PDA

View Full Version : Regulator question

bracer028
10-23-2006, 10:05 AM
if i don't know whether to go low pressure or not, which regulator should i get, a lp or a hp...

all of you have spyders...do you guys recommend going LP.

I have an electra. The next gun i'm going to get is a pump so this will be my only semi automatic. Should i upgrade the **** out of the electra?

Opteron-O3
10-24-2006, 05:55 AM
Go to www.ottersccustoms.com for detailed articles over Low Pressure and Spyder Upgrades.

In my opinion, I love my LP Spyder it has a different feel over higher ends and doesn't kick as much as a normal spyder. It's perfect for me :D

druid
10-24-2006, 11:26 AM
Opteron is correct. Personally, I hate the Rocking Trigger frame and would replace that with a CAMD/ESP frame or even Mako storm it (if you can find one) and add a TBoard...but that's personal preference and doesn't really affect the performance of the body/bolt area...

A quick cautionary note...going LP isn't cheap so if you don't have about $200-300 to spend and a butt-load of time to make it work, don't even start the project. Skimping on the process will only aggrevate you...

A way to overcome the initial 'shock' of spending the money is to acquire one, two parts at a time and set them aside until you have it all. This allows you to get the reg...box it....then asa...then spring kit...then barrel, etc...and when you have everything you need, start working on the project....

kidonfire
10-24-2006, 12:12 PM
A way to overcome the initial 'shock' of spending the money is to acquire one, two parts at a time and set them aside until you have it all. This allows you to get the reg...box it....then asa...then spring kit...then barrel, etc...and when you have everything you need, start working on the project....

Well, you can use the reg at least. You should get one even if your not going LP. Anyway, using the reg will get it broken in before you start the project.

druid
10-25-2006, 03:10 AM
Anyway, using the reg will get it broken in before you start the project.

True dat...if he leaves the pressure around 800/850 then there's no issue except to rebuild the reg every so many cases. If he lowers the psi any, he'll need a spring kit to keep his velocity at normal speeds...at that rate, it's possible to go to say mayyyyyyyybe....600 psi or so but I doubt any lower (although that's not a rule, just an assumption) until he opens the airway, gets the valve and bolt....(et al)

Opteron-O3
10-25-2006, 06:54 AM
Actually as long as he keeps Volume to the max, and gets a higher flowing VA he can possibly achieve 500psi with a proper spring combo. How do you think the AMG is LP out of the box? Volume.

druid
10-25-2006, 06:40 PM
Actually as long as he keeps Volume to the max, and gets a higher flowing VA he can possibly achieve 500psi with a proper spring combo. How do you think the AMG is LP out of the box? Volume.

yes that's true but my latest response was aimed at kidonfire's input....he said he could just run a reg...and the answer to that is yes, you can "but_____"...and I'm guessing that bracer is fully aware of the needed items for an LP marker...which...includes...**ahem**...a VA....

And let's be clear on this, I rebuilt my Esprit and it operated at 200 psi/279 fps...as well as built a half-dozen others about as low...so I am fully aware of the necessicities to complete the LP project.

cheers

vwjimmy
10-25-2006, 07:03 PM
I always liked throwing the valve in second......
even with the stock springs, you can get the pressure down some... :)

DRAGON
10-25-2006, 07:40 PM
My E-99 hit relatively 500psi with the Palmer's, stock valve and a few LP mods -

Opteron-O3
10-26-2006, 06:17 AM
yes that's true but my latest response was aimed at kidonfire's input....he said he could just run a reg...and the answer to that is yes, you can "but_____"...and I'm guessing that bracer is fully aware of the needed items for an LP marker...which...includes...**ahem**...a VA....

And let's be clear on this, I rebuilt my Esprit and it operated at 200 psi/279 fps...as well as built a half-dozen others about as low...so I am fully aware of the necessicities to complete the LP project.

cheers

I was just agreeing with you :) Trying to add more input :thumbup:

I've built many spyder myself, was just trying to share some knowledge :)