have a new found confidence in myself. Haven't felt that for 7 months. It feels good not finding you had some dinner left from the night before. lol

I get a retainer on th 14th of November.

Again, thanks guys.

pbfreak3221
10-24-2006, 11:30 AM
Hehe, I always ate popcorn with my braces I just didn't care, but Nice man.

emf7301
10-24-2006, 11:51 AM
congrats man, i got lucky and only needed braces for a year and 4 months. But now i gotta go get my wisdom teeth pulled over christmas break because they are gonna start crowding my pretty teeth and messing them up again. Did they give you a permanent bottom retainer? Enjoy it and hopefully you won't need them again.

Hossy
10-24-2006, 01:42 PM
first thing you have to eat

TOOTSIE ROLLS

SharpObjects
10-24-2006, 02:03 PM
God, I almost forgot about tootsie rolls! You know I'm gonna. :dancingman:

No, I haven't got a perminant bottom retainer. I don't think I'll be getting one. But I'll know as soon as I get my retainer.

Thanks again

claustrophobia9
10-24-2006, 02:49 PM
changes always suck, even if they are coming off.

Maxx-Damage
10-24-2006, 04:15 PM
congrats
But when i had mine come off it sucked so bad. I started to talk funny when i got my retainer, it took about 3months of wierd nioses until i got used to the retainer and was able to speak.

Permanent retainer> plastic stupid thing

vikingshadow
10-24-2006, 05:06 PM
Now you should go out and get you some grills.....

LOL! Just playing - congratulations!

Ace24
10-24-2006, 05:32 PM
Trust me... its amazing (Comming from someone who had braces and a herpse (Herpse is a mettal thinger that goes in your mouth to move your jaw forward. It has rods that cut into your cheaks, and its extremely uncomfortable) for 4 years.) Your going to love having it off. However. If they give you the option of a retainer that you put in your mouth or the kind that goes on the back of the teeth... its up to you, but the back of the teeth stays in till your 21. You cant take it out, its cemented in, and you cant floss your front teeth. I have one in right now.

To tell you the truth, I never listened to that popcorn or dorito thing after having them in for 1 month. The only time I broke them was when I ate laffy taffy... Learned from that and didnt eat it again.

You got lucky only having to have braces though...

Jimmyd24
10-24-2006, 05:40 PM
im on my 6th year and counting, yeah, i use them to shine the sun into others eyes during paintball games right before i bunker them

Total90Oliver
10-24-2006, 06:22 PM
I had them for 3 years, and for 3 years it was hell for me. When you get them off you are gonna look so diff. and your gonna feel so diff.

SharpObjects
10-26-2006, 11:38 AM
They really feel different. I'm still getting use to it, and so are the people around me, being use to seeing me with braces.

As for the retainer thing, I'm just gonna go with the old standard retainer. I don't think I could deal with something glued to my mouth until I'm 21.

And I hate when they want to make my jaw move. It doesn't seem to wanna happen.

newkid
10-27-2006, 07:20 PM
good for you, and all this talk about teeth makes me remember..........I HATE THE DENTIST